trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #136

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the THs on HLN saying that everyone is in chambers, cutting down on the repetitive questions to save time. That makes no sense. They have wasted an hour already doing so. They could have asked and answered them all already.

fun-funny-grapes-humor-icon-stupids-Favim.com-41009.jpg

Grapes of Wrath​

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I am not anywhere near ALV's age but I also adhere to the old adage that what is done behind closed doors should remain behind those doors. I don't think it's a generation thing I think it's just a personal philosophy that some people take. My sex life with my husband is our business well save for fertility doctors. But that's a completely different story ....

ITA---also good luck with infertility docs...been there done that (I even fudged a few times on some of the how oftens :blushing:)---I did eventually have kids (9.5 years later--red sports car=fertility car) given 1% chance--twins at that Its hard tho--and thoughts and prayers!

I wish Nurmi wouldn't keep coming up with reasons to delay the inevitable. And if Jodi has made another one of her inane complaints about whatever she can use to cause an upset then they should know that annoying the jury is not a great move.

Since the jury questions are a referendum on how well the Defense is doing, I am wondering if they are not favorable to them, Nurmi will be asking for a Mistrial everyday. Also if he will step up his quest to remove jurors. Just wondering.

Two other good reads by Ann Rule are Dead by Sunset and Every Breath You Take. Both are about violent abusive men. Both thought they were above everyone else and don't question them. They are sorry bastards and need killing.

Do any of y'all remember the woman found dead shot in the head and stabbed to death and left dying with her two year old quads all alone?

Yes Yes YES!! In FL, her ex-husband had contracted her killing...horrific! I was stationed in San Antonio, when he was finally arrested.

And how sad to know that your mother had sex with a serial killer.

Ewww...good point! Not a family history to be proud of. Hope daughter doesn't get any bad genes from dad. Scary stuff. Why is this allowed in prison? Didn't someone say earlier that they thought prison is supposed to be punishment?

It was horrible. My friend's husband kicked her to the curb only after a few months of letter writing. I know someone (acquaintance type of person)
whose dad is in prison for life and has been married 4 times while being in prison. The world is full of crazies. At least you know where your partner is and basically what they are doing when involved with an inmate. kind of like George on Seinfeld when he had an inmate girlfriend.

BBM..

Seriously married 4 times IN PRISON?

I'm even more disheartened now I can't manage to be married once out of prison.. apparently I've got a crime spree ahead of me :blushing:

:floorlaugh:

I'm curious about this:

This so-called secret life of TA that ALv testified to, that made him so fearful of being found out, and caused him to rage -- is that "secret life" the same as an adulterer, or a woman trying to hide an abortion, or a person who is living in the US illegally, or functioning illiterate (who I have worked with in the past) who feels shame. Everyone, I believe has/has had reason for hiding something.

This secret life argument is pissing me off.

I wasn't listening/watching testimony, but my take on the "secret life" comment relates to JW's opening remark about "Jodi being Travis' dirty little secret". She will undoubtedly repeat that line in her closing statement with the additional qualifier from ALV that "Travis had a secret life". :moo:

I see the THs on HLN saying that everyone is in chambers, cutting down on the repetitive questions to save time. That makes no sense. They have wasted an hour already doing so. They could have asked and answered them all already.

Word.

It's supposedly unique to Arizona due to its "Victim's Rights" bill. I agree with you though, as much as my heart breaks for them, or any victim's family, they shouldn't be involved in this phase of a trial.

I'm no expert but I don't believe it's unique to AZ. I think most states have Victim's bills of rights, varying degrees, some much better for victims than others and they are just that....rights... the victims (or families in this case) can choose to exercise the rights --or not. So the Alexander family could opt not to go back into chambers, I believe. But it appears they are choosing to. IMO.

Yes I remember the case, I think it was Bilush or something along those lines. Ex-h hired two men to go to Florida and kill her.

Sad, I always wonder about the two older girls who were the stepchildren of the new husband. I had heard they had a hard time after.

Kelly

I love Ann Rule. It would take 3 Ann Rules to untangle this mess, she would probably need that one guy who tries to solve cold cases with the help of that serial killer. That's it.

Let' s see....Travis is horrible, a pedophile, likes a hairless you know what, spidey undies and jodi is not a liar because she did not come up with a good lie.

Oh, and alyce made a a lot of mistakes, but ya know, that don't matter at all in context!

So, I gather it was the same ole defense garbage as yesterday? :floorlaugh:

I will skip this mornings testimony. Thanks for the warning. On to the Jury Questions!! Yippee!

I am going nuts here people..lets move this along!!

Why tell the jury to be ready at 1:15 p.m. if they are going to be late? This happens everyday, sometimes more than once a day! Don't tell me this in chambers thing is always a last minute thing every day!

Only 2 hours and 20 minutes left in the court day and we've only had 50 minutes of testimony. Those poor jurors.

It is sad, it sure is being dragged out. If JW could have a least finished with AV yesterday, they could have a least started with the juror questions today. The jurors must really find it frustrating when they are told a time they will be called in or back in when asked to leave the courtroom. I loved the other day when she said you will be called back in 3 minutes....lol.:what::moo:

Come on now... can we please get on with it? Can you imagine the undo stress and pressure financially this is placing on Travis family. I am so tired of this so called 'schedule'!
EXCELLENT POST. If a trial can be proven to have needlessly been drug out, the victims should be allowed to seek restitution for their time and expenses.
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member