trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the "eye guy" said Travis had "a tear" in his eye in that pic, is that correct?

He'd either been stabbed prior to that pic being taken or had a weapon held on him and was told he was going to die - why else would he have a tear in his eye?

He said it was a basal tear which isn't a tear in the terms you and I think of them. It's the method in which the cornea is kept moist, this moisture is the same fluid as the tear, but not the result of crying.

So the "eye guy" said Travis had "a tear" in his eye in that pic, is that correct?

He'd either been stabbed prior to that pic being taken or had a weapon held on him and was told he was going to die - why else would he have a tear in his eye?

Basal tears help to keep the eye moist and are in the eye all the time as they keep the eye from drying out. They are not regular tears.

While his client sits there and colors. :floorlaugh:

They ought to just get out a coloring book and a box of crayola's for her at this point. I'm pretty sure crayons would be less dangerous should she be able to hide them in her shoes and stockpile them back in her cell anyway.

Thank you for your prayers. Heard from my son 20 mins ago and they are all fine in Boston. Just waiting to see if the teachers decide to try to fly home early or make the best of things for the rest of the week with the kids now that all the plans are up in the air. So relieved words can not express right now. I take it I did not miss a lot of anything today?

Thank the good Lord Weebles!!!! We've been really worried!

Jodi had two weapons for one of three reasons.
1) there was someone else there or
2) she wanted to create the illusion there was someone else there or
3) she used the gun just to 'hold him at bay' then used the knife because it was quieter. The gun really might've gone off accidentally in the struggle. Who knows.

4) She wanted to feel the thrill of stabbing him. Gun was backup.

no that is not an emotional tear.its called a basal tear

I think the State is picking and choosing what to go with as far as theories. I think the State feels the gun shot DID come first (just like I think they entertain the notion she might've had help). But because the ME testified that the knife wounds came first.......the State realized that was to their benefit and actually helps their case even though they might not 100% agree.

To the State, it doesn't matter which weapon came first because they know it was premeditated.

But for the Defense, it matters because Jodi incorporated this cockamamie panicked: 'gun-on-shelf' retrieval.

Jodi had two weapons for one of three reasons.
1) there was someone else there or
2) she wanted to create the illusion there was someone else there or
3) she used the gun just to 'hold him at bay' then used the knife because it was quieter. The gun really might've gone off accidentally in the struggle. Who knows.

I hope after Jodi gets convicted to death, she'll tell the real story.

In looking back through the court minutes it appears that the knife first theory provides another benefit to the state. It was argued that if the gun was first he didn't suffer as much thus taking away from the enhancements required for the DP

Is that why the defense couldn't rest today, only after ALV finishes her testimony?

I don't know why the defense did not rest today, but on fri the Judge was telling ALV to be in the court on the other matter which ALV is aware of.

My take is that she is done. She is actually in the court for this other matter. Possibly speaking to Sam. Pure speculation on what the matter is.

K

If she was holding a weapon in one hand and the camera in the other it would have to be the gun. If she was simply holding a knife on TA I don't think he would have just sat there and let her take the photo. He would immediately start trying to defend himself. A gun, on the other hand, is a different kind of threat. It might cause someone to become frozen with fear. Personally, I think she had the gun on her person and used it while he wasn't looking, to get the jump on him. Since she went there to kill him there would be no point in warning him in advance. IMO her plan began to go awry when the gunshot did not kill him and, for whatever reason, she was not able to shoot him again. That's when she went to get a knife to finish him off. In addition, I think her original plan was to shoot him in the shower so all the blood would go down the shower drain. She wanted to make sure she didn't get any of his blood on her to accidently take back to CA on her person or in her car. She thought she planned the perfect murder but, think again JA.

FWIW...I see a gun.

Basal tears help to keep the eye moist and are in the eye all the time as they keep the eye from drying out. They are not regular tears.

Exactly! And if one watches enough TV you know that Restasis is useful if you don't produce enough of your own tears. :floorlaugh:

I missed the afternoon nanosecond of court and just saw it on youtube.

So that's it for the DT? That was Nurmi's "coup de grace", a stipulation to something the prosecution never alleged? I'm underwhelmed... :floorlaugh:

Is that why the defense couldn't rest today, only after ALV finishes her testimony?

The DT didn't know until this afternoon whether their witness would testify or not. They argued about that for quite awhile, I would think.

I expect them to rest at the beginning of court tomorrow and then we'll start rebuttal.

I missed the afternoon nanosecond of court and just saw it on youtube.

So that's it for the DT? That was Nurmi's "coup de grace", a stipulation to something the prosecution never alleged? I'm underwhelmed... :floorlaugh:

Yeah, strange right? The big game changer was an blown up eyeball photo with a drawing of a chihuahua carrying a stick in it's mouth drawn over it.

Yeah, the knife is in his heart, not in Jodi's hand as per the eye pic guy.

He also has mucous running down his nose.

I don't know why the defense did not rest today, but on fri the Judge was telling ALV to be in the court on the other matter which ALV is aware of.

My take is that she is done. She is actually in the court for this other matter. Possibly speaking to Sam. Pure speculation on what the matter is.

K

ALV was not in court today. There was a meeting to decide how to proceed tomorrow when they finish up with her. She told the judge on Friday that she might have follow up tests on Tuesday and the judge told her she did not need to know her personal issues that she was to be in court on Tuesday. The Judge also told her to make "preparations" for Tuesday. We can take that for what it's worth. Unless they decided today not to proceed with her tomorrow we should see her first thing. The jury is of the opinion she will be there tomorrow and the judge did not tell them she had been excused so I'm guessing she will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C