trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #152

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well we know that Travis cant talk----that was such a stupid line of questoning

a la JW trying to imitate JM: "Right. But I'm not talking about Travis talking, am I? I'm talking about who deleted the photos." :facepalm:

I like this witness - she is not trying to "edify" Travis as perfect or without fault. I've always agreed that those nasty text messages Travis sent Jodi were inappropriate and should not be excused -- although his reaction is understandable when you understand the context. Demarte does a good job of explaining this, without excusing Travis' behavior.

Compare her approach to Jodi's witnesses.

Yep, she has superior credibility for it.

My experience with BPD was a little different, but that's because the BPD person is my mother so the relationship is different. That said what others have described is right on the mark I've seen those behaviors out of my mom with her ex-husband. He was either an angel or the devil, never in between for her. With me I was the security blanket and if I didn't behave as such I would be treated as if I didn't matter nor exist to her. Prior to her getting married, when I was in maybe 11 or 12, I remember one time she broke up with one of a very long string of boyfriends and didn't want to sleep in her bed alone so she demanded I sleep in her bed with her. She snored and had a waterbed and I just didn't like sleeping in it. One night I snuck out of her bed and went for my own...she acted as if I had done something worthy of disowning me and treated me like I didn't exist for a week unless she was chiding me for something or directing me to something for her, then all of a sudden it was like nothing happened. Very confusing for a kid, but I learned to adapt to her behavior...err I guess that would be maladapt, but whatever. She's still like that, but now that I'm older (33 :what:) I'm very careful at setting clear and firm boundries with her and that helps in avoiding her undesirable behavior much better.

Wow...that is crazy. Here I am trying to keep my 3-year old OUT of my bed. Sounds like you had alot to deal with growing up...

At times JW seems to be hitting her stride, then BAM! the brick wall, or she asks the same question, or worse, asks something like [I]oh, you can't get information from a dead person?[/I] No, JW, you can't. I'm sure she felt the sting of that soon as she said it.

IMO

JW is coming undone at the seams. I'm waiting for her to start singing, "the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round..."

Several of those jury questions indicate a belief in Jodi. And yes, the jury asks better questions than Juan.
I don't even know what to say to this, but I didn't want to ignore a response to me, so I'll just say: OK.

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m

#JodiArias is on the side hwhispering to hWillmott as we wait for the judge and jury.

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m

I notice @KatieWickUSA is here in a salmon top. Way to go Katie :) #JodiArias

----

Guarantee a shot of Katie at some point :)

I just can't take this constant waiting. Will someone please hit me over the head with a large piece of wood?

Yes...the "other jobs".... Though I was not aware of the "caretaker" job. We know she did a very brief stint modeling sportswear, and I guess prepaid legal is a job......anyone else?

Butcher, baker, candlestick maker...not sure about the last two, but I'm certain about the first one.

Yes. One really bizarre moment today was JW confrontational reaction to DrD citing, as one indication that Jodi wasn't in a fog, that the camera had "gone through a cycle" in the washer. JW seemed to be in essence calling DrD a liar, or at least suggesting she had info she shouldn't have had. What was up with that?

BBM: Me thinks JW was about to accuse JDM of perusing the media or internet. JMHO

I like this witness - she is not trying to "edify" Travis as perfect or without fault. I've always agreed that those nasty text messages Travis sent Jodi were inappropriate and should not be excused -- although his reaction is understandable when you understand the context. Demarte does a good job of explaining this, without excusing Travis' behavior.

Compare her approach to Jodi's witnesses.

Minor I agree. I also don't condone the text messages he sent. However, in light of the fact that Travis might have been lacking sophistication in dealing with romantic relationships due to lack of experience I think Travis was sending the mean messages as a way to just finally get rid of Jodi. He obviously did a piss poor job of it but I think that was part of the motivation behind the messages. I truly think he was trying get rid of Jodi but lacked the know how to do it.

I think, but could be wrong because who the heck knows how JW thinks...

But I think she was trying to prove (big huge eye rolley here) that Jodi was in such a fog that she did something that would be considered abnormal - like throw a camera in a washing machine rather than take it with her. Because DD was proving that Jodi actually had a cognitive thought process which is normally absent in a fight/flight situation.... DD was proving that she was NOT in a flight/fight situation because Jodi had the cognitive thought process to 1. delete certain, but not all pictures and 2. attempt to destroy evidence by throwing it in the wash believing the water would destroy the camera and everything on it.

I think DD did well, I only wish she would have been able to thrown in ^^ that information as to WHY Jodi did what she did and how it disproves fight/flight.

Thanks Prima:I understand now

I wish somehow DD could have snuck in her responses that the "unkind" words by Travis were justified based on the behaviors of Jodi.

Ok, yes, Travis said some things that were not nice. But when you GLOBALLY (lol) look at the whole picture, his anger and the words he used were actually very justified. I mean, based on what all Jodi had done, how could he relay his disapproval in any other way? Sometimes unkind words are actually truth.

I would like to know more about the defendants other job of watching the little boy.

We all know that her story telling seems to encompass parts of what may have really happened on June 4th, while mixing it in with all of her lies.

Makes me wonder if this small boy that she was watching is the same boy that she "claims" Travis befriended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple