trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When JA is convicted of murder (yes, WHEN!), will Travis' family be able to sue anyone for defamation of character? JA, the defense, experts etc? They have dragged poor Travis' name through the mud, accusing him of some of the most heinous things - all to protect a murderer - without a lick of truth or proof to the accusations. I don't see how the trial could end and nobody has to pay for that.

what I hear from AVL is fairly simple and unimpeachable...

there has to be domestic violence because travis died a violent death...

this is the only reason she could possibly convince herself to take the case...she always goes by the "where there's smoke" philosophy.

so she can call it DV without any real evidence...

does that make sense or has my mind finally been twisted into a pretzel shape?

Both?

Anyone else as concerned as I am about this Computer Guy testifying again? I put nothing past the Defense, they would make up stuff if they know they can get away with it, we have ALL seen this in action. Do you think they are going to try and pull some Child *advertiser censored* thing with the computers or something? As far as AL is concerned, I don't feel sorry for her, she knew what could happen when she signed up to sit on that most sacred of spots, the Witness Stand and LIE. She gets what she deserves IMO.

:seeya: I am not concerned about this computer expert testifying again for the defense team because no doubt Mr. Martinez and the State's computer expert will prove them wrong !

Mr. Martinez already has a computer expert to his Rebuttal List ...

JMO, but I think Mr. M considered any and all possibilities of the DT re-calling someone ...

:great: Juan is always one-step ahead of the DT :great:

Anyone else as concerned as I am about this Computer Guy testifying again? I put nothing past the Defense, they would make up stuff if they know they can get away with it, we have ALL seen this in action. Do you think they are going to try and pull some Child *advertiser censored* thing with the computers or something? As far as AL is concerned, I don't feel sorry for her, she knew what could happen when she signed up to sit on that most sacred of spots, the Witness Stand and LIE. She gets what she deserves IMO.

If it is true that the next witness is a IT person I think they will be there to muddy the waters. Just another example of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

The DT wants to keep the victim and the autopsy photos and ME testimony as far on the back burner as they can. That is why we have had weeks of testimony about sex, pop rocks, domestic abuse, and fognesia. Diversion tactics.

I called ALV "nasty" for using the word "porking". Was that bad? :)

Seriously though, even when I consider the possibility that she really did fall under JA's spell and somehow believes what she is saying under oath, I still can't wrap my head around her behavior on the stand. She is an expert witness with considerable experience. She knows JM is allowed to ask leading questions on cross. She knows she is supposed to answer them as such - and can expand and clarify those answers on re-direct. She knows that respect for the judge, and the entire court process is expected and she knows what is considered contempt of it.

IMO, Her behavior just flies in the face of her "doing the right thing" even if she truly THINKS JA was abused.

I'd like a bit of clarification re what's disparaging too. That said, I just went back and viewed my old posts and a few of them I realised needed to go.

To see all your posts, click on your user ID (top right) > Statistics > Find all posts by you. Messages you can't delete you can hit the little red triangle in the top right corner. Self-reporting is so 2013 ;)

I will do that the moment one of the mods defines "disparaging" for me. PLEASE - I know you are busy but before the trail starts could you please give us this? Otherwise I'm just going to stop posting about the witnesses because I can't be without my WS on a trial day!

Right but for example: I think ALV is unprofessional on the stand.

Is a negative remark. Is that not allowed?

I don't see that as negative. You're simply stating the truth. Elaborating on it would negative IMO. :)

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m
Now don't hold me to this but word going around is that Alyce will not be here today so trial might not happen. #JodiArias

if this case had gone to trial in a timely manner, without all the delays by the DT, they COULD have made a field trip to TA's house.

but it's been 5 years. i read somewhere the owners have done extensive renovations. so it wouldn't be the same as it was that day. i'm sure the DT would scream their heads off about it anyway, but this really is a good reason not to do it, if true.

Here, here, I totally agree with you. But, take it from someone who's been there (me:blushing:), you don't give Domestic/Family/Intimate Partner Violence trainings to Law Enforcement without having a very tough skin. Only with those trainings you are in the boiling pot for a few hours not days and days. I could hear her frustration yesterday when she kept saying she was only brought on to evaluate whether or not see saw signs of domestic violence. Why it got so personal for her is beyond me.

But ALV also made a personal expert judgement ( :furious: ) on Travis, and

people that were associated with Travis by simply reading a few texts. She

"extrapolated" quite a lot all in favor of Arias. Clearly shows bias. Also, why

didn't the titles of books and magazine she gifted Jodi come out?
never

Now don't hold me to this but word going around is that Alyce will not be here today so trial might not happen. #JodiArias

If this is true then she should be accountable for wasting everyone's time.

So rumor is Laviolette bailed today huh? They need to move on to the next witness then and go back to AV. This is ridiculous holding this trial up because of that woman.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Ugh!

Oh no...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member