trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ja-lifetime_copy.jpg

Guess who's playing Jodi Arias on Lifetime...

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/0...me-movie-cast-tania-raymonde-jesse-lee-soffer

Why is next week a 3 day week? Which 3 days? I assume (no factual basis for this, just due to the timing today of canceling next Friday) that the defendant has a medical appt next Friday.

The world revolves around her, you know.

My understanding is that there is no court Monday or Friday next week.

Okay fellow Sleuthers, I am 68 years old.....I realize that, if found guilty of 1st degree murder, with appeals etc., JA will probably outlive me! Maybe someone will do us a favor in prison, but I won't hold my breath.

I think I might quit on this and let my wonderful wife of 32 years let me know the outcome, but as she was the one that got me hooked......erm...um...pzt.

Nope...I guess I will continue to watch 'cause a happy wife = a happy life, but more importantly....I want to see the birch go down!

Oh.......if I still can mods. :floorlaugh:

---------------

Hi Roy Rob, you think your worried!! I'm 81 and praying to make it.:floorlaugh: I say that with every trial.:great: :seeya:

Jodi's not sick... she's just pale and greasy like an inmate.

I just watched and it appeared to me that she was doing something with her throat (swallowing real hard) like she was trying to make herself cough when the Jury came in.

Judge looked like she wanted to slap someone.

I missed a lot today... anything big? TIA.

I caught that, too -- when Jodi came back in the courtroom, swallowed hard (like she might have a sore froat), then came out the pathetic cough. I was kinda hoping she would urp all over JW's shoulder.

:floorlaugh:

Mel

Jodi feels inferior to Dr. DeMarte and she can't handle the truth.

Dr. Samuels was sucked in; ALV was out of Dr. DeMarte's league.

Dr. DeMarte is educated, strong, independent, objective and very cute.

The exact qualities Jodi lacks.

I hope Jodi goes back to her cell and thinks about the freedom everyone has and that she will never possess freedom again.

If JA doesn't want to come to court then fine plead guilty to Murder in the 1st degree, let the judge sentence her.

TA's family can know that the murderer of their brother will be where she needs to be and they can go on as best they can.

The prosecutor can go about his work, the DT can get new clients, and on and on.

JA may have looked a little unwell today, but to my eye her unwellness didn't appear to be anything that couldn't alternatively be nothing more than an act put on for a purpose. It was just this morning that Dr. DeMarte said that victims of DV often present with multiple medical conditions then "coincidentally" JA fell ill.

Displaying the symptoms JA displayed today isn't really that hard. I can say this confidently because to be very honest there has been a time or two that I just couldn't push through the day at a job I didn't like I was fairly easily able to convincingly make it appear I was sick enough to need to go home at the insistence of my manager because she thought I looked really ill...indeed I wasn't ill, just sick of work.

Maybe her obsessive scribbling and pseudo concentration act gave her a headache. Murderessess seem to love to look interested and engaged as they are on trial.

I think JA did this to give JW some time to research Dimarte's (sp) testimony so she can try to impeach her. She knows the cross is not going well and this is her last hope. I would be willing to bet JW will not finish with Dimarte Thursday. If she doesn't, this will give the defense 4 days to investigate what she has testified to so far since they won't be back until Tuesday. If they had moved forward today then JW would probably finish with her tomorrow. Now she won't. IMO they shouldn't delay court unless JA has a life threatening illness.

I'm sure you all have pointed this out, but when DeMarte was testifying to the PDS test question( as far as being attacked by a stranger) she said the story the test was based on was false information. That's because when Samuels gave her the test JA was still going with the Ninja story.

Of course it would be false information, thus making the test invalid and thus making Samuels testimony invalid on that subject as well.

Maybe it's the one Juan snatched from him. :floorlaugh:

Was there any other info that came out about Samuels and the possible Discovery Issue where he did not provide a test of JA's to the State???

Happy, healthy and successful people shock the h*ll out of me almost every day. Being happy, healthy and successful isn't immunity against bitter disappointment. As others have said, Jodi made her choices and has done for a long time. She had many opportunities to be successful but she wanted what she wanted when she wanted it and would go to any extreme to get it.

Many out there with sad, failed lives who try to make the best of what they have and others who drift aimlessly and still manage not to commit murder and spend years consciously lying about it.

I think part of what makes the average person happy, healthy and successful is that s/he is a thinking, striving individual who understands the world doesn't owe anyone all of their hopes and dreams. Just because we want something and work hard for it and think we deserve it, sometimes we still don't get it. And often with no good reason why.

I think sometimes about women in other countries who are brutalized simply for being women. Anger and despair would be the easiest answer. Just not the only answer. Some of those women have more hope for the future than people who rarely experience tragedy.

JMO

Agreed. Everything.

I was taking issue with the malicious gloating over failure which is, at least in part, due to a very serious disorder. Never said there wasn't choice involved, never said responsibility and justice isn't due, because that's beside my point. What I'm hearing a lot of is that it's OK to make fun of mental illness and a failed life, so long as we agree that the target deserves it.

Look at that pile of folders, papers, etc. that Jodi is carrying! What on earth is she doing with all that stuff?

She's busy writing stuff down dontchknow . . cause she's the ring leader of this circus!#@&^%$@!@!@!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett