trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #152

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually a bit concerned about Ms. Willmonts conduct and behavior.

I'm not in the health field except for working with animals.

Allow me to clarify my motives regarding the following sentences. I have no malicious intent whatsoever, I mean no disrespect to Ms. Willmont. I don't think I'd be capable to even qualify for the job that she does. My motives are concern and curiosity.:

It's seems to me she's a bit manic perhaps? I'm attempting to try to remember who I've met throughout my life who have behaved in the manner that I am perceiving. What are the words I would associate to convey my feelings?...immature for her age?, I'm having trouble conveying my feelings. I'm perplexed. IMO.

I see it differently for a couple of reasons: 1) I don't think Willmott is very effective in undermining Demarte's conclusions although she is getting across the point that this expert agrees that Travis behaved in appropriately and sometimes engaged in poor communication style, and 2) More importantly, I really don't think there are any points to be scored with respect to the BPD diagnosis. The diagnosis is completely irrelevant other than as an alternate explanation for Jodi's behaviors as opposed to PTSD or BWS. Even Jodi's expert diagnosed her with a personality disorder. What's important from this witness is her conclusion that Jodi does not have PTSD and does not meet the criteria for Battered Woman Syndrome.

What you said and just wait for JM's cross. He will clarify and have the Dr fill in the blanks.

yup - the front is here! bundle up for a few days and then itll be summer again!!!!!!!!!

Houston - the only place where you can have all 4 seasons in 1 week!!! :facepalm:

Have you been to Chicago??? We can have all 4 seasons in 24 hours

She got JD to admit that it is possible to delete photos in a "fight or flight" state of mind. JW made other statements to confuse the jury about the deleted photos.

She has undermined JD's diagnosis for BPD by pointing several things out. The email, for example, contained something not previously seen -- "I vent and scream too but on very rare occasions".

She got JD to concede that Travis was "abusive" to her.

Ahh...Jodi testified that she couldn't figure out how to use Travis's camera. So, in this case, IMO, Jodi wasn't deleting those photos under the flight/fight scenario. Hopefully Martinez will correct that little slight of hand of JW's.

They've just had a TWO HOUR LUNCH... Why can't this crap be dealt with then?

Worst time management ever.

JMO:

Any juror who has ever been angry and acted out on that anger - whether it was screaming at someone or throwing a plate against a wall - is likely not to see Travis as an abuser.

He called her names while angry. In text. A thousand miles apart. It hardly exhibits the well known controlling profile common to abusers.

JA must be getting bored looks like she may be trying to push tears out really really hard. She is very strange bird
bird002.gif

psychologist on HLN right now is pretty insightful.

I don't agree whatsoever about JW cutting down the BPD diagnosis- I should know, I have had it since 18.

It's not remotely relevant anyway. What IS relevant is that JA doesn't have PTSD. Dr. D obliterated that hypothesis in a nanosecond.

Sky is falling parrots here are really annoying. At least change up the record once in awhile. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie