trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK the media is making me :floorlaugh: They keep putting up the eyeball with the scribbles written on it and they seemed put off by the whole thing too. Not worried. Honestly the other eyeball shows me Jodi with her braids, camera at her face with the flash going off, with her big gigantic mouth wide open screaming at him. It's just another thing Nurmi can not use (even though he will try) for an appeal as if he did not get a chance to show this evidence to the jury.

Personally I think Juan should continue to move on shutting down Jodi from Twittering her Twatter from Jail. :twocents: He was so right when he said Jodi is discussing testimony outside of court which is not allowed and is one thing they are putting on the defense in their misconduct trials. Go for it Juan. Please go after it.

I am glad that he also got the killer the heck away from that poor family. That was just CRUEL. Watching the family suffer, Samantha cry like that. Broke my heart and ticked me off so bad. :furious: Unacceptable!

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. The start of the rebuttal trial. The ONE episode of this trial I have been waiting for. It's going to be amazing.

2iqj34j.png

Oh! Now I see! No gun!

Attachments

• reflection.jpg
    reflection.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 115
gonna call it a day. I'm glad it's one more day closer to justice for Travis. Closer to putting less pennies in the kettle too.

Much love to Beantown tonight.

:seeya:

Jodi writing something would hold as much water as a spaghetti strainer! I think Jodi may have kept correspondence from ALV ....or more books...or something that would prove ALV did something inappropriate or ...just lied about their previous contact.

That was a jury questions or a Juan question, wasn't it? Whether she had any additional contact with Jodi? I think it was a jury question (they sure don't trust her!)

Oh wow, one of the lawyers just unleashed on NG has made some interesting cosmetic surgery choices.

NG has had cosmetic surgery, what difference does that make??? I wonder why the lawyer said anything about it. Most people in the public eye, I would assumed have had nip and tuck.

Is ALV done on the stand? I'm thinking she did something VERY wrong. I just get the feeling by the way the Judge talked to her on Friday she's in big trouble.

BBM~ Why?

why if I were the defense would I rest on that stipulation to the jury (my opinion only:twocents:):

they got what they wanted: Jodi wasn't holding a weapon in the photo (last alive photo)

If they try to bring MM on the stand they will be O B L I T E R A T E D.

and what else do they have after this?

Putting Arias on the stand was their biggest mistake imhoo:twocents:

I'm not worried about the stipulation. So it states she did not have the gun or knife in her hand does not mean she did not have it anywhere on her or behind her on the sink placing it there when he wasn't looking.

Besides making the DT look desperate I think it made the jury more aware of that picture and what Travis is really seeing when he looked out his shower. DT needs to rest their case they pulled all their tricks out their hat time to let justice take over. I will loss faith in everything if they do not at the very least hand her a LWOP sentence.

we don't know.

If they were smart they would have rested on that stipulation... they did not (note I am not saying they are not smart only that if I were them I would have rested on that stipulation to the jury)

NG jumped the ball. She had a banner up that said "Prosecution Starts Rebuttal Case" as in, stay tuned we're even going to show you some of it today. Boy, this has been a frustrating, and tragic day all the way around.

So was I ! :skip:

My iPhone stream was crap @ work today and I am watching today's court.

I guess I just :panic:

It's all good.

Ah, ElleElle it's good to see you see that the stipulation is really neither here nor there, it does nothing to diminish the state's case. I was worried for a minute there earlier when you though pre-meditation might be out the door with the stipulation.

NG has had cosmetic surgery, what difference does that make??? I wonder why the lawyer said anything about it. Most people in the public eye, I would assumed have had nip and tuck.

No, you're right, most people on TV do and it makes sense when your face is your business. It's just that sometimes the results are, well, um, interesting.

Could premeditation also be considered when a perp picks up another weapon? Doesn't matter if shot or knife attack came first. She chose to continue attack with another weapon.

Plus all the other evidence of Premeditation that has been discussed above.

The main operative words as I understand the statute in the AZ definition of Premeditation is Knowledge (Intent), and Reflection of that Knowledge.

According to AZ jury instruction:
Pr-meditation means intent or knowledge to kill another human being.

"Premeditation" means that the defendant intended to kill another human being or knew [he] [she] would kill another human being, and after forming that intent or knowledge, reflected on the decision before killing. It is this reflection, regardless of the length of time in which it occurs, that distinguishes first-degree murder and second-degree murder. An act is not done with premeditation if it is the instant effect of a sudden quarrel or heat of passion. [The time needed for reflection is not necessarily prolonged, and the space of time between the intent or knowledge to kill and the act of killing may be very short.] pg PDF 74

"Intentionally" or "With Intent To" Defined: means that a defendant's objective is to cause that result or to engage in that conduct.

Intent - Inference
Intent may be inferred from all the facts and circumstances disclosed by the evidence. It need not be established exclusively by direct sensory proof. The existence of intent is one of the questions of fact for your determination.

"Knew" or "Knowingly" Defined: means that a defendant acts with awareness
of, or belief in, the existence of conduct or circumstances constituting an offense. It does not mean that a defendant must have known the conduct is forbidden by law.

REVISED ARIZONA JURY INSTRUCTIONS (CRIMINAL) Third Edition 2011

http://www.azbar.org/media/292098/2011_cumulative_supplement.pdf

I almost feel that listening to interview between Juan and Dr. Samuels, makes them wish his was back on the stand. lol.

Thank you for your prayers. Heard from my son 20 mins ago and they are all fine in Boston. Just waiting to see if the teachers decide to try to fly home early or make the best of things for the rest of the week with the kids now that all the plans are up in the air. So relieved words can not express right now. I take it I did not miss a lot of anything today?

Dr. Drew is discussing the trial...off and on along with the tragedy in Boston.

I would love to wager that it was something much bigger. Falsies on her CV ??? Something was weird about her Masters graduation date. Maybe she's an anti-DP activist and is not allowed to testify because she's trying to further her political views? ..... that sounds pretty weird, I dunno, something is up!

I agree. I'm thinking the State caught her in another lie, just as Juan did with the whole "how many Criminal cases have you testified for the men etc..." I am like a dog with a bone over this lady! I actually get a visceral reaction when I look at her. Something's up with me. HA! Now I'm going to go wish her into a cornfield. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member