trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no proof that JA stole a ring. Dr. DeMarte probably should have not brought the ring up in her testimony.

She did nothing wrong. She doesn't decide what testimony to allow. The judge does, and she allowed it.

TA had alot of Pre- Paid Legal and Family Home Evening people over at his house. TA had a number of roommates. These were not friends, only roommates. One is Zachary. He had access to the keys for Travis's bedroom. Zachary also said that the front door to Travis' house was never locked. TA had a roommate, John Hepworth who according to I think, Lisa Andrews, moved out suddenly, as TA and Hepworth did not see eye-to-eye. IIRC, another roomate of TA's was permitted to enter TA's bedroom and bathroom to obtain medication that was in TA's medicine chest. JA has admitted to murdering TA but as far as stealing a ring?? Any number of people could have snooped around and stolen the ring, IMO.

Right, just like any number of people could have stolen the grandparents' gun or slashed Travis's tires. :rolleyes:

What is this about Jodi picking up men on the plane ride home from Travis' memorial?

And what is this about Jodi being on a plane? Did she bring fuel tankers with her to make the plane ride back cheaper?

Why didn't she rent a car and use the gas cans to make this long trip to Az for the memorial?

Dr. D testified today that JA exchanged phone numbers with some dude on the airplane on her way home after just attending the Memorial for Travis, then, once she landed wherever, she called the guy

It's been a few years since I went to the DAM but it's there video surveillance there? I know there used to be because of jumpers. I'm sure it was looked into, but I bet she tossed things off there.

Who bets Jodi is drawing a picture of Dr. D with a black eye?

One of the problems of this trial is that lawyers and media have made a false comparison:

Alyce LaViolette is a marriage and family counselor.

Dr. Demarte is a psychologist. Dr. Samuels is a psychologist as well. They are both Ph.D.s but are not medical doctors.

But people seem to try to equate the females for some reason. Their professions are not the same, as Dr. Demarte pointed out early in her testimony.
Well aware of the professions/credentials of ALV, Samuels and DeMarte. I only referenced Alyce because she made extensive use of the words patterns and context in her long, drawn out testimony--and she was only able to see patterns when disparaging Travis.

BBM~ I think she tried to rent a car, but got a flat?

What is this about Jodi picking up men on the plane ride home from Travis' memorial?

And what is this about Jodi being on a plane? Did she bring fuel tankers with her to make the plane ride back cheaper?

Why didn't she rent a car and use the gas cans to make this long trip to Az for the memorial?

I am a bit surprised that the jurors did not have many questions for Dr. JD. Also impressed by her calmness and convincing answers.

Demarte - she just killed the defense witnesses - Agree?

haha...to the "agree?" (Wilmott's fav phrase)---but Demarte certainly seems to show recent scholarship and solid experience.

And honestly, in a case like this, who could the defense get to stand up for this sort of thing?

The claim of self-defense is ludicrous in this case.

:seeya:

Did you see Jodi shaking her head with Dr. D. was talking about the Christmas Tree and showing up unannounced?

also saw a big smile on JA's face when it was brought up, she was proud of that moment. The girl is jus not right in the head.

I am a bit surprised that the jurors did not have many questions for Dr. JD. Also impressed by her calmness and convincing answers.

You should not be surprised that the Jurors didn't have many questions for Dr. D.:seeya:

Great points about how easy it was for her to cut ties/change the rules in her relationship with Darryl. Thought it was interesting that he didn't want his face shown on camera while testifying and it seemed like he still had a soft spot for Jodi. Juan had to pull a few teeth to get him to remember details that had been discussed during pre-trial interviews.

I am not sure if it was a soft spot---OR if she maybe has something she is holding over him. Like some secret to tell his son's mother or the authorities?

BBM~ I think she tried to rent a car, but got a flat?
She flew to the memorial service in Mesa, but was a no-show at Travis's funeral services in Riverside, CA claiming that she had a flat tire. BTW, she asked a mutual friend--Aaron Dewey--if they could take a quick tour to Travis's home before they went to the memorial service. Clearly NOT something a person suffering from PTSD would want to do. During this trip she also went to the Mesa PD to be voluntarily fingerprinted and also provided a saliva sample.

I'm trying to watch part 4 on youtube, catching up, but right now it's stuck.

I'm having some trouble understanding what is going on with the MMPI-2. It seems that Dr. DeMarte doesn't use this test, yet it has been admitted, and she's being rudely cross examined on it.

While going over the different scoring levels, she showed on the graph that JA scored low on the antisocial part.

Does anyone know why she is being cross examined on this test, or even scored it, if she doesn't use it?

JD used the MMPI, but the test scoring automatically produces some results that she doesn't use. She uses the sections that are more standard and scientifically accepted. JW wanted to go over the "restructured clinical scale" and JD told her she doesn't bother with that section.

And how in the heck would JA score low on the antisocial part? This is not the "yes or no" kind of test Doc $ used, IIRC. TIA

JD didn't explain what that category meant exactly, but she has explained when a score is below clinical threshold, you can't use it for anything.

BBM~ She took extreme measures. sneaking in, sleeping under Xmas trees where there are no more beds available, hacking into accounts, sending "whoredom" emails to Travis's potential wife, slashing tires.

BBM

I think Travis was very taken by her initially. She was very charming and very seductive and sexy. I think Travis was swept off his feet at first. Especially if his usual experience was with more modest and chaste women. At first he probably LOVED this exciting experience. And in the 'honeymoon' phase they probably did speak of marriage. I think he was sincere.

But Travis was very social with a wide circle of close friends. His friendships were very important to him. And she did not know how to ingratiate herself with them at all. Quite the opposite.

She flew to the memorial service in Mesa, but was a no-show at Travis's funeral services in Riverside, CA claiming that she had a flat tire.

I'm assuming the spare had a flat too unless she threw the spare out to fit extra gas cans and a case of water in the trunk.

They had several, at least. Reasonable and thoughtful questions. I like these juror questions in trials.

Religious conversions? Jodi had a target. A rich, single, sin-free man. A Mormon boy fit that profile.

A boob job? but imo women who get those use their bodies as a tool.

BBM Elle, I don't post much but when I see comment like this it makes me upset. So are you saying that woman who get a boob job us their bodies as a tool. In which way? I think that's an ignorant statement! MOO

I have counseled with a Counselor in my lifetime. If I ever wanted counseling in the future, I would seek the services of this woman. She is Great!

Yes, hence the license plate flip and removal of the front plate by Ms. Arias.

It's been a few years since I went to the DAM but it's there video surveillance there? I know there used to be because of jumpers. I'm sure it was looked into, but I bet she tossed things off there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop