trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #148

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I don't think it is copyright infringement when you are using the tests for one of the reasons they were created, for law enforcement, and you share those tests with an officer of the court. She really is reaching.

Isn't "Snow White" copyrighted by Disney????????????

Wilmott is really insulting the intelligence of the jury and general population .. people who are not psychologists read peer reviewed articles and know how it works, members of the jury probably do too. They can also see straight through her messed up lines of questioning...

I still keep as much as I can and I have been retired for ever!!! so sheeeesh and I am still behind the 8-ball. Research and studies are at rapid speed these days no one can keep up.

JMHO

I am thinking JA pitched a biotch yesterday and they (jail or attorney) done put her on meds to keep her from exploding.

Gosh the strange looks she keeps giving Dr. D.

JA looks like she is out in space.

Apparently it's the ppl who recorded the vid of Travis telling his near-death experience to all his PPL buds while Jodi pretended to sleep/act bored (played on DrDrew)

Really? Are you sure?

New thread is open. Please move on over. This thread will close in about 20 minutes.

:star: :thewave: :star:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205825"]trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]​

:floorlaugh: He's BORED just like the rest of us having to listen to Willmott !

Maybe he could tweet some jokes ... he is hilarious :great:

:floorlaugh:

They have multiple twitter accounts for when they go over their limit of posting. He even states if he goes silent check the other accounts.

I like how the witness does not blah blah blah to questions. Straight to the point answers.

You win the prize - this is exactly what Ms. Wilmott is attempting to do. She is trying to rehabilitate ALV throught this young whippersnapper with "less than a decade of experience. See jury, the DT has the experienced know it all on DV in ALV with 35 years - this is just a young punk". This is the message Ms. Wimott is trying to convey, it just isn't going all that well at the moment.

Yep. Maybe JW is trying to appeal to her hoped for one -juror- who- is- going to- save JA. Guess at this point that juror would have to be:

1. female (JA creeps out the guys),

2. old or older AND resentful of younger women, just because

3. doesn't like smart people, just for the principal of the thing

4. expects expert witnesses to have photographic memory and to be able to tell them the name of every book and article experts have read in the past 10 years

5. forgetful themselves, though, enough so that details of prior experts' testimony doesn't stick around in memory

6. appreciative of sarcasm, snark and snits

7. able to look over at the frantically scribbling, detached JA and see her as a likable granddaughter

8. be a member of the Pinella 9, who moved to AZ thinking it was far enough away to escape

Under Copyright law, there are exceptions such as Fair Use. I'm honestly shocked that JW, as a lawyer, would even try to make that argument. It's ridiculous!

Jodi seems to be very itchy...scratching at her arms...her head...is there a lice outbreak in the jail? :)

imo the worst thing to do is challenge someone on what they know and what you only have an idea about. kinda like if you know how to change tires but have no knowledge about fixing brakes. how can you debate the mechanic? :moo:

p.s. it's clear jm has a better understanding of this topic through all his trials and can remember details unlike jw or nurmi. :moo::moo:

The Golden Rule of trial: NEVER ask a question that you don't know the answer to. Apparently JW didn't get the note on this.... lol

Not that I'm aware of. I'm guessing it's a no-no but a grey area? :jail:

RE: question about thanking a negative post concerning the defense team...

JMO, but hitting the thanks button is not consistent with actual posting. Sometimes I hit thanks just to "mark my spot", and most certainly along with agreeing with the post. LOL. :moo:

why does JW get to go past lunch time? JM was always cut-off

She didn't.

They actually recessed early.

For some reason, the court feed re-streamed the last several minutes of testimony.

Looks like they're not going to re-loop the video again.

Not right now, at least.

I have come to the revelation (as if I didn't already know) that she knows nothing about anything whatsoever. She is a horrible attorney. Horrible. She needs to choose another profession. Do-over!! Get a refund. I want to exchange this one.

Okay, okay...but her jacket is nice. (Come on, we have to give her something!)

:great: :great:

Hand on hip like some mean girl in high school, Willmott asks the expert clinical psychologist if she's an expert on domestic violence. As you can imagine, Willmott sounds foolish and immature.

You're still young enough to change professions, Jennifer! You're just not cut out for the courtroom. You need voice lessons and speaking skills no matter what profession you go into. MOO

Hi to you all!
First time poster in this thread, long time reader of your wonderful posts and please excuse me as English isn't my first language at all...I'm a portuguese woman reading from my own country so far away.
I've already tried to post but my skills aren't good enough as I see...
I'm a spinner and a knitter(retired now as I was a bank teller in my professional days) and I've been following this trial from the first day, I think.
When I listen to these DA speaking I loose control of my spinning wheel or knitting needles and my yarn takes a life of it's own.
How I whished to give a big hug and lots of kisses to Travis sibblings if I could!
I'm old enough to have been their mother as my only son is now 34 years old...
Sorry for these ramblings but I just felt the need to post this.
God bless you all websleuthers and keep the good job youre doing
Ana

Olá!! I knit while watching this trial, too! Welcome!

Isn't it ironic that willmott wanted to know exactly what Dr D charged the state, when they themselves sealed records of their own many, many experts total fees?
What an outright hypocritical question to ask.

wow.....
sometimes a lawyer can be a dr. also, but in this case..well somebody falls short in range of questions..

what amazes me is the wide range of things lawyers have to learn about in order to question witnesses about them. i've heard them do that and thought 'wow. they almost had to go to school just to learn this particular thing for this case and they really KNOW it.'

like with dr. vass's testimony in the CA case. that was COMPLICATED. and the lawyers knew it inside out.

JW couldn't even get through the discussion of DD's education and background because she doesn't UNDERSTAND it. really stunning, IMO.

Yesterday the young psychologist impressed me greatly.

Now after seeing her questioned by the defense, I'm even more convinced in her expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela