trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, I can't believe there are people out there harassing ALV. I think this woman is doing an awful job on the stand and she's extremely biased, but to try to ruin her professional and personal life? Some people need to get a life.

I know right! As she has shown ALV is perfectly capable of destroying her reputation and career on her own :great:

IMO, it's the DT stirring this up. They want a backlash cause they don't have anything else. They've been trying for misconduct since the beginning. They are manipulating the media, IMO.

That odd little duck from Florida who presided over the Anna Nicole Smith trial was on HLN last night (yes, I caved and watched a few minutes!) and he repeated something I've heard from other lawyer-friends: When the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. When the law is on your side, pound on the law. When neither the law nor the facts are on your side, you're left with nothing but pounding on the table."

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Looks like I missed my 11:00am estimated start time by 5 mins.. please forgive Wild. #JodiArias

Retweet
Favorite

1m
WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Everyone is coming back in the courtroom now. Let's get this going! #JodiArias

My problem with ALV is not so much her, in my opinion, incorrect assessment of the relationship between JA and TA but rather her performance as a expert witness. Testifying does not require histrionics such as telling the prosecutor that she would put him in a time out. Or sparring with the prosecutor as if it's a great theatrical part in a lifetime movie.

Ms. ALV would do herself a huge favor by simply answering the damn questions without all the slippery antics. She should as a ethical expert have no dog in this fight. And clearly she does. And that's my problem with Ms. ALV.

Generally speaking the universe tends to unfold as it should and will not hesitate to give you a giant swift kick in the butt should one need it. Meaning that you tend to reap what you sow.

And in the immortal words of Mr. Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that ....

With all this chaos of this trial I think it's a good idea to focus on the good things.

I am grateful that Lady Justice has given us the accidental photos of Travis being butchered. It's painful but will ensure that the person who did it will sit on death row.
I am grateful that we have Juan Martinez fighting for Justice. I don't think there is a better prosecutor out there.
I am grateful that thanks to the kindness and goodness of people (many of them from Websleuths) that Travis' loved ones are receiving support in many ways.
I am grateful that we are close to rebuttal.
I am grateful for Websleuths, all those who work hard to keep it running and all the members on here. It's much easier to deal with this trial with all of you around.

U nailed it Rose.
An attitude of Gratitude!

My son forgot his bat bag at school yesterday afternoon. I was in a rush to get home so not to miss this trial. If I didn't turn around and make him get that bat bag.. I would have been on the highway when I lost my brakes.

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

I am grateful my son is in school today.
I am grateful I bought that bat bag.

I am grateful I am here to post this.

Probably doesn't want the family to see them again...? I mean, maybe he could just hand ALV the photos and not put them up on the overhead but the DT would probably argue that they need to be up for everyone to see.

I'm not sure that would be a bad thing, even if it hurt the family. I think the jury needs to be reminded of why they're there.

That whole Jodi peeping thing .... Why didn't she knock on the door like a normal human being?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm....answer bbm.

Why would Jodi need to crawl through Nap's doggy door if she was always welcome? just sayin'.

Gave this some thought, I wonder if they contain sketches of the jurors ?

Considering there was no court on 1 April - who but Jodi would have had access to them ? She sure is having trouble in jail, hoarding pens, creams, photos, defending herself and now theft.

Alyce LaViolet:
"If you were in my group I'd ask you to take a time out, Mr Martinez."

Who the h#%* does she think she is? I just can't stop thinking about this statement.

I think that goes towards her unsophistication. She clearly lacks the ability to express herself effectively and fluidly. The fact that she kept saying 'I was looking at the bigger picture' instead of changing it up by saying 'in its entirety' or 'in its totality' just shows she's not that sharp.

In fact it's my belief she's only considered 'smart' because she was able to regurgitate the right answers on all her final exams and received a degree as her reward!! That doesn't mean, she's smart or 'gets it'. Just means she might've just had a very good memory.

Anyone working for this defense-team certainly resides at the bottom of the barrel in their respected fields that's for sure.

This Dwayne Cates defense atty on HLN is talking out of his arse. He said " there are no witnesses to the accusations Travis made about his tires being slashed or the doggy door. NBobody knows if his tires were ever really slashed. "

What an idiotic thing to say? If you don't know anything about this case, then stop going on tv to reveal your ignorance. :furious:

TA's sisters, ALV, JA are all back in judges chambers with Atty's this morning

HOW could you handle being within arm's reach of your brother's killer? That'd be a tough one.

(Pointing finger at JA) "And if you smile at me ONE MORE TIME in that courtroom....":furious:

KN should be admonished for the laughing, face he made, and stuck his tongue out he did yesterday when JM talked about Cameron Diaz and the spidey underwear, did anyone else catch that?

My problem with ALV is not so much her, in my opinion, incorrect assessment of the relationship between JA and TA but rather her performance as a expert witness. Testifying does not require histrionics such as telling the prosecutor that she would put him in a time out. Or sparring with the prosecutor as if it's a great theatrical part in a lifetime movie.

Ms. ALV would do herself a huge favor by simply answering the damn questions without all the slippery antics. She should as a ethical expert have no dog in this fight. And clearly she does. And that's my problem with Ms. ALV.

Generally speaking the universe tends to unfold as it should and will not hesitate to give you a giant swift kick in the butt should one need it. Meaning that you tend to reap what you sow.

And in the immortal words of Mr. Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that ....

::wild applause::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member