trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are lucky! And she was probably even more stressed that she had to stay in that darkened room leaving only to go vomit.

At some point, a cool compress over your eyes in a darkened room starts to be soothing because you don't have to blink and you aren't pierced by light. But it's such a long time before you can bear to even have the compress touch you.

One day she'll get a real migraine ... oh, wait. That will be when her new neighbors at the prison start their introductions. lol

Thanks guys, I have never had migranes. In fact, I can count the number of headaches I've had in my life on two hands. This includes the few partying headaches I had in college (not few partyings, but few headaches). I just don't get headaches. I feel very lucky reading the comments of the rest of you. I can't imagine how difficult it is to debilitated by a migrane.

hmm I have seen that look before!
It will come back and bite her IMO.

JW is completely tone deaf about how to cross examine a witness. When JM goes hard after a witness, it's when they are being evasive and giving ludicrous answers. JD is not the least bit evasive. She gave more direct yes or no answers in half a day of cross than RS or ALV did altogether. JD concedes points without being difficult. She is being perfectly objective. If I'm on a jury, she's the kind of expert I can respect. JW's tone is completely out of place with JD. Booooo to Wilmot!

Earlier in the trial, JA, had on two different pairs of frames. The pair she has on now is the third pair. I have not watched every day, but I did notice the other frames, and I liked the styles better then the current ones. There maybe more pics of different frames.

Do inmates get brand new glasses, or do they get what people turn into "old glasses collectionboxes"? JMO

It depends on the state/prison. In the one a relative worked in they got to pick from a small selection that changed a lot. Mostly discontinued frames. They only got one pair every two yrs and paid a small fee for them.

Can the judge insist Jodi come to court tomorrow if she pulls this headache thing again? I keep thinking of Michael Jackson having to come in that day in his pajamas!

So glad Walker was on HG tonight and completely debunked this...how could JW present that misleading line of questioning!!!

Can we look forward to this scene with Wilmott and Walker?

[video=youtube;9wWUc8BZgWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wWUc8BZgWE[/video]

Different accommodations. Jodi is in a pod sharing a cell with another inmate. She isn't in the stripey PJs dorm pillow fights section.

Someone misbehaved and was put in a pod with 12 or so women. I'd misbehave on purpose to get out of that terrifying free-for-all. I can see why Jodi might feel like an Einstein by comparison with those folks.

I'm just now watching testimony from this morning. I gotta' tell you: As much as this trial has destroyed the expert careers of Alyce Laviolette and Dr. Samuels it is going to set Demarte's career for life. She is very good, super bright. Excellent. People will be clamoring to hire her after this.

at one point it looked almost as if Nurmi was actually staring at her rubbing his chin.. and thinking the same thing..or may have been thinking about something else :Banane09: i dunno

I hope one of JD's friends or coworkers gives her a heads up, and assures her that JW is full of BS with that line of questioning. I want her to feel confident enough to hold her ground if JW foolishly brings it up again.

My dream is for Dr. DeMarte to soon meet Lenore Walker...

:D

I wanted to get more info on Lenore Walker and found that she is a pioneer in DV, like Alyce LaViolette. LW was an OJ Simpson defense witness and interviewed him. I don't know a whole lot about Simpson's trial as I was too busy working and going to school at that time. LW received some flack for her involvement with OJ and it does not seem to have hurt her reputation. IDK Most likely, ALV's work won't suffer either. MOO

Did LW look straight at the jury and outright lie as ALV did?

That is exactly why I think the glasses have the wrong prescription. She couldn't possibly have three pairs of prescription glasses, HER prescription, unless someone on the outside got them for her. If she did get her eyes examined while in jail, she may get one pair with very inexpensive frames.

MOO
Wearing the wrong prescriptions could potentially cause her to have migraines, but they seem to be more of a fashion prop for her, than actually needing them to see. She took them on and off several times yesterday...

Thank you, oh wise Sleuth!

Seriously, she herself said on the witness stand that she had tried on someone's glasses in 2010 "just for fun" and noticed how much more clearly she could see. Curious if this person was very nearsighted, and if JA is still wearing those glasses. She could be over-correcting her vision, ergo the headaches that she is saying are migraines.

MOO

I think you're entirely right. I've had eye prescriptions that required fixing for one reason or another, and the reason I knew I needed to have them fixed was because of the headaches I was getting from wearing my glasses! Yep, could definitely be the problem with her.

Katie Cool Lady, please text this to the VA , Juan Martinez said he does not watch TV on this case, but boy this is just too good to be true. He could get Ms. Walker to come in to testify. At the very least he needs to know that JW is off her rocker with her assertions today of how she tried to discredit his witness with this Lenore Walker stuff. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm sure someone on his staff is on this, but just in case.

ACK!

