trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #148

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The comparative "leading objections" and "approaches" when JW is cross-examining vs. when JM is cross-examining should be real telling to this jury.

It shows Panic and fear in the defense team for their clown witnesses, whereas the prosecution's qualified and competent witnesses leave JM with absolutely nothing to worry about.

Seriously? This is the best you got? You gave her a test to see if she could read even though you already knew she could read?

Dr. D is beginning to look upset, probably from these ridiculous questions. She kind of looks mad and teary eye.

My experience with people of her profession is that they are people interested in healing and helping. Most are very put off by attorneys who fight just to fight. They typically hate the cross exam style of trying to trip the witness up. In light of that, Dr. D has hung in remarkably well. BTW, I am starting to look a little mad and teary eyed, too - grin!

OMG. Stop already! :please::please::banghead:

I wish Nurmi would of crossed.

Minor-

I think she's extraordinarily intelligent,very logic-based, and probably doesn't suffer fools gladly. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

I wouldn't want her to be my therapist necessarily, but as a witness I don't think her performance could be stronger or better. IMO, she rocks.

Most here at WS have above average IQs Jodi has an above average IQ...Most here at WS are NOTHING like Jodi. Thank goodness! :)

JM wrote down the questions . .. . we were talking about PTSD . . . he was taking notes -

you were showing him the test questions - copyrighted.
he is not practicing psychologist but you still shared copyrighted information with Atty
yes

part of the PDS test from Dr. Samuels - raw data
JA's answers
correct

the test is broken up into different parts
part 1 discuss traumatic events . . . asks you.......

(sorry missed a minute)

JA has a DSM4-TR next to her arm

whatever section you are referring to I would like to see it

marked #626
part 2 - questions on part 2 specifically ask about a trauma
yes

answer sheet room to briefly describe trauma event

exhibit #550 - ssee part 2 brief describe - assaulted/life threatened

according to what JA said TA assaulted her
on night of the killing
and told you her life was threatened
yes

further into the test - actual scoring part
you rescored Dr. Sams
right
scoring goes thru A,B,C,D

I am just talking about PDS test
ABC and D follow criteria in DSM - 4

four you are showing me yes
according this PDS test - JA meets criteria

according to the falsified traumatic event you are talking about

assaulted and her life was a threatened
by a stranger
make a different
absolutely

doesn't say stranger here - just said assaulted and life threatned
that is traumatic

if someone assaulted and life threatened by someone they know could be traumatic
some times it might not be traumatic

it cause a trauma
PDS test - scoring sheet - show same exhibit - symptom severity score - max is 51
if someone is exaggerating their symptoms - it is possible to get to 51. . . .
her score no where near 51

you didn't try to give this test yourself
correct

yesterday talked about triggering events
specifically related to what

something cause PTSD
yes specific event

triggering event not cause PTsd
triggering event - actual event not but something triggers the response

trigger event usually a trigger of something happened a reminder of the traumatic event

when PTSD diagnosed can come from multiple events
it can
or final event
right

that would be similar to soldiers coming home from war getting diagnosied with PTSD never physically harmed themselves . .. don't specifically discuss one event in a way

they will discuss many events - when they felt their life was in danger or heard of someone in danger it can trigger . . . associated with those events - trigger the fear response

MCMI = you did not give to JA
right

MCMI - tool measure long standing personality trait
correct
not a one time event
no

doesn't change over time - validity scales built into the test - to see if they are answering truthfully

no issues with regard to validity
within normal range
base range scores

exhibit #541 - Mcmi 3 profile - see some scores
anxiety - base rate is 75 - clinically significant - elevated in anxiety - yes

next highest PTSD - scale @ 69
while it doesn't hit 75 it is an elevated scale above normal - below clinical significant . . . 2 highest scales on MCMI - anxiety and PTSD
yes

2 more scales . . desirability
higher score 67 - to present self in overly desireable way . . . . ranking high wants to present self in a better way - they can minimize anxiety or Ptsd . . .not in this case - it didn't meet the threshold . .. it is not impacting her scores

it doesn't pass the thresh hold - throw it away
goal of validity scale - can we trust the test

high elevated on desirableity - doesn't meet the thresh hold

Borderline - base of 11
far below normal . . . below clinical significance just like all rest

you are trying to put a value on something . . .using the criteria in the manual - anything in the below 75 is not significant . . on this test it came up not significant

are you aware when McMI 3 scored . . .comes with a report
Dr. Samuels did not offer it to me

JW giving you what has been marked as
objection
approach

Jodi just flat out refuses to look at DeMarte. Why? She keeps her gaze focused on Wilmott, and won't even glance at DeMarte.

She has deep loathing for DeMarte... why?

DT trying to argue something the State never had access to??
Way to run an above board show Willmott.

The DT needs to go to the bullpen for a relief pitcher; problem is that Nurmi is the only one in the bullpen and hasn't pitched in awhile and JW is getting shelled by Dr. Demarte.

Triggering event! Bingo! My brother was murdered in his doorway. Even though, I WAS NOT THERE, I developed a fear of doorways and was home bound for over a month. That's when I sought help. I'm getting a better understanding of my PTSD! SHE is GOOD!

Sorry for the O/T Mods, but this is worth mentioning!

I got thrown out of the site for a few. What is the violation that Juan sited?

Hmmm wonder what JW wants to present? A test Juan doesn't want in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nycissa