trial day 48: REBUTTAL #146

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next motion:

Your honor, we file for a mistrial on the grounds that the rebuttal witness is smarter and prettier than our witnesses and defendant.

My educated guess would be that IF she is in the courtroom she will not be able to 'rebuke the rebuttal witness' in a cross of the direct of the rebuttal or whatever the technical legal terms are for this stuff LOL!

Ahhh yess see that IQ of mine burning in circles?

Sidenote an IQ is only as good as the information/knowledge you have.. it's kinda like the processor in your PC.. you may have a superfast processor but not enough programs or data stored where someone else may have a slower process but better programs & data stored therefore it provides better reporting... If that makes sense?

Don't get down on what your IQ is or isn't because there are alot of 'book smart' people out there that couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag because they are too busy analyzing approaches amount of force or identifying the weakest area of the bag where some of us say Hell with it.. Rip! ;)

JMO

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank U!

Slightly O/T...Now that we're on lunch break...quick question. Does anyone know how to have two tabs open on an ipad and move back and forth from watching the trial and web sleuths? Every time I switch it stops the live feed?

Any help is greatly appreciated...it's driving me batty!! Thnx! :)

Steelergirl...are you using Safari Browser? I found this youtube instructional on opening multiple active tabs on the iPad. Hope it helps.

[video=youtube;z91SLp6Lz-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z91SLp6Lz-U[/video]

Learn how using Tabs to open new pages in Safari (iOS 5) will make your iPad web browsing much more easy and efficient.

This lady had JA all figured out. All that lying on the tests to make all of the sections high but the correct three came out as the highest anyway.

JA is boiling mad but has to control her outward emotions and facial expressions. She has to be soo careful not to give us that 'blank dead look' that so many people spoke about. sooo. she is writing in her journal. It seems to calm her down but im pretty sure that she is writing down everything that this witness is saying! Everything!!! so that she can 'help' the DT strategize later.

It sounds like another doctor who evaluated her. I wonder why they decided not to call her or did the expert change her mind when she learned JA had based her answers on lies?

I believe Dr. Carp was the DT's first DV expert who became ill right around the "changing of the guards" (ATTY wise), and so withdrew from the case.
ALV was then obtained.

At the end of rebuttal, the defense may be allowed surrebuttal. Surrebuttal evidence is limited to responding to issues that were raised for the first time in the rebuttal case. It is not an opportunity for the defense to present their whole case again, or to open up the door to new issues.

In your opinion, would the narrow rules of a surrebuttal be enforced? Meaning, the defense would probably like to have the last word before closings and I can see JSS granting them that request even if Juan did not really introduce new issues in his rebuttal. Since JSS seems to rule on the side of caution for appeals. Also since the defense has gone outside the scope of relevant questioning when following up on juror questions.

Did that gibberish^^ make sense? I'm curious in part because I can't recall a trial where I've seen a surrebuttal and I imagine if Nurmi and Willmnott throw a tantrum they will not stop whining until they get whatever it is they're complaining about, whether there's legal merit to it or not.

FINALLY sanity prevails!! We have here a beautiful, articulate, UNBIASED scientist who is not going to freak out on cross examination.

She found Jodi to be disordered. I LOVE IT.

I know Jodi is highly agitated and rageful right now due to her little act of pretending that she wasn't even listening. We know that she was listening to each and every syllable since it was about her favorite subject--Jodi Arias.

I hope she has a hard time swallowing her peanut butter! Time to face up to your own psychological disorders and the cold blooded murder you committed, Jodi.

Great post!

BBM - That's the problem with people like JA; they don't walk in reality. They're so difficult to treat because it's always somebody else's fault. People like ALV (and oftentimes parents), who make excuses for their behavior, do them a great disservice. Like you pointed out, it irritates or enrages people like JA when somebody points out the ugly truth about them.

She can and I heard she was. That's gotta' sting!!!

In fact, I heard she was actually in the courtroom but I never saw a photo or video of her.

This DEmarte shows that while Ms. Laviolette is great in lecturing about domestic violence and conducting group therapy, she has no business evaluating anyone. Her business itself renders her supremely biased and she lacks the training or education to be able to conduct a valid assessment.

