trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously! They're the most hypocritical bunch I've ever encountered!

Remember when Nurmi filed for Mistrial #1,543, citing the defendant's journals and her parents on the interrogation were being run "ad nauseum" on the air?

Right, the seemingly 40 days and 40 nights he had her on direct recounting every sexual encounter she'd ever had, dreamed of, wrote about or recorded ...?

Or when Nurmi objected because Juanderful was going to talk about the defendant's history of an*l sex with other men. I remember asking myself, did the defense object to an*l sex? That's a first!!

They behave like petulant children.

I couldn't agree more, AMEN!

Thank you for your prayers. Heard from my son 20 mins ago and they are all fine in Boston. Just waiting to see if the teachers decide to try to fly home early or make the best of things for the rest of the week with the kids now that all the plans are up in the air. So relieved words can not express right now. I take it I did not miss a lot of anything today?

:jumping: That is fantastic! I know you are going to have the best sleep of your life tonight.

why if I were the defense would I rest on that stipulation to the jury (my opinion only:twocents:):

they got what they wanted: Jodi wasn't holding a weapon in the photo (last alive photo)

If they try to bring MM on the stand they will be O B L I T E R A T E D.

and what else do they have after this?

Putting Arias on the stand was their biggest mistake imhoo:twocents:

Just want to say that it's possible JA insisted on taking the stand against the advice of the DT. She has lived her adult life conning people, drawing them in (I'd use stronger language if I could LOL), and I think she thought she'd play the same con game on this jury.

My favorite quote of the today hearing on misconduct comes from DT, Mr. Nurmi when he said, "The great one" in referencing Jm. He said it dripping with sarcasm but it was funny hearing him say it!
and of course my favorite JM moment when he was talking about the DT "wasting time" with all these motions for mistrial and he said that it wasn't a waste of time for the DT cause they would be able to add a few more pennies to their "kennel"..not sure what he said or meant..but that was a direct "BURN" on them dragging this trial out to make more money..hahahaha...
Overall...today was a big day for the trial process. The judge ruled rightly so and shut down the DT and their motions to get a mistrial and continue to drag this trial out.

pennies to their kettle :)

Calling it a night here, Sleuthers :) Stay safe and have a good night. Not sure about the rest of you, but for some reason today has wiped me out. Boston and this trial.... I need to get some good sleep and recharge for tomorrow....Keeping you all in my prayers! Nite! :)

OMG, great sleuthing!!

Whatever it is, I think it's gonna be big.:what:

I don't think it will be unsealed, even after the verdict. The hearing is obviously sealed because ALV has received threats about her testimony, so the court has an interest in sealing it to prevent further intimidation of a witness. That won't change after the trial, she'll still be a potential witness for appeals.

OMG sociopaths and psychopaths are different now on Dr Drew .. WOW.

ASPD??????

No wonder these ideas continue to have life.

OK so they're saying sociopaths are the corporate types, and psychopaths are the ones in prison, is that their idea in a nutshell?

My favorite quote of the today hearing on misconduct comes from DT, Mr. Nurmi when he said, "The great one" in referencing Jm. He said it dripping with sarcasm but it was funny hearing him say it!
and of course my favorite JM moment when he was talking about the DT "wasting time" with all these motions for mistrial and he said that it wasn't a waste of time for the DT cause they would be able to add a few more pennies to their "kennel"..not sure what he said or meant..but that was a direct "BURN" on them dragging this trial out to make more money..hahahaha...
Overall...today was a big day for the trial process. The judge ruled rightly so and shut down the DT and their motions to get a mistrial and continue to drag this trial out.

BBM
I believe he said "pennies to the kettle" think of the Salvation Army kettles during the holidays. :floorlaugh:

BBM
I believe he said "pennies to the kettle" think of the Salvation Army kettles during the holidays. :floorlaugh:

ty..JM voice kind of trailed off at the end..but either way it was a sweet burn on the DT....I love Willmott head jerk up when she heard that...hahahaha ITS MEERKAT TIME!

Just want to say that it's possible JA insisted on taking the stand against the advice of the DT. She has lived her adult life conning people, drawing them in (I'd use stronger language if I could LOL), and I think she thought she'd play the same con game on this jury.

I think with the defense they chose, she just about had to testify. They really couldn't explain the abuse and the self defense without her.

I'm glad she did because it's rare to get to hear from a genuine psychopath for days on end in a murder trial. Even though the nurmi managed to make it boring, cross was well worth waiting for.

Juan went as far as to say.."what was uncovered"

I'm dying to know....

I still think it has to do with her credentials to diagnose. And credentials to be an expert witness.:rocker:

Jodi could have been holding the knife between her teeth while looking down at the camera. She lifted her head and he saw. This could give her the much desired expression of distress from him. Then she took his last living photo.

Yes, I believe she would be quite interested in inciting fear AND photographing it. Remember when she remarked to Det Flores "That's such a nice picture of him."

She did want to represent herself.

(TB)

Nurmi is so jealous of JM. He was hamming it up as much as he could to try to get some of the rock star love.

ty..JM voice kind of trailed off at the end..but either way it was a sweet burn on the DT....I love Willmott head jerk up when she heard that...hahahaha ITS MEERKAT TIME!

Yeah, it was pretty darn good, I nearly spit the water out of my mouth on the keyboard at work when I heard him say that. Oh and my other favorite made me laugh out loud while listening on headphones at work like a nut was Nurmi saying "this isn't 2nd grade, this is a court of law and should be treated as such". Too funny considering who was saying it!

OMG sociopaths and psychopaths are different now on Dr Drew .. WOW.

ASPD??????

No wonder these ideas continue to have life.

OK so they're saying sociopaths are the corporate types, and psychopaths are the ones in prison, is that their idea in a nutshell?

In terms of semantics, I do think people use the term "psychopath" when someone with ASPD has a proclivity for violence and "sociopath" for someone with ASPD who is not. BUT you are dead on about him, as a mental health professional, not knowing or pointing out that the underlying condition is the same.

I agree that he is disrespectful. He also made a comment that her idea that the jury isnt watching the trial is 'fantasy'. Also, noticed that he tells her what to do a lot. JW seems to ask and wait for an answer. Nurmi seems a little jealous of JM's rockstar status.

I am jealous of JM's rockstar status! He is "Awesome! Totally Awesome" *said in in my best spicoli voice from "Fast Times at Ridgmont High"

lol, FourEyes posted earlier (joking) that maybe she had the knife between her teeth like a ninja chihuahua.

ejaHGGY.gif

Ninja chihuahua unmasked Gangnam Style​

good point and if iirc there was an additional bunch of juror questions. This could be what it is for tomorrow.

I am pretty sure court is done with ALV except for the other matter. On friday, at the end there was one juror question in the box after JW and JM had their turn. After that question, JW had not cross for it, and JM asked a few questions and court was over.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member