trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #136

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere at the very beginning of this case the amount of money it takes for ONE hour of court. By that, I mean the cost of the court room, judge, all the bailiffs, court reporters, and the minutia it takes to run a courtroom. Does anyone remember that figure, or that article?
The cost that is right this moment being wasted, but still charged to the good folks of AZ.

This is part of the court process, it's not "being wasted."

My guess is that either side is fighting like hell to keep out a particular juror question.

I lost a long post for Chelly and the other WS wanting info on attending court. I will PM her later today when the board calms down.

Thank you. Appreciate it. Ohhhh we are back

O/T

I am making dinner from a recipe on the WS Recipe Trial Thread. If it sucks, my son will never allow me to come here again. If it's awesome, he will cut me some JA Trial slack. :praying: Sherry Chicken Casserole. It better be good! :floorlaugh:

That is good! I make that one, and even added it to the family cookbook I made for my daughter.

The defense is just stalling so they have a recess to have more time to prep ALV. Those questions must be doozies!

tumblr_ly7ccaY3zT1qigfjto1_400.gif

"Stop poking your pen into my club house! I'm trying to watch the trial in here! Did Jodi wash her hair during lunch? it looks different somehow"

"Stop poking your pen into my club how house dangit!"

everyone's out of chambers. think judge sherry could maybe get this going and keep it going until quittin' time?

which is a mere hour and 40 minutes away?

BBM
Why not pass by the silly posts and not the interesting ones then?
Without the more lighthearted posts I don't know that I would be able to read here very much, it would just be too depressing. MOO

Right? If a post does not interest me I just scroll on past it..No biggie :)

I think you have slightly misread/misinterpreted my post.

I preceded my description of Arias/LaViolette's 'image' of Arias as 'teeny tiny' with the words, 'The Fantasy', (e.g just part of the fairy story Arias has crafted about herself and the murder, with the partial help of LaViolette).

I also clearly stated 'There is no evidence whatsoever that any closet interlude occurred'.

If you re-read I hope you'll see what I mean. It was kind of long and convoluted compared to what I originally set out to say, so no problem from my POV except I'm sorry if I confused you or you mistook me for an Arias apologist of some kind.

trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135 - Page 56 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
You did that so well. Really. That same thing happened to me last night, and I didn't handle it with nearly as much grace as you. I will do better. Thanks

Finally! I was hoping when I posted that she would call it a day, they would be back! :)

Arizona: http://www.azleg.state.az.us/const/2/2_1.htm

2.1. Victims' bill of rights

Section 2.1. (A) To preserve and protect victims' rights to justice and due process, a victim of crime has a right:

1. To be treated with fairness, respect, and dignity, and to be free from intimidation, harassment, or abuse, throughout the criminal justice process.

2. To be informed, upon request, when the accused or convicted person is released from custody or has escaped.

3. To be present at and, upon request, to be informed of all criminal proceedings where the defendant has the right to be present.

4. To be heard at any proceeding involving a post-arrest release decision, a negotiated plea, and sentencing.

5. To refuse an interview, deposition, or other discovery request by the defendant, the defendant's attorney, or other person acting on behalf of the defendant.

6. To confer with the prosecution, after the crime against the victim has been charged, before trial or before any disposition of the case and to be informed of the disposition.

7. To read pre-sentence reports relating to the crime against the victim when they are available to the defendant.

8. To receive prompt restitution from the person or persons convicted of the criminal conduct that caused the victim's loss or injury.

9. To be heard at any proceeding when any post-conviction release from confinement is being considered.

10. To a speedy trial or disposition and prompt and final conclusion of the case after the conviction and sentence.

11. To have all rules governing criminal procedure and the admissibility of evidence in all criminal proceedings protect victims' rights and to have these rules be subject to amendment or repeal by the legislature to ensure the protection of these rights.

12. To be informed of victims' constitutional rights.

(B) A victim's exercise of any right granted by this section shall not be grounds for dismissing any criminal proceeding or setting aside any conviction or sentence.

(C) "Victim" means a person against whom the criminal offense has been committed or, if the person is killed or incapacitated, the person's spouse, parent, child or other lawful representative, except if the person is in custody for an offense or is the accused.

(D) The legislature, or the people by initiative or referendum, have the authority to enact substantive and procedural laws to define, implement, preserve and protect the rights guaranteed to victims by this section, including the authority to extend any of these rights to juvenile proceedings.

(E) The enumeration in the constitution of certain rights for victims shall not be construed to deny or disparage others granted by the legislature or retained by victims.

So I think we can all assume the jury didn't react well to the latest witness according to the DT. Maybe the questions were so bad Nurmi is trying to have all the jurors thrown off. Please let this be questions and not another delay..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom