trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tick tock..tick tock..I have noon here means 30 min till seal if all goes well according to schedule..oh that NEVER happens though HA HA :)

JM says he does not watch the media so he probably does not know about LW on NG last night
His assistant might. I think someone on both sides watches social media.. just in case.

I think if she saves JA from the death penalty she will be popular with the guilty set. There are people that are guilty of the crime, As Jodi is. This is not about guilt really.. This is about saving her from death. I think if she can do that for Jodi, It is a success.

You are truly a gracious person, and that is refreshing...but, to me Willmott came off as very, very vindictive and angry ! So glad Lenore Walker was on last nite, and blew Willmott out of the water. Along with her comment about her 6 pt. still very much in use, the comment that Jodi shows none of the symptoms of battered wives syndrome or ptsd was great ! I hope DeMarte shuts her up today once and for all !!!

Ustream was not functioning last week on droids, but they fixed it and this Monday it works again and is faster than ever. Better than any other way, and is full screen, does not dim out like other alternatives did when we were doing workarounds last week during the upgrade issue. It is the best best way to view and ,ive stream for droids and uses less data transfer that alternatives.

Go to google apps, dowoad ustream and type in azfamily as your channe, put as favorite so later it will take less than five seconds to start streaming! It is faster than your computer to start the syreaming, and others on computer will actually be behind you during the stteaming!

Done and done. Thanks!

I asked AZLawyer if JA was in hospital would the trial continue with a video feed to her. Here's AZLawyer's response:

But no, the trial would not continue with a video link for her, because the point is not just for her to be able to SEE what's going on, but also to be able to HELP her counsel. The only possible way she'd be set up somewhere with a video link would be if she were engaging in EXTEMELY disruptive behavior--and in that case, the place she'd be put would be right next to the courtroom. And she'd probably be allowed to text her lawyers.

There you have it. IMO this is JA's plan. Make herself sick enough to put the trial on hold indefinitely.

If she could watch the trial and video/chat conference on computer that would address the issue of her being able to communicate with her attorneys.

A few people commented on Nurmi smirking yesterday and thought it was at DD. I don't know why but I have the impression he was more smirking at the ridiculous nature of the situation and probably some of the questions JW had asked. Remember he outright laughed when he heard about the Cameron Diaz pic in spiderman underwear?

What are people's thoughts on how Nurmi would have done cross?

Slowly. Interminably.

A few people commented on Nurmi smirking yesterday and thought it was at DD. I don't know why but I have the impression he was more smirking at the ridiculous nature of the situation and probably some of the questions JW had asked. Remember he outright laughed when he heard about the Cameron Diaz pic in spiderman underwear?

Probably would have asked Dr. DeMarte to recount her sex life, both before and after her licensing.

I hope you're a writer by trade, if not, you should be. Fantastic post. I wanted to read more.

:rocker:

I'm a tech monkey. But with a degree in Analytic Philosophy, my mom is happy I have a real job.

These days I'm mostly known for being a YouTube video maker dealing with the schism in the skeptical community when some people promoting a perverted version of Radical Feminism (i.e., agree with me even when I'm wrong, or you're a misogynist) which makes Alyce LaViolette oddly familiar.

She's the spitting mental image of this woman Ophelia Benson. Like LaViolette these sorts do no research, just piggy-back off other people's work when and if it confirms their biases, villifies critics (and then act outraged when they get it in kind) and lives and breathes the convention lecture circuit (in Skepticism it's Skepticon and The Amazing Meeting) where they can complain about how under threat they are for their beliefs because someone called them ugly and stupid in YouTube comments. They also like "Catchy Titles" over substance.

Don't worry about Alyce, her career isn't destroyed because the victimhood lecture circle where she makes bank will continue to hire her despite any change.org petitions.

I bet KN is billing for the hours he spends watching HLN LOL

I just found out my grandma is watching this trial!

I saw her comment on the JM - Prosecutor support facebook page!

:seeya: That's wonderful ! Good for her !

