trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Demarte was good and her information was good as well - I'm glad there was an alternative presented to oppose the PTSD and battered woman diagnoses.

I think her diagnosis was correct and for many reasons beyond the ones that she specifically recited. I think, however, personality disorders are not all neat and clean when it comes to bright line diagnoses - and she could probably fit in other PD categories, or fit within the BPD NOS category, like Samuels found.

I also find it possible that she had some level of PTSD from the brutal ,violent act that she committed -- especially if she was expecting a rather clean shot to the head to do the trick.

I really don't think any of this has to do with finding Jodi guilty or not guilty, however, and even the PTSD is not related to the battered woman syndrome defense - it's just an explanation for her conveniently chunk of memory loss.

Sounds like DrD's worked in Phoenix a number of years, including with convicts. She was probably highly recommended to JM by someone he trusted. Hard to imagine someone better now.

Maybe JM wanted to "highlight" the juxtaposition of age between Dr. D and ALV and Dr. S??

From what I have read about the area where JA lived and the propensity for growing marijuana it does seem odd they would call LE - except that JA probably had other issues, such as hitting her brother on the head with a baseball bat?

MOO

My dad would have called. I've never met a straighter arrow. I remember once as a kid he got $5 too much change at a McDonalds. On the return trip (different route planned) he drove about 70 miles out of his way to return to that same Mickey D's to return the $5 dollars. He freaked me out as a kid, and I certainly never confided in him, but he would have done the same to me. The law is the law is the law.....

Agreed. trauma is trauma. But the juror question seems to indicate at least one juror is thinking the same thing. Trauma is trauma, so why did Dr. S find she had PTSD and you (Dr. D) didn't? Are you saying she could not have or did not experience trauma then?

to which Dr. D answered - correct, trauma is trauma and both a tiger and a bear attack (murder gone awry and DV/self defense could induce trauma and maybe even PTSD. BUT

IF the patient lies about the traumatic event, then the things (nightmares, triggers, etc) are not going to be the same. And JA not only did not avoid triggers for either of those scenarios for her to properly be diagnosed with PTSD because JA sought out chances to be "triggered" by going to memorial, associating and communicating with his family and friends after the murder, writing about TA in her journal post murder, etc etc etc.

She actively sought those things which should be triggers out.

No one suffering PTSD is going to willingly seek out things relating to TA like JA did whether she murdered him or killed him in self defense.

In other words PTSD is not believable to Dr. D no matter what the cause, tigers or bears, lies or truths because of JA's actions afterwards.

ITA!

Someone with PTSD does not ask a friend of Travis' if he would be so kind as take her to Travis' to see THE MURDER SCENE.

IMO, NO PTSD

So HLN After Dark's question tonight: Is JA a danger to society.

I vote yes.

What say you all?

I am still on the fence about the camera. I think she was all in a panic. Things hadn't gone according to plan, there was this huge mess. She is cut, bleeding, there is DNA to be concerned with. She was so superior that she really did not plan for the cleanup involved in a non shower contained death. I think she could have in her panic simply mistakenly dropped the camera in.

Or maybe, she was concerned that people would instantly know it was missing from the scene and think photography - Jodi.

If the camera was purposefully put in the washer I feel it had her blood on it.

I stopped wondering about the reason the camera was in the washer many weeks ago. But I do think JA thought she erased the evidence. As to why she put it in the washer, we will never know, so I quit wasting energy wondering. I also quit wondering about PTSD, BPD, BWS, etc. I don't care if or which. I just want her locked up and forgotten about already. Enough is enough.

And regarding the camera - I think she put it in there on purpose, she deleted the images and threw it in the wash thinking it would break apart. But then I go and think "she took the other items with her", so I think she did it on accident.

Snipped by me for space...
Just jumping off your post here, but I also think she put it in the washer on purpose. Heres why, While Jodi wants to deem herself as a photographer professionally, the evidence I have seen is that she likes to take pictures... but didn't have a really strong photographic eye... While she probably knew somethings about cameras and memory cards such as the basic functions... I think that it was her full belief that once deleted they are deleted. If there was any chance for them to be recovered she thinks, "well, I'll throw it in a wash cycle and it will get destroyed"... I don't think she understood the possibility that someone could get those pictures extracted deleted and waterlogged. They probably had a hard time getting them, I would be that it wasn't a simple technique(I missed that testimony).
So while Jodi took pictures and knew basic things, she didn't realize that detectives have their ways of doing things. She wasn't as smart as she thought she was.

