trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree it is frustrating, however, this is a DP case and the Judge does NOT want any appellate issues.

MOO

Yeah I understand that's why she does it...just hate every single day Nurmi is looking for a reason to file for a mistrial

Remain calm, it's STILL on the table.

:twocents:I add: this makes it worse for her as the premed has pretty much been proven.....: this means she had the weapon HIDDEN for a surprise attack (note timing between stipulation photo and one that hits the sky) :wink:

no wonder Arias looked like she lost her bff during the stipulation: last hold on the ninjas.:twocents:

Judge states at end of morning hearing that they will be back at 1:15p for a closed hearing with ALV......watch video

Could premeditation also be considered when a perp picks up another weapon? Doesn't matter if shot or knife attack came first. She chose to continue attack with another weapon.

Plus all the other evidence of Premeditation that has been discussed above.

yes....

OH MY! The stipulation! There goes my theory down the drain!

Premeditation may be off the table now!!!!

Pfffft!!! Really? Lol
We have lots of stuff pointing to premed!!
Or we're you kidding?

I doubt the state will make anything of the tweet/twitter garbage but Dononvan was more candid in this segment Judge Jeanine had on her show Sat. night. So, for what it is worth ..............
Enjoy the show............. (will try to edit commercials out but for now, my usual fast forward, overshoot, rewind and give up! LOL)
(CAYLEE FOLKS - warning LKB is in the video!) :banghead: even for the state she still causes me a negative reaction!

http://youtu.be/b6VftLnSgRg

Could premeditation also be considered when a perp picks up another weapon? Doesn't matter if shot or knife attack came first. She chose to continue attack with another weapon.

Plus all the other evidence of Premeditation that has been discussed above.

Yes, and at any time during the commission of the murder when she continues to inflict injuries to Travis. Slashing his throat definitely killed him. Then she dragged his body back to the shower and shot him in the head. There are so many times she could have stopped, however CHOSE NOT TO.

MOO

He looks distressed in that picture, IMO JA has already stabbed him at least once.

I think he looks shocked and distressed. Poor Travis. Not sure if JA had launched her attack at that time.

I cannot look at that picture because in that picture Travis looks like my son.

IIRC the judge told ALV on Friday that Tuesday she is to be at court to "finish her testimony". ?

good point and if iirc there was an additional bunch of juror questions. This could be what it is for tomorrow.

IMHO what the defense did today was expose their sheer desperation. They are in the final stretch of their "case in chief", so essentially they just threw everything against the wall hoping something...anything would stick. Unfortunately for the DT nothing stuck, and the stipulation was an epic failure because it is a non-issue to the states case as I see it.

They can see the writing on the wall by the questions the jury has asked... they ain't buyin' the DT's *****!

It's ok lol.

I figured out now that i'm listening to today.

The DT is just beyond desperation now- to me they are just trying to say Jodi did not lie this time. Yeah right!

Like Juan said: "It's a waste of everyone's time". :rocker:

:waitasec: Why would premeditation be off the table???

Premeditation can be formed in the blink of an eye.
The time it takes the defendant to stop taking the photo with camera in hand to pick up the knife and start stabbing him is long enough.

Although we know it started in at the very least the end of May by stealing her grandfather's .25 caliber.

Really?

How long does it take a camera to take a pic? Not even 1/2 a second?

How long it it take Jodi to kill Travis? 62 seconds?

That "enhanced retina" is just millisecond. She still could've had the gun on her.

Ah, ElleElle it's good to see you see that the stipulation is really neither here nor there, it does nothing to diminish the state's case. I was worried for a minute there earlier when you though pre-meditation might be out the door with the stipulation.

Nurmi: "This isn't 2nd grade, this is a court of law and should be treated as such"

All I could think is that's real rich coming from the court jester!

Hi, haven't posted much since Kyron's case a few years back. But....I've been listening to the trial at work and reading everyone's posts for 2 (long) months. I can't help it, try to quit but can't! :Blushing: And I adore everyone's observations and hilarity during this looooooooong process.

I had to laugh at this remark about 2nd grade. All I could think about was Travis "telling" Jodi she holds a camera like a 5 year old (murder worthy words, right? LOL), and Nurmi basically telling Juan he's conducting court like an 8 year old. Who thinks Jodi inspired that snark towards Juan?

Ridiculous.

Oh wow, one of the lawyers just unleashed on NG has made some interesting cosmetic surgery choices.

Nurmi: "This isn't 2nd grade, this is a court of law and should be treated as such"

All I could think is that's real rich coming from the court jester!

I'll say what I need to say about that (in my best Forrest Gump voice), after the trial is over. I don't want to violate the TOS here, because I understand them. But after trial? FAIR GAME. Within reason of course, right mods? Always with a modicum of decorum.....but we can let loose a little.....right? :fence:

Until then :silenced:

BBM~ Why?

we don't know.

If they were smart they would have rested on that stipulation... they did not (note I am not saying they are not smart only that if I were them I would have rested on that stipulation to the jury)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member