:great: :great:

We didn't get that impression, he almost looked in awe at DD (like he looks at Juan at times) that she could give as well as she took. I think Nurmi is trying to learn from this case and already checked out from Jodi, he's going through the motions, no pun.

:truce:

I think Wilmott is doing a good job. The problem is she's unprepared. JM knows the tests, Wilmott doesn't. The Dr. DeMarte has to keep correcting her on the finer points of the tests.

Fur realz??? Surely you jest!!

Re-watching Tuesday's testimony. Dr. Demarte makes me feel smarter just listening to her. She is logical, concise, and I can follow her. With Samuels and LaViolette, I felt dumber.

But I am curious about this line of questioning....

JM: "So in regard to personality, The Prosec---let's just assume somebody is a jerk, for lack of a better term, is that personality, is that...is there such a thing as being a jerk?"

JD: (Smiles) "Not using that verbage."

JW: "Judge may I approach?"

JSS: "You may."

I'm a bit weary of the "yes, she did! oh no she didn't" debates regarding utterances, lipreading, etc., but is this Juan acknowledging ALV's alleged "jerk" lip slip.

That's the only way this question makes sense to me. Enlighten me.

(Chicago)

OT believe it or not I'm actually filling my pool because there is danger that the tremendous amount of water now on the cover will tear the cover or even break the pool. By filling it, it helps to support the water on the cover.

Meanwhile, I have to wade out there barefoot. 2-3" high in the backyard
I just got done shovelling 4 in ice and snow...aarrrhhh!

BUT, my girlfriend is coming over to watch the trial. I've hooked the laptop up to the TV and gonna build a fire!! :great::great::great:

Jodi is NOT ALLOWED to call in sick today!! :furious::furious::furious:

If you know anything about migraines, stress can be a major trigger. I have had migraines since I was a child and had them into my 30's. Once I left a very stressful job, I no longer had migraines.

I think when Dr. DeMarte took the stand and broke down Jodi's testimony, personality and all her excuses, it overwhelmed Jodi. You could tell from her obsessive drawing and note taking that she was angry and seething inside. The past few days have been very stressful for her.

There are different levels to migraines and some are more debilitating than others. You can have a migraine, take some medicine and still work or function. Other migraines which involve an aura, flashing lights, numbness on one side of your body, vomiting, pain, confusion, and sensitivity to lights can be debilitating.

Jodi seems to have a milder type and she probably could function fine taking medication. She is milking this condition so she does not have to listen to this Dr. peel back the layers and revel the monster. :furious:

Isn't it telling that she sat through, viewed photos and discussed her murdering Travis with not a hint of illness. It seems to be how people view her, her reputation is what effects her. Throughout all her interrogations and the television shows she did all the concerned her is what people thought about her. She wants to hide the real person she is and if it looks as though anyone gets close to knowing what she is she reacts. Travis told her he was going to tell everyone who she really was and she murdered him. She can't harm anyone in the courtroom in order to stop people from speaking so she stops it the only way she has available.

:truce:

I think Wilmott is doing a good job. The problem is she's unprepared. JM knows the tests, Wilmott doesn't. The Dr. DeMarte has to keep correcting her on the finer points of the tests.
A good job Steely??? Going after a copy write law did not do anything to erase the desperation I saw when she is on cross. It is seeping out in that certain tone of voice that drives me to clench my teeth. lol

Quite ineptly

if that's a word

I asked AZLawyer if JA was in hospital would the trial continue with a video feed to her. Here's AZLawyer's response:

But no, the trial would not continue with a video link for her, because the point is not just for her to be able to SEE what's going on, but also to be able to HELP her counsel. The only possible way she'd be set up somewhere with a video link would be if she were engaging in EXTEMELY disruptive behavior--and in that case, the place she'd be put would be right next to the courtroom. And she'd probably be allowed to text her lawyers.

There you have it. IMO this is JA's plan. Make herself sick enough to put the trial on hold indefinitely.

I'm not sure what antics the defendant will try to pull, but I fully expect her to do things to exert control (in a thwarting way) over this trial and its players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove