trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #152

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still looking at the seal. Sigh

Please let there not be migraines, or bathroom issues or flying monkeys or whatever else can be manufactured to delay this trial yet again.

:praying:

I made a bar chart that shows the time lapses between photos that were on the memory card of TA's camera. Note the gap in time from standing to sitting between pics 18 and 19 and the gaps following... The 2 thumbnails are small versions of the linked documents :)

picture.php

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0jycYA2sAz-bm51N3JuRmtoZk0/edit?usp=sharing

picture.php

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0jycYA2sAz-bjktZ1h4U2xDbEU/edit?usp=sharing
I thought that not every single photo had been released to the public. Am I wrong?

I brought this over because it was one of my favorites!!

Registered User Join Date: Mar 2013

JD: Can I see the document to refresh? I don't want to give any information that would be misleading.

JW: You don't want to be misleading?

JD: Correct.

JW: Because you don't want to give any information to us that would be misleading?

JD:..Correct.

JW: Because the last thing you want to do is add anything that would be misleading.

JD:......Correct.

hahah. I'm almost embarrased for JW....almost but not!

It's as if she just want to keep talking until something better comes along. :python:

If there were thousands and thousands of text, email, and IM's, and only 4 or 5 times that Travis called her names, isn't that considered rare? And forgive me for not thinking Travis was an abuser, but can you please tell us why he was that angry with her? If you only throw out part of the conversation, how can a conclusion be drawn as to whether he had a right to call her evil, etc. How do we know Travis didn't contract a STD, thus the reference to the "wh---" comment. Although, the words my be considered abusive if untrue, maybe they were accurate. I hope the jury sees it like I do.

As a patient in therapy for a non-physically abusive relationship, I have learned that no one "has a right" to debase and attack another's character. No one. Not any single act gives another the right to respond in that manner.

And that's exactly where DeMarte has won the jury, because she did not betray her ethics like LaVoilette or Samuels when she said it was inexcusable behavior on Travis's part to call her those names - even if they were in response to Jodi's own poor behavior.

I was like YESSSS!!! Because even though such an admission is a little ding to the TA camp, it's a HUGE score in proving that DeM is an objective ethical and credible evaluator. That really sets her apart from the other two.

I don't think the mods like the exorcist pictures

Thing is..it was Travis' camera, and belonged at the house. So if it was in Jodi's car, that would have been a problem..if it was taken would have been said was she who took it, why would the ninjas have taken it. So it stayed. Rather dumb reasoning on JWs part, IMO

Most people here don't even get that. That's why we have the prevailing theory that the camera got accidentally scooped up in the sheets <modsnip>.

She isn't allowed to wear any makeup at all.

I remember Scott Peterson got very pale after 5-6 years in prison.

Recently, I saw a picture of him and he looked tan, so maybe he laid in the sun during this hour outside the cell?? :rocker:

I haven't watched a large number of trials. I don't remember this courtroom time management problem. Am I just not remembering correctly? That could be but wow this time it seems really terrible.

It seems unusual to me too.

yup - the front is here! bundle up for a few days and then itll be summer again!!!!!!!!!

Houston - the only place where you can have all 4 seasons in 1 week!!! :facepalm:

We have 4 seasons in one week too and I am not in Houston. The weather joys of the South.

Are the Experts not allowed to watch the trial? I know regular witnesses aren't supposed to.

Correct they are not allowed to follow the trial. They can if they wish after the subpoena has been released.

She got JD to admit that it is possible to delete photos in a "fight or flight" state of mind. JW made other statements to confuse the jury about the deleted photos.

She has undermined JD's diagnosis for BPD by pointing several things out. The email, for example, contained something not previously seen -- "I vent and scream too but on very rare occasions".

She got JD to concede that Travis was "abusive" to her.

Except Jodi testified she never saw his camera until that day and didn't know how to delete pictures orginially. Whoops.

Jodi may have said "very rarely", which means nothing to anyone. Evidence suggests otherwise. And vent and scream is not the only thing classifying specific criteria. Screaming and venting aren't the only way to display a pattern of behavior.

Wilmott is doing a decent job but I think a lot of the "dust" she's stirring up will be cleared up on redirect. A lot of the points she's making can be thrown right back at her, such as JD only interviewing Jodi and 1 other person, and selectively looking at texts, emails to make her diagnosis. The differences between JD and the DT's experts are competence, organization, and a dispassionate interpretation of facts. I still can't believe DOCTOR Samuels referenced a TIME magazine article about PTSD when there's any number of journal articles he could have relied upon. Not to mention his wacky math and tendency to make typos and forget things on his desk. SLOPPY! Don't even get me started on ALV. The worst I can say about JD is she needs to come up with a different word for "highlighted." Not looking forward to slugging through the rest of Screechy's cross but it's worth it to get to the jury questions. That's all for now.

Regarding whether JW made a point about deleting photos and "flight or flight" - all the Dr. said was it's possible that it could be rote - but then she said - it's the thought process to perceive the need to delete and which ones that were important to her to show absense of fog - not just that Jodi may be better able to operate a camera since she is a "photogoragher (lol)"

I haven't watched a large number of trials. I don't remember this courtroom time management problem. Am I just not remembering correctly? That could be but wow this time it seems really terrible.

I have watched many trials and I have never seen anything like this. Ever.

She got JD to admit that it is possible to delete photos in a "fight or flight" state of mind. JW made other statements to confuse the jury about the deleted photos.

She has undermined JD's diagnosis for BPD by pointing several things out. The email, for example, contained something not previously seen -- "I vent and scream too but on very rare occasions".

She got JD to concede that Travis was "abusive" to her.

I believe what Dr. D. stated was that in order to determine Travis was abusive she would have to see and overall pattern and she did not see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple