trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you "love" this? This is an attitude I have a hard time understanding. If Jodi had fulfilled her potential, and became a happy, healthy and successful person, then she wouldn't have killed a man. Wanting to see justice done is very different from gloating over a sad, failed life that took another life down with it. To me, this is something to cry, not laugh, about.

So you think that because she was miserable, she murdered a man? Please. So much sentimentality in that statement.

She's a sadistic psychopath, IMO. She has spent the entire trial following up on her plea threat to murder Travis' soul systematically and with great glee, sticking it to his family over and over again, knowing full well millions are watching.

I don't think her life is "sad" or "failed". She was never capable of a 'healthy, happy and successful" life. But she was capable of a life without sadistic murder in it. She chose.

I love that she's confronted with the reality of what could have been, in the figure of Dr DeMarte. Look at how she can't bear to look at her. It is not with sadness or with despair, but with utter jealousy and intense rage. This is the basic Jodi Arias and I'm a firm believer in schadenfreude in extreme cases. The one thing I could care less about is JA's feelings or the waste of her life. She is not a victim of anything. She chose. How about shedding a tear for Travis and all those who loved him?

Here's what I'm wondering. Does Arias get some kind of special treatment on the days she is to appear in court?
So sorry to doubt the killer being ill. lol

I don't get it? She was able to walk, talk, and carry stacks of papers, sat there and doodled all day. You mean to tell me she couldn't sit there for 2 hours

I claim and fully take ownership of having malice toward JA. Thanks to the rules of this forum, I have not typed many things I have thought. I respect this site, the owners, admins and mods more than I can say.
This site is victim friendly. We are required to follow the rules in order to participate. We are allowed to have differing opinions but we are only allowed to respond to the post, not the poster.
No one that runs this forum has ever even hinted at telling anyone what they should or shouldn't feel.
When it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and carps all over the place....it's a duck.
I have malice for JA. Had it yesterday. Will have it again tomorrow.
I have love and admiration for Travis Alexander and his family, loved ones and friends.
I don't like JA. I don't have any good vibes for her.

:gthanks:

I feel badly for JD having to sit through this. She's doing great though - there won't be one issue that JW can nail her on, so I fear JW will keep going until she feels she's had her "gotcha" moment. I don't see her giving up anytime soon.

JD is probably thinking to herself "I want to get back to my patients because my patients are LESS CRAZY then this woman questioning me" SCREAM

I loved it yesterday and I'll tell you why. We have spent weeks watching the utter anguish of Travis' loived ones have to hear their beloved, slauhghtered brother, nephew, friend, be trashed in the most disgusting, horrific ways - murdered twice in a sense - in one of the nastiest defenses I've heard in a long time. We have sat here for weeks and watched that murderer smirk and laugh and smile and toss her hair while she attempts to destroy the memory of a man who can no longer defend himself. We have sat for weeks watching jodi arias enjoy every last moment of it and every last moment of the pain it is causing Travis' family.

The cruelty of that, the inhumanity of that is something I will not forget. It causes anger and it causes a desire to see the source of the pain pay for what she has done, or at least to see her to the realization that the ugly, putrid life of hers that she felt was so superior to Travis' and to all who loved him, that she had the right to butcher him like a Christmas hog, is really meaningless and laughable and watsed and will remain so until she dies and goes to hell.

I value compassion and empathy. Ask those who know me: I am one of the biggest bleeding hearts around. My heart hurts for other for the smallest things - things sometimes they don't even know may be pitiable by others.

But a heart can only take so much and those of us vested in this case and watching the unceasing suffering this monster has caused, well, I think we have a good excuse for feeling a bit of glee at the thought that the monster before us may feel an ounce of what she dished out.

I hope that's clear.

I agree. I love all of ya'll but JM did not say a bad word. A professional of her caliber - that's right, she's an attorney in a death penalty trial and she has been around the block a time or two- has vastly more self-control than that. No way in H. E. double hockey sticks would such a word ever slip from her mouth before the court.

Great post, Gitana.

I loved it yesterday and I'll tell you why. We have spent weeks watching the utter anguish of Travis' loived ones have to hear their beloved, slauhghtered brother, nephew, friend, be trashed in the most disgusting, horrific ways - murdered twice in a sense - in one of the nastiest defenses I've heard in a long time. We have sat here for weeks and watched that murderer smirk and laugh and smile and toss her hair while she attempts to destroy the memory of a man who can no longer defend himself. We have sat for weeks watching jodi arias enjoy every last moment of it and every last moment of the pain it is causing Travis' family.

The cruelty of that, the inhumanity of that is something I will not forget. It causes anger and it causes a desire to see the source of the pain pay for what she has done, or at least to see her to the realization that the ugly, putrid life of hers that she felt was so superior to Travis' and to all who loved him, that she had the right to butcher him like a Christmas hog, is really meaningless and laughable and watsed and will remain so until she dies and goes to hell.

I value compassion and empathy. Ask those who know me: I am one of the biggest bleeding hearts around. My heart hurts for other for the smallest things - things sometimes they don't even know may be pitiable by others.

But a heart can only take so much and those of us vested in this case and watching the unceasing suffering this monster has caused, well, I think we have a good excuse for feeling a bit of glee at the thought that the monster before us may feel an ounce of what she dished out.

I hope that's clear.

I agree. I love all of ya'll but JM did not say a bad word. A professional of her caliber - that's right, she's an attorney in a death penalty trial and she has been around the block a time or two- has vastly more self-control than that. No way in H. E. double hockey sticks would such a word ever slip from her mouth before the court.