Alexander Family Friend,

Texting info to a prosecutor or to someone to give to a prosecutor is risky during an active trial. Excellent way to create trouble that could multiply, starting with the fact a prosecutor would have to disclose anything s/he received in the way of info/evidence to the court, to the defense, to the judge, and it would become part of the court record. Then the person who sent the info would also be outed. It's just a bad policy to do anything to be inserted in a criminal court case of any size and it's especially touchy in a case with national attention. JM doesn't need any (more) problems. As it is now the defense practically makes hourly motions for mistrials.

Please just trust that JM knows how to try his case and certainly knows how to get information.

You know, I just tried a cool, wet washcloth on my forehead the last time I got a migraine a couple of weeks ago, and it felt really good! Not because it blocked out the light, I have blackout shade masks and dark sunglasses for that, it just did. Seemed to calm everything down in my head.

I actually had a migraine today & couldn't get to a doctor for Imitrex. I took a handful of Benedryl just to see what it would do & it actually got rid of it. I knew that that's one of the components of the IV I get at the ER--I just never thought of taking it myself. I took 4-5 benedryl with Excedrin, and 2 hours later, it started to fade. That's pretty remarkable to me, since I tend to get 2-3 day migraines when the barometric pressure drops (like today).

This is OT But becuase there are so many of us here who have gone through the agony of migranes( When I had one I would never look as composed as JA does..I would look like a truck has hit me) If I take an anit-inflammatory when I feel it coming on..it stops it. My dr. was convinced it was becuase anti-inflam contain some pain med. But as one poster did, I could take Darvon and it never worked like Lodine. Not a Dr here or prescribing..just sharing what has made my hell in migranes 150% better

Well, here I go again, as always with my point of view, I RESPECT YOURS but totally disagree.

Here in the United States, Personality Disorder IS considered a mental illness.

In the UK IIRC there was some debate, I'm not up to date on where that stands.

As for the rest of your post would you mind clarifying that? I'm not sure I understand it.

When I say, "illness", I'm thinking it is not a sickness of the mind as in depression or schizophrenia, for example. It is a rigidity of personality. The cardinal symptom to me is lack of empathy. Which means hell for the rest of us.

Personality disorders are considered 'ego syntonic' which means that the person with the disorder feels there is nothing wrong with them, everything is in harmony with their ego. The rest of us, on the other hand, feel and see the clash between ourselves, our ego, and what we expect of ourselves in the world (aka, 'neurosis'). Those with personality disorders feel okay about themselves, feel there is nothing wrong, and of course, blame everything on external factors- it is never their fault.

THANK YOU CHERYL ARUTT!!
She was NOT padding her CV. She was being truthful. She was practicing for 8 years but she did not say she was licensed all those years. The lawyers have been saying all day Willmott scored with that. They misunderstand. And it actually makes Willmott look uneducated.

I just have to keep reminding myself redirect is coming.

And Willmott needs to stick to her own style and not cop Juan's. It doesn't work for her it just makes her seem b***y.

Agree, when Juan is jumping around with the questions or they seem irrelevant he always ties it all up and makes a piercing point. JW just sounds like she is being petty.

Pasa, my thoughts and prayers are with your dad and your family. <3

Exactly. She didn't pad it at all because of the lectures she didn't include.

And yet, JW described that as giving her a CV that wasn't current! :floorlaugh:

What JW does NOT understand is, the dr. Is NOT an academician. She doesn't need to run up her credentials on her CV. She's SEEING PATIENTS! She's not traveling around doing speaking engagements, or publishing for her peers.

She's WORKING as a psychologist.

BBM This is correct.
My younger son will be graduating next month and will be attending graduate school to become a counselor. He was thinking about getting his PHD, but decided he didn't want, at this time, to do that because he didn't want to do all the research required (he hates it)- he just wants to council. Most PHDs teach at universites, do research, publish, and also have private practices.

Grrr. Yep, sounds like trying to manipulate and control in about the only way she can these days.

And watch her looking at the jury as the judge is announcing the recess. She looks so proud of herself. And this is against the jury now too since they don't believe her.

Really interesting to see her handle JW's questioning.

"That does not sound accurate" and "I am not aware of that" in response to JW asking JDM about recent work in BWS if she is aware that Lenore Walker no longer uses the six criteria, instead uses a trauma informed approach.

It appears that JW was misrepresenting Lenore Walker's work. I only find podcasts which reference a trauma informed approach and that is dealing strictly with children. I am unable to locate any major published works subsequent to the release of the third edition (2009) The Battered Woman Syndrome.

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know about the ethics of this type of questioning. Nevertheless, JDM answered the questions correctly, including her statement regarding accuracy.

So glad Walker was on HG tonight and completely debunked this...how could JW present that misleading line of questioning!!!
Maybe Juan will subpeona her to rebut JW???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus