Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Linda! :rocker:

Ok, I know the "backpack" incident and running up to the bathroom crying.

But the hair comment, is that for today? :seeya:

One of the arguments discussed in court was started by Travis's friend right before they all went on a hiking trip. Travis's friend took it upon himself to rifle through Jodi's backpack, remove what he felt didn't belong to lighten the load. She got angry and I don't blame her.

Her hair looks awful

Wasn't sure which part you were confused about;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT, and I didn't follow the trial so I know next to nothing, but how can Amanda Knox be tried again if she was acquitted the first time? Anyone know?

The law is different in Italy, where she was charged. The US could choose not to extradite her because of our "double jeopardy" but I don't know if they'd do that.

OT, and I didn't follow the trial so I know next to nothing, but how can Amanda Knox be tried again if she was acquitted the first time? Anyone know?

She wasn't acquitted, she was convicted. She is out on appeal. At least that is what I understand.

What's with her filthy hair? :what::sick:

If anything, at least in some jurisdictions, the inmates get more perks (such as more frequent showers) during their trial. As for the jacket today, it is beyond me what she was doing with it. However, between the hair pulled back, the glasses and the short sleeved blouse all I can surmise is she was trying for that innocent school-girl look. The blouse almost looks like one that would go with a school uniform.

:facepalm:

MOO

If Jodi gets DP, there are automatic appeals, dragging out for decades, paid for by the state.

LWOP (or less) would be appeals filed and paid for at Jodi's expense. Since she thinks herself the smartest person in the room, no doubt Jodi would be one of those prisoners who studies the law ad nauseum, filing her own appeals. Too bad she didn't do the study outside the prison for real and do something worthwhile with her life instead of murdering Travis.

The only time has genuinely cried in a believable manner was the day she found out that the ENTIRE sex tape would be played instead of the bullcarp powerpoint excerpts that the DA wanted to play.

Seriously, this woman savagely killed a man. No emotions? Hair curtain and dabbing her nose repeatedly. That's it.

moo

concerning Jodi's hair, I think it is a DT trick. No offense to DV women but I think they want her to look the part...which they would be wrong on. Matronly and tired and poor, poor Jodi.

Are we talking two different things?
1) Her state of mind at the time of the murder (battered woman)
2) SD claim, and lesser included if they haven't proven SD

And I agree they may get a lesser charge included, but I think they'll fail on the juror instructions of the battered woman.

I guess we are. Sorry. Is there a separate jury charge for battered women? I think they'll get a 2nd degree and/or manslaughter charge.

Amanda Knox was convicted initially, then had the verdict overturned, no?

In that country they don't look at being set free as they do here. Basically over there they will keep trying you until you are found guilty. I think her attorney's did say she did not have to go back for the trial. But will they extradite her , don't know.

62 seconds. 1 minute and 2 seconds. But what happened in that time, did she shoot him, did she stab him maybe in his head or maybe in his back (9times) or maybe even shoot him in his head. Did he chase her then down the hall, maybe, not likely but maybe. So let's see if I got that right, she hurts him physically, almost deadly and he somehow chases her down then hall and he is the abuser, OMG, REALLY?

Thanks Linda! :rocker:

Ok, I know the "backpack" incident and running up to the bathroom crying.

But the hair comment, is that for today? :seeya:

Wasn't it mentioned that she was taking makeup and cosmetics. Like she was going to Vegas not hiking? Miss drama queen had to have been emotionally exhausting to be around. All her drama all the time.

Maybe tonight is shower night, guess we'll find out in the morning.

She is stupid if she thinks looking worse as time goes on will help her case.

Hair should be good tomorrow. I think you're right. Shower night or morning and all will be better tomorrow. I'm so happy that NO ONE picked up (or decided to focus in on) her "snow white" attire Monday. FAIL to the DA's jab on that one.

moo

358oq4k.jpg

night!

I noticed once when Jodi was standing today that her blouse puckered a bit between the buttons at the chest. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but could someone have said something and she started wearing the jacket in reverse to hide the revealing gap? It seems crazy because a safety pin or even tape could close the blouse. Plus, it wasn't that revealing.

