trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #148

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
il_170x135.429400428_2b9k.jpg

images

The Golden Rule of trial: NEVER ask a question that you don't know the answer to. Apparently JW didn't get the note on this.... lol

Why didn't Willmont have a copy of the latest literature? Please don't tell me she relied on ALV?

Hand on hip like some mean girl in high school, Willmott asks the expert clinical psychologist if she's an expert on domestic violence. As you can imagine, Willmott sounds foolish and immature.

You're still young enough to change professions, Jennifer! You're just not cut out for the courtroom. You need voice lessons and speaking skills no matter what profession you go into. MOO

I looked up how old she is & found out she's my age (42)---does this mean I can still move to Phoenix & go to law school & work with Juan!? :great:

Jodi seems to be very itchy...scratching at her arms...her head...is there a lice outbreak in the jail? :)

I'd be willing to bet there is a lice outbreak in jail from time to time. I see Jodi scratching her head often and wonder the same thing. :what:

Okay, on the live feed, what's being shown now nearly brings us current.

Will they re-loop this video yet again?

When JW handed DD the score sheet for PTSD and JW asked her if this was the sheet Dr. Samuels provided to her she looked at it and looked puzzled and tried to say something but the question was already answered. She acted as if she saw something on the sheet that she had not seen before???

"Joe Wheeler Dixon, PhD, JD

Battered woman syndrome (BWS) was first proposed in the 1970's and was based solely upon the clinical observations of a single clinician, Dr. Lenore Walker. After she coined the term and published her hypotheses the concept quickly caught on. BWS became a popular way to justify criminal conduct of women who were charged with the murder of their husband. However, while the idea initially enjoyed success in some clinical circles and several legal jurisdictions, BWS was never empirically validated through scientific research as a bona fide condition, and therefore it has not enjoyed widespread support by psychologists who practice clinical and forensic psychology. For those women who are indeed chronically battered, they may more reliably and more correctly be diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
snip
to date there is insufficient empirical evidence to show that BWS per se meets the rigorous diagnostic criteria of psychology or psychiatry for a mental disorder. For instance, there is no reliable means to differentiate those women who merely claim a history of battering from those who have actually been battered.
snip
Doctors typically rely upon the patient's first party self-report when diagnosing clinical conditions. In the case of BWS, when some women are seeking to avoid criminal responsibility, it is extremely unwise for a doctor to reach what amounts to a legal conclusion of battering based solely upon the presenting complaints and history of one person. "

more:http://www.psychologyandlaw.com/BWS Essay .htm

Is this seriously the best Wilmott has to offer as a Defense counselor? Tearing up a very polished and professional expert and asking the same question 20 different ways?
"So you're not an expert in domestic violence"
"So, you wouldn't label yourself a domestic violence expert"
"So, domestic violence is not your expertise"
"So you don't call yourself an expert in domestic violence"

It's so friggin egregious-- it's repulsive!

I'm no fan of the DT, but I give JW a few points for today in their volley. She got this expert to say, "No, I would not call myself an expert...in DV." She pointed out that Demarte's borderline dx was unsubstantiated by the MCMI (?), and also said DD is using obsolete dx criteria for battered women. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But if I'm a juror, I would note those points.

But I would also say, "So what?". The defendant premeditated and slaughtered Travis. Who cares if she's borderline or has PTSD?

I wonder if she's immature--like Jodi smiling in the mug shot? Same thing?

LOL! I think JW shoulf be fitted with a stun belt by Nurmi. Each time she askes a stupid question or is corrected he just pushes the buzzer. Of course by now she would have been electrocuted.......and I mean that in a kind way-honest!

Also .... she has munchkin arms and as Jodie would say :"I hate to sound shallow" but for God's sake women get your damn sleeves to a tailor. Enough with the rolling up and looking like she is using them for gloves also.:twocents:

what in bloody heck is this crazy show! omigod...nurmi is laughing, jodi looks like all the bolts came loose and JW is just insipid and desperate....ewwwwwwwwww
:lol: :floorlaugh: :laughcry:

I'm no fan of the DT, but I give JW a few points for today in their volley. She got this expert to say, "No, I would not call myself an expert...in DV." She pointed out that Demarte's borderline dx was unsubstantiated by the MCMI (?), and also said DD is using obsolete dx criteria for battered women. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But if I'm a juror, I would note those points.

But I would also say, "So what?". The defendant premeditated and slaughtered Travis. Who cares if she's borderline or has PTSD?

The jury should know there was absolutely no DV as well.

Okay, okay...but her jacket is nice. (Come on, we have to give her something!)

:great: :great:

JW got Dr. DeMarte to admit yesterday that she had compassion for abused children.

Credit where credit is due...

I'd be willing to bet there is a lice outbreak in jail from time to time. I see Jodi scratching her head often and wonder the same thing. :what:

I don't believe inmates can shower every day so that may be her problem.

De Marte is just a mouthpiece of JM. Of coarse she hasn't done anything wrong....she hasn't done anything to solve the problem. If I suffered from depression she would be the last person I would see.

It sounds like she can afford to be choosy about who SHE wants to see. Just saying.

As for the rest. Oh my. I think she's done a LOT to help solve the problem, the problem as I see it being the goal of establishing beyond reasonable doubt that JA is guilty guilty guilty guilty of 1st degree murder.

Under Copyright law, there are exceptions such as Fair Use. I'm honestly shocked that JW, as a lawyer, would even try to make that argument. It's ridiculous!

It is, I agree. I wonder if JA gave these questions to JW to ask?

When AZ central were playing part of this morning back, I realised that sometimes when Dr D asks JW to rephrase a question she stutters. These questions aren't all her own so she doesn't know any other way to explain them.

De Marte is just a mouthpiece of JM. Of coarse she hasn't done anything wrong....she hasn't done anything to solve the problem. If I suffered from depression she would be the last person I would see.

I disagree

I looked up how old she is & found out she's my age (42)---does this mean I can still move to Phoenix & go to law school & work with Juan!? :great:

Yes you can go to law school. Never too old to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela