trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror Question #1: Dr. DeMarte, thank you for being so clear, concise and thorough with your answers. They way you have explained very difficult topics within your field of expertise is so refreshing.

Now, my question is...has anyone ever told you that your face and eyes make you a spitting image of a brunette version of Heather Locklear?

That's it! I could not place why she looked so familiar to me-now I won't have it niggling at me. Thanks. :seeya:

I thought Nurmi sat upright more than he had in a long time. He was shaking his head slightly at one point, my sister said she thought he was doing so at JW. ...since she was starting to make a fool of herself.

My DH is building an Ark as we speak!!

I just got done shovelling 4 in ice and snow...aarrrhhh!

BUT, my girlfriend is coming over to watch the trial. I've hooked the laptop up to the TV and gonna build a fire!! :great::great::great:

Jodi is NOT ALLOWED to call in sick today!! :furious::furious::furious:

Thanks. I often think the way death and killing is portrayed in movies and on television actually perpetuates violence. I think people would have a lot less support for war and the sort of drone strikes we engage in in Pakistan that have a high rate of "collateral damage" if the dead kids were proudly brought into our living rooms.

Great post, but I have to disagree with the assertion I snipped.

It can easily be argued, and supported with statistics, that we currently live in the least violent time in the history of mankind.

Think about how few people in modernized countries even know how to properly slaughter and butcher an animal for consumption.

Think about how the poorest people, most impoverished people lived 150 years ago. Read about the 5 corners section of New York.

In fact, right now in the US we are in a period of one of the lowest ALL-TIME recorded rates of violent crime.

"In the long term, violent crime in the United States has been in decline since colonial times."
Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I buy different types of camera straps for my camera than theones sold with the camera. So just because there is a new one in the bag does not mean the camera did not have one attached. JMHO

And this reminds me.... Anyone else catch in Juan's opening statement that he described JA using a strap .... Or did I dream this

Anyone think there was any connection between JW asking DD about flight or fight right before lunch and Jodi ending up going back to jail in the afternoon? Sounds like a perfect "I don't want to deal with this" opportunity for Jodi.

I asked AZLawyer if JA was in hospital would the trial continue with a video feed to her. Here's AZLawyer's response:

But no, the trial would not continue with a video link for her, because the point is not just for her to be able to SEE what's going on, but also to be able to HELP her counsel. The only possible way she'd be set up somewhere with a video link would be if she were engaging in EXTEMELY disruptive behavior--and in that case, the place she'd be put would be right next to the courtroom. And she'd probably be allowed to text her lawyers.

There you have it. IMO this is JA's plan. Make herself sick enough to put the trial on hold indefinitely.

I just got done shovelling 4 in ice and snow...aarrrhhh!

BUT, my girlfriend is coming over to watch the trial. I've hooked the laptop up to the TV and gonna build a fire!! :great::great::great:

Jodi is NOT ALLOWED to call in sick today!! :furious::furious::furious:

Have fun. Shorts and tshirt in my neck of the woods.

OMG...That is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE I am able to do that at 88 years old!

Thank you for that, you made my day!

Seriously, when I play that little video, it sets my mood for the day! You can not watch that and not want to get up and dance!

Lenore Walker was talking about battered women killing their abuser when in imminent danger. She said she has seen nothing in this case to indicate Jodi was in imminent danger.....oooops, Jenny, better think up some other excuse to save the killer.

Amster - long time no see, hope you are well.

Question - did Ms. Walker have any comment about Ms. Arias driving 1000 miles by any chance ? This aspect fascinates me and just screams that there was no fear in Jodi's mind. This fact totally throws the word fear IMO.

I thought Nurmi sat upright more than he had in a long time. He was shaking his head slightly at one point, my sister said she thought he was doing so at JW. ...since she was starting to make a fool of herself.
A few people commented on Nurmi smirking yesterday and thought it was at DD. I don't know why but I have the impression he was more smirking at the ridiculous nature of the situation and probably some of the questions JW had asked. Remember he outright laughed when he heard about the Cameron Diaz pic in spiderman underwear?

What are people's thoughts on how Nurmi would have done cross?

JM says he does not watch the media so he probably does not know about LW on NG last night

Thanks. I often think the way death and killing is portrayed in movies and on television actually perpetuates violence. I think people would have a lot less support for war and the sort of drone strikes we engage in in Pakistan that have a high rate of "collateral damage" if the dead kids were proudly brought into our living rooms.

I think Arias being informed in murder by santized movies probably helped her decide to do it.

Agreed on the neverending war.
Agreed on Arias.

I hang out with a lot of survival and primative skills people, which includes some "preppers" (Note: Civilization will not collapse, you should prep for entertainment purposes only)

lol. See how you are!

So, if we are going to talk about these things, we should know what we are talking about. If we are going to talk about gunshots, throat cutting or other forms of mayhem, there are resources on the internet that will allow you to see how this cashes in in the real world. I'm one of the most unsqeamish people I know. I watched vivisection done on a monkey when I was seven years old. I've removed my own stitches. I pay attention when I have blood drawn, it simply doesn't bother me.

By the by, part of my job as a lab technician entails (heh, no pun) drawing blood. The number people who like to watch, even if I have to chase down a squirming vein, is very very very very very low.

However, even the shock site throat cutting videos can make me cringe.

And humor, it was Abraham Lincoln who said "I must laugh or I must cry", or something to that effect. Wit and snark and general graveyard humor are a useful coping mechanism. We are dealing with the ultimate uncomfortable subjects here: Mortality and mayhem. I once read a book on Grizzly Bear attacks in reference to that idiot Timothy Treadwell and one thing really stuck out when the author, in describing a bear attack, talked about the victims awareness of "the ruin of one's own body" while they were still alive. That stuck with me as something particularly horrible: The moment you move past mere injury into realizing you are being dismembered, taken apart. There's an aspect to that in the Travis Alexander murder that makes it more horrible than a quick shot to the head. It's the knowledge that Travis Alexander, on some level, knew he was being destroyed.

YES, this is where my mind does go and lingers, where the murder haunts. Thinking of Travis at some unspeakable point knowing there was no way out. It was over. She was killing him.

Stuff like that really taxes our coping mechanism so much that the only resort is to the most effective coping mechanism, which is humor.

To mimic Horace, I like you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member