If the jacket is very low in front then it wouldn't conceal the blouse gap when worn correctly.

If she was just cold, why not wear the jacket the right way?

Probably just trying to get attention with bizarre behavior....

I wonder is she sees her self defense boat sailing away and is thinking mental illness/insanity is a better way? I find it odd that she's doodling away over there when she's on trial. Wasn't there another killer who used an insanity defense and all he did was color at his trial?

Good evening all. This is my first post and while I have lurked on this site for over 5 years, I finally felt compelled to register and comment on my experience as a DV survivor and why I am positive that jodi was in no way abused by Travis. I will try to keep this as brief as possible. I was married to my abuser. He was a good friend of my brothers and had been in and out of my parents’ house for years before we started dating. The time frame was late 70’s to mid 80’s. I was starting to get bad vibes about his controlling ways in our 2nd year of dating and tried to distance myself, he sabotaged my birth control several times and I found myself pregnant. We married, because that’s what you did back then. I endured broken bones, strangulation while my head was bashed into a concrete floor, beatings while pregnant with child #2, isolation, monitoring of my calls and my mileage tracked daily. He was careful never to mar my face so I could continue to work. I was doused in charcoal started while he flipped open and shut his zippo lighter. He told me how he would kill me, in detail. While in labor enroute to the hospital with baby #2 he told me he would take my son if I had a girl, because sons needed their fathers. He told me how he would take him. He did terrorize me. I left him for good the first and only time I saw him hurt my son. My kids were 4.5 and 6 months. We were all under an order of protection for 5 years. Still he followed and stalked me. Those are just some of the incidences. These were the days when the cops told the abuser to ‘go sleep somewhere else for the night’ and that was the end of that. I had a judge refuse to grant me a divorce because my ex wouldn’t cooperate and therefore the judge felt it was contested, even with hospital records and police reports. I was so fearful after getting my first apartment I slept in front of my door on the floor for the next two years. I would shower only during my lunch hour with a female co-worker present. I still have nightmares 25 years later, even though my ex husband died in 2000. That is what domestic violence is and what it does to a person. That is what emotional terrorism is. I take great offense to the defense team and ms alv’s assessment of poor jodi, so enraptured with Travis that despite how horrible he treated her she moved 1000+ miles to be closer to him because he guilted and controlled her and was still courting her. Nobody has ever abused that defendant. She killed Travis because he was DONE with her and finally had her number, realized her stalking behavior for what it was and he was through. She planned and executed Travis, no question, and ms laviolette should be ashamed of herself blindly defending the indefensible and throwing all true victims of domestic violence under the bus and then backing the bus over them again. I pray for the Alexander family and desperately want Justice for Travis and while initially I would have been happy for guilty and LWOP, I am so incensed that now I want the DP for her. If ms. alv’s reputation and career end up in shreds after this trial she need only look in the mirror if she wonders how it all went wrong. Sorry for this rant, but it has been building for days.
DV victims do not move 1000 miles to be closer to their abuser. DV victims do not spy on their aggressors. DV victims do not gleefully engage in sex acts and initiate said sex acts. DV victims do not pose or posture in incriminating positions or poses as you already have no power, you don’t make yourself more vulnerable. I hope I have made my point clear, just typing this out still upsets me over two decades later. That is what abuse does to you. Jodi abused – no way. Ms. LaViolette re-victimizing and twisting true victims’ stomach’s into knots – absolutely. Again, apologies for the lengthy post and I hope I haven’t broken any rules. My heart breaks for the Alexander family as they have to sit and witness their brothers’ execution of character and good name. Just deplorable.

You have been quoted a few times since you posted. Your pain and passion comes through like a beacon in the night.

Stay with us. Our Alexander family and us need you.

Ahhhhh---well that fog is the most useful thing any murderer could ever hope for. It must be replacing "I was so high on drugs, I don't remember"
Or the Twinkie Defense. Or "The devil made me do it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member