So we have a marriage and family counselor who lectures about domestic violence, counsels abusers and appears very, defensively biased against men, or towards viewing women as victims, and a Dr. who conducted shoddy, suspect testing, gifted books to his test subject, and was befuddled, defensive and disorganized, unable to provide raw data to back up his opinion, versus a collected, organized Ph.D., who can immediately provide the raw data to back up her opinion, whose training and education support her ability to evaluate the subject and whose testing protocols are clearly objective, and appropriate.

I wonder who wins?

Well I don't even see any evidence that Alyce is great at counseling or anything else professionally

ok I MUST jump in shower now if I don't want to miss after lunch testimony before i have to leave to get my neice from school (yes again this week too! ugh)!!

Slightly O/T...Now that we're on lunch break...quick question. Does anyone know how to have two tabs open on an ipad and move back and forth from watching the trial and web sleuths? Every time I switch it stops the live feed?

Any help is greatly appreciated...it's driving me batty!! Thnx! :)

Same problem here. Since my IQ is probably somewhere between those of a walnut and a coral, I'm resorting to reading WS on my iPhone and watching live stream on iPad. :groucho:

I would like to be a fly in JA's brain... I can't imagine what she must be thinking..."I'm doomed"..."I'm doomed"..."I'm doomed"..."I'm doomed"....I wonder...

She's having a light (and bitter) lunch consisting of her words: "No jury will ever convict me." :cow:

It seemed she is just about to testify that she has found Jodi to be a Sociopath, a brilliant mind with no conscience to guide it. She clearly did not find any PTSD, whatsoever, only manipulation and lies and false allegations....the things all murderers do to try to avoid being found guilty.

I'm so happy for the family right about now, and all of lifelong friends of Travis watching this trial from home who are likely high fiving and thanking Jesus for TRUTH , FINALLY!!!!:rocker::rocker:

Exactly. That's why we are all so happy today. Because now we can see what true communication looks like, and we no longer feel crazy.

ALV and Samuels were crazymakers, acting like others are not smart enough to realize they are not getting answers to the questions they are being asked. ALV much worse than Samuels though. I think ALV is a master at it.

The tremendous sigh of relief sent up by websleuths today because we all felt SANE again.

EXACTLY. And this witness comes across so intelligent, well-spoken, NONbiased, etc. etc. She brings a sense of reality to this courtroom and takes away from the circus-like atmosphere.

Truly a breath of fresh air as someone else says.

I am so impressed with the rebuttal so far...and it just started!! This witness has already made the DT expert witnesses look like complete incompetents. MOOO

If this is what he is pulling for the first witness, I can't wait to see what he's saving for last!

According to Dr. DeMarte, Jodi reported only four "incidents" of domestic violence to her, Dr. Samuels, and Alyce LaViolette, yet significantly more to Dr. Carp. Sounds like the defense instructed JA to dial it back for the purposes of the trial--perhaps in an attempt to make it somehow more believable to one or more of the jurors. The trashing of Travis and what she (Samuels and ALV) testified to was bad enough, but I can only imagine how much worse it could have been had she been able to go full bore with all her BS.

More "incidents" would also mean more to keep straight in terms of lies. She probably failed at this miserably and had to dial it down.

Is the afternoon session going to start at the usual 1:30ish AZ time today?? I missed most of the am session whilst babysitting. I am going to try to plan GSon's nap accordingly. TIA

Starting on time is rare. I usually plan on about 20 minutes late myself, yet I keep the live stream tab open so I can hear them when they start again.

Plus, I distinctly heard the judge tell attnys yesterday that Alyce LV would be in chambers today at 1:15pm.

That could have changed though.

To have an intelligent, respectful expert witness who when asked a yes or no question, answers with a yes or a no, period. :great:

With that ALV character JM would ask her the time and she'd tell him how to build a clock. :banghead:

GO JUAN:rocker:

GODSPEED TO JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS:please:

She is a perfect example of an expert witness. I could listen to her for hours. I know the glaring difference between her and ALV and RS is not lost on the jury.

Now after hearing how she performs her testing and scores it, Dr. Samuels seems 100 times more skeevy. He fills in her answers by hand? I think he even said he scored it by hand? Congrats to the defense on finding the most unprofessional expert witnesses ever. Nice job.

Great post!

BBM - That's the problem with people like JA; they don't walk in reality. They're so difficult to treat because it's always somebody else's fault. People like ALV (and oftentimes parents), who make excuses for their behavior, do them a great disservice. Like you pointed out, it irritates or enrages people like JA when somebody points out the ugly truth about them.

Alyce and Dr Samuels are two highly paid enablers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14