Also, I think she didn't take the camera on purpose because in her interrogation it was immediately said to Flores "Nothing was taken right"? She knew that this camera was a recent purchase that he had made and talked to people about, they found the box and possibly the receipt of it (Unsure) in the office didn't they? The case was also found in the home. If a camera was missing, and Jodi liked to take pictures... well, that would make someone look at her...

These are the reasons why I believe she intentionally left the camera behind.

That being said, if it was really Travis' gun that she took I believe she would of left that behind in the washing machine as well.

I thought Demarte was good and her information was good as well - I'm glad there was an alternative presented to oppose the PTSD and battered woman diagnoses.

I think her diagnosis was correct and for many reasons beyond the ones that she specifically recited. I think, however, personality disorders are not all neat and clean when it comes to bright line diagnoses - and she could probably fit in other PD categories, or fit within the BPD NOS category, like Samuels found.

I also find it possible that she had some level of PTSD from the brutal ,violent act that she committed -- especially if she was expecting a rather clean shot to the head to do the trick.

I really don't think any of this has to do with finding Jodi guilty or not guilty, however, and even the PTSD is not related to the battered woman syndrome defense - it's just an explanation for her conveniently chunk of memory loss.

Hey Minor:

You've likely answered this before, but your post compels me to ask: Do you think JA attempted to shoot TA first?

I'm in the much-maligned "gun first" group, and I also respect your opinion and input very much. TIA. :seeya:

I am not bothered by the PTSD questions. I would be concerned if there were BW questions.

O/T : my 7 year old just stated to my 4 year old "Do you want to watch Kipper? Yes or No?" Cannot make this stuff up.

Don't confuse "some level" of PTSD with some level of being "traumatized". Then again, I don't know what one means by "some level". Taken generally, we all have "some level" of psychosis. We also all have "some level" of arsenic poisoning.

Can you clarify?

My dad would have called. I've never met a straighter arrow. I remember once as a kid he got $5 too much change at a McDonalds. On the return trip (different route planned) he drove about 70 miles out of his way to return to that same Mickey D's to return the $5 dollars. He freaked me out as a kid, and I certainly never confided in him, but he would have done the same to me. The law is the law is the law.....

I agree. This may have been more than just the marijuana, in my opinion, and her father may have felt he had no choice, perhaps to try to straighten her out.

MOO

DrDrew is giving his opinion that Dr. DeMarte is a bit defensive. Huh? I don't think so, not one bit, not at all. What does he have to say about the snarky Jennifer?

who could blame her? (DD)

oh and:

did he examine the test data?

So HLN After Dark's question tonight: Is JA a danger to society.

I vote yes.

What say you all?

Yep. Next person who "rejects" her, at least in her skewed eyes. (Not busting on her strabismus, really!- my lil sis has a lazy eye) I mean skewed in the mental sense.

Don't confuse "some level" of PTSD with some level of being "traumatized". Then again, I don't know what one means by "some level". Taken generally, we all have "some level" of psychosis. We also all have "some level" of arsenic poisoning.

Can you clarify?

I should have said "some level of trauma" - thanks for pointing that out.

ETA: In other words, she was traumatized by it and had some symptoms of an anxiety disorder related to it.

I don't care if JA has or had PTSD

Don't care that she's BPD

Don't care about her mother hitting her with a wooden spoon when she was a young brat.

Just do not care about what went on her life whatsoever.

She brutally slaughtered a man who rejected her. Attempted to clean up the crime scene. Locked the bedroom door after her. Disposed of the murder weapons elsewhere. All consciousness of guilt. She deserves the DP.

Does anyone have a link to JM's re-direct of Dr. Demarte? I can't seem to find it... Thanks!

I don't think she has PTSD....live with one that has it for 30 plus years.....I am...she does not have it. She wanted to view the pictures of Travis...was that her glory?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487