I can vouch for you and will! Well said Git, and I will NEVER forget your support and compassion during my brother's trial. Love you my friend. :blowkiss:

Here is what is so weird to me....JA cannot go anywhere. They are not going to provide special transportation back to the jail just for her. So she has to sit there all afternoon an wait for the dinner bus. What is the difference??

My guess is she has been holding back an anger outburst...got pale from holding her breath and biting her lip.... I quickly googled and found the following article:

HOW TO RESTRAIN YOURSELF FROM AN OUTBURST

Everybody gets angry at times. Yet, there is an awful lot of anger going around––it is estimated that one in five Americans has an anger management problem. As for having an outburst, a time when a person melts down in front of everyone present and yells, screams, hits out or abuses others, this is destructive anger at its most potent. It hurts you and it hurts others, in physical, emotional and social ways.

Having an outburst is nothing but negative––it's something to expect in toddlers, who have very limited ways to express themselves. But if you're old enough to read this article with no problems, you're too old to be having such outbursts, regardless of your temper, pride or sense of being "in the right". Learning to restrain yourself and to retrain your approach to challenging situations is the mature way forward to a calmer life.

-Tensed muscles, especially around your face and neck; tightening fists
-Teeth grinding and jaw clenching
-Sweating
-Skin color changes, such as reddening or *going totally pale*
-Shaking ("shaking in anger" is a well known term)
-Goosebumps
-You can feel your heart racing, your thoughts going blank
-The pitch of your voice changes
-Dizziness or light headed
-Stomach aches or a sudden feeling of diarrhea
-Feeling temperature extremes.

Notice your emotional reactions and your actions. There are more giveaway signs of anger and a potential outburst shown in feelings and reactions. If you can learn to spot these, you can learn to quell your anger faster. Some of these may include:

Feeling upset, anxious, wanting to get away, sad, resentful, guilty, terrified, wanting to hurt someone or something and wanting a habitual relaxant such as a cigarette or alcoholic drink, even a prescribed tranquilizer you keep at hand and take at will; and
Actions such as pacing, rubbing your head, sarcasm, losing your sense of humor, becoming abusive or abrasive, yelling or crying, making a fist.

Physically restrain yourself. If you're speaking to someone and ready to burst, don't say anything. Hold your breath or bite your tongue if you have to.

If your anger is directed toward an object (like the above picture of a woman screaming at her cell phone) and you feel yourself about to throw it, hold your hand down with your other one.

Make a fist (don't let go of the object) and slam it against your chest or stomach if you have to (try not to be too hard, as you may hurt yourself).

If you're ready to kick someone or something, stomp on your foot and hold it there.

ARTICLE CONTINUED HERE;

http://www.wikihow.com/Restrain-Yourself-from-an-Outburst

who jodi or wilmontt?

Same thing that's wrong with me?

A neighbor of mine rang my doorbell yesterday afternoon. I didn't answer. I was too busy watching the trial.

:blushing:

Well I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who does that :-)

After wasting 2-1/2 hours (including yesterday's 45 minutes) on minutia, it seemed like maybe JW had hit on something at the end of the morning if she had caught something relevant that JD should have known but didn't. But I'm going to take a SWAG that JW had it wrong, because if she had something to really nail JD on right after lunch, JA would not have taken "ill".

What a complete waste of a trial day. First we have to hear JW drone on about nonsense like copyright laws and now court is done because JA is sick. Nothing eventful, nothing worth noting, nothing that helped their case. To make matters worse....we have to deal with JW keeping this witness on the stand all day tomorrow! Stop stalling and get on with it!!! At this pace we wont get to the next rebuttal witness until next Tuesday!:banghead:

Also JD deserves to get paid.....she lost a whole days work!

Yes, and everyone is getting fed up!

I went got a pedicure during lunch and glad I did not rush back.

I no longer try to schedule my "chores" around this trial anymore.

Jodi is effective at derailing this trial, I must give her that. :furious:

Well the DT hasn't learned anything then because while they are doing their thinking - so is JM and everytime this has occurred in the past the man has come out loaded for bear and without mercy. Big mistake if this is a fake out excuse. Dumb dumb dumb.

Absolutely. JA butchered Travis and now is slandering him in the worst way possible. On top of that we have to watch Travis' family trying to deal with the horrific pain inflicted upon them by JA. Forgive me for my 'name calling' and 'emotional abuse'.
:what:

And remember THIS was her goal/strategy all along, to cause those who TA loved maximum pain and embarrassment. I'm sure she enjoys knowing this is also a financial burden on them the longer it goes on. :furious:

I agree and I think there is something much more deviant going on. I truly think they want to drag this case on as long as possible to keep having jurors removed until there is too few.

Think about it. So far, the defense has managed to remove 1themselves. Then another juror had to bail already. So, the more time they can drag this out, the more chance the defense has to try to get more jurors removed.

I am totally convinced their goal is to get under 12, and thus mistrial.
Jodi's fake illness is just ACT IV in this play.

Watch her be sick the rest of the week now is my guess.

The "2 down / 5 to go" strategy.

She doesn't want to prejudice the jury against the defendant. Look how frustrated we are ...and we can go about our lives.

Jury pretty much held hostage to their commitment to the trial and JA is dragging it out (IMO) and this seems to happen when things are not going well for the defendant again my opinion.

But basically the Judge doesn't want the jury to hold this against JA.

It could be considered 'prejudicial' if they told the jury that the killer had a headache. In other words, they might resent her for wasting their time.

But I think they already know it was because of her that the day was cut short. And they already resent her, imo.

Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member