trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DT should be thankful to Juan for asking ALV to stop mentioning the limited materials that she was provided to prepare for the case.

The camera lingered on her just a moment ago. Her head is shaky and her left eyelid is starting to droop.

Oh no!! No, No, No!! {Sharp scolding Juan voice} You aren't going to stroke out on the prosecutor now!! We haven't completed your testimony for the day here! No, No. No! Don't look over there, you can stroke out on their questions on re-direct, not NOW!!" :rocker:

Just caught the last 15 minutes. How has JM done today? I don't even need to ask ask about ALV.....same ole Alyce :facepalm:

ALV told JM that if he was in her group or something she'd tell him to take a TIME OUT! JM asked the Judge to admonish ALV and the Judge did so at once!

Watch it all please. Sooooo good!

I love days like today...when Juan totally flips a witness! He's making Lavy look like a fool. I can't take her seriously anymore!

I have to leave now . . . I have commitments IRL . .. is someone willing to pseudo-transcribe for the last hour (ish) of the day? The people who cannot watch or listen really appreciate the opportunity to keep up with the gist of what is being said in the courtroom . .. . call out to KMouse or Here-Now . . . or anyone else willing to try?

thank you so much!
I put transcription post numbers n the edit tags this afternoon.

good luck and may the force be with you!

Juan is going to throw that Time Out remark back at her at some point - mark my words! Something along the lines of "Isn't it true Jodi's jealousy was such that she wanted Travis on a permanent Time Out so he couldn't date anyone else?"

I've been thinking the same thing today. I think that had ALV not entered the case the defense would have been heat of passion. Which frankly I think would have been the most reasonable defense. I think a heat of passion case would have given Jodi the best shot at not getting the death penalty.

I think ALV is what gave the defense the idea to go with this insane self defense mumbo jumbo.

:seeya:I have also thought-why not heat of passion..its beyond me why they chose this defense

Just caught the last 15 minutes. How has JM done today? I don't even need to ask ask about ALV.....same ole Alyce :facepalm:

It's been one of his best days IMO, he's really hit his stride and he's forced her to concede on a handful of issues. She's unravelling. I think he's really on his game today (and yes, my name is LotusPP and I am a Juanette, but that is my unbiased opinion if I am capable of one!)

She's over her her and is confusing quality with quantity...:great:

Yeah, but I still say she's going to take at least a week or more for her re-direct of ALV. She'll read verbatim every single one of the diary entries, text messages, im's, emails and letters word for word, again, and ask ALV to again verify that they indicate Jodi was an abuse victim. That is going to be so much worse than the first time she did it.

How is it that neither her or Nurmi seem to discern the feelings of the jury, or whether the jury is still 'with them' or not? Wouldn't that alone sort of prompt you to sit down, or pare the minutia down just a bit??

I will NOT be able to watch the re direct on this witness by JW. She has been taking copious notes and I would bet she will do her whole (painful) direct again. Just like with RS. JMO

Weebles thank you for the fur animals show. its so heartwarming to watch .it calms me down when I feel like i want to scream at the words coming out of ALV mouth.. thank you for keeping me sane.

I have to leave now . . . I have commitments IRL . .. is someone willing to pseudo-transcribe for the last hour (ish) of the day? The people who cannot watch or listen really appreciate the opportunity to keep up with the gist of what is being said in the courtroom . .. . call out to KMouse or Here-Now . . . or anyone else willing to try?

thank you so much!
I put transcription post numbers n the edit tags this afternoon.

good luck and may the force be with you!

Thanks for your hard work! Sorry about real life butting in. lol

It blows my mind that she does a conference on being an expert witness but then tells the prosecutor she would put him on a time out if she could!!

AVL sounds like she's taken a couple Valiums.....really slowed down, but still not co-operating on questions.

She keeps talking about the entirety of the evidence that she based her opinion on. As Juan debunks each piece of her evidence, he needs a visual aid that he puts each piece on and that he can show her as a whole.

Eventually, the entirety of the evidence will speak for Travis and ALV won't have a leg to stand on.

Don't forget the big revelation. Jodi cut her finger while cutting apples, totally irreconcilable with the story she told on the stand (cutting it while picking up glass). Three stories for the finger cut now. Why? Because she can't keep her lies straight and is trying to coverup the fact that her "broken" finger occurred on June 4th, which negates her story of domestic violence on Jan 22nd, as well as her allegation of pedophilia. This IS big for me, and hopefully the jury considers it big too.

Wait - when did Jodi say she cut her finger cutting apples? Was that what Alyce say today? I'm trying to keep up, but this dang job keeps beckoning me away from trial obsession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf