trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But frankly it would not have been possible for the defense to find an expert who (1) was willing to take JA's side and (2) was also able to come across as objective on cross.

Maybe it got lost with the board speeding by, but who or what was the story with someone being an assist with Mitigation and then becoming a defense witness regarding abuse? Or am I crazy? lol TIA

I get the impression that Nurmi would rather be ANYWHERE else. I think most of the case, including experts, was designed by Jennifer Wilmott. I absolutely can't stand the way JW and Jodi look at each other. They sit and write notes to each other like fifth grade BFF's.

In matching clothes. I think my DD was in fifth grade when she and her BFF used to plan out their matching clothing for school the next day.

Help me someone...do we know the first time ALV met with JA, and when JA changed her story to self defense?

Is it just me? Several times when they show the female defense atty, is her name JW?
Anyway I think at times the expression on her face makes me think she is thinking,
"why did we put this woman on the stand??"

No IMO that is utter contempt for JM...

If a witness is telling the truth - and if they're truly objective - then they have NO REASON to fear either attorney questioning them - period. The fact that ALV is struggling so terribly - frustrated, angry, defiant, sarcastic - this all goes to show her as SOOOOOOO horribly biased, she is not to be trusted by the jury!

And to that end, if anyone on the jury DOES trust or or stand by HER testimony - that would show bias on their part too. If they're objective as a jury, they'll disregard 100% her entire testimony and lay it aside.

Anyone catch JA's eye roll on video?

@WildAboutTrial

Alyce will be playing at Standup Live tonight from 8-9pm. Tickets are free. #JodiArias

OMG, that jogged a memory of a performance I saw in a standup comedy show! There was a woman of a certain age (but it was back in the 1990s, I think), and her demeanor and looks were very much like ALV! I only remember ONE thing about her act. She was talking about products for occasional feminine itching. She said she didn't need to throw away money on something like that because she already HAD something for it; then she showed the audience her fingers in a slow scratching motion. It was funnier than it sounds :biggrin:

Old-fashioned as she is, I can TOTALLY see ALV telling that joke!

Proving JA lied about the slap. Travis wanted her gone!!

I have to say the more I watch JM the more I am in awe of this man and his legal skills. He does not miss a beat. When someone thinks they have answered his question in an obscure way--he is right there to turn it into a:

"Sure you did"
"Of course, because that is the way you work, right?
"So that is a No"----Or---"so that is a yes"

He jumps around beautifully, orchestrating a "jumble of confusion " for the defense witnesses. Then uses their answer to segue into exactly the POINT he wanted to make.

It has sincerely been a pleasure to watch someone of his caliber stay on track with DW who do everything in their power to stay ahead of him but ---they just do not know where he is going-----SO BA-BYE!!! Next?

I just love this man!!!!!

What's KN doing, drafting another motion to boot the next juror?

fetch-machine-dog.gif

OMG, cutest thing evah!

Not so sure her ?'s were snarky. She's Polish I believe, maybe a language barrier.

Good point! And some of the questions I'm thinking about (ie "could a bad haircut cause PTSD?) may not have been her at all. I'm just hopeful that we'll see a few of the "what is your definition of *advertiser censored*" variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo