trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving from last thread because I got shut out!

I am on the fence too. I think it's a good sign there were not a lot of questions but a several were on experience and that is not so good.

The"bear, tiger" question is confusing. I felt like it implies there is a juror who is buying Samuels' claim that even though JA wrote the trauma was a "bear" when it was a "tiger", she answered all subsequent questions with respect to it being a "tiger". That is concerning if someone believes that, but I can kind of see why they might. However, these psych tests are very specific, and a properly trained psychologist would NEVER consider the test valid if that initial untruth was discovered because if the person will lie on that part, what is to say they will not lie on any of the subsequent questions? There is just no way to tell if she was continuing to lie or not, so it becomes an invalid test that cannot be considered. Hopefully there are jurors who can help others understand this.

In contrast, I thought Dr. DeMarte's answer to the question re: stabbing and killing Travis being a traumatic event was fantastic. She clearly explained that of course it could be, but in this case even if it was, it did not lead to PTSD as evidenced by JA's behaviors of seeking out triggers (memorial, journaling re:Travis, irises etc.). I do believe the juror was asking in a snarky kind of way because Dr. DeMarte had testified on cross that that event was not traumatic in her view (in the sense of creating PTSD in JA), and it is hard for any of us to imagine that event not being traumatic given the crime scene photos. But IMO, Dr. DeMarte clarified her position on it very well.

Overall, the questions made me a bit nervous. I sense the jury wishes she had more experience but liked her and the way she presented her findings. IMO JM called this witness to refute Samuels and LaV - their opinions and their lack of professionalism - and to provide a psych diagnosis that makes more sense with the evidence than DV and/or PTSD and removes excuses for JA's killing of Travis. I think now he wants to get into the meat of the premeditation and horror of the crime.

Trying to stay positive!

I really did not see the questions as pro Jodi at all. It is funny how we all hear things differently.
As for the Bear/Tiger question, didn't Dr. Samuels spend significant time telling the jurors there was no need to retake the test because trauma is trauma? I saw that question as a reassurance that that Dr. S is biased.

As for wishing she had more experience, I did not get that either. She was able to explain herself better in a few days than ALV or Dr. S did in the weeks they were on the stand, and they have had more years "experience" than Dr. Demartee has had years alive.

I think a lot of us have become cynical about jurors after the Anthony trial. But IMO a sequestered jury on a high profile case is going to have some not so bright people on it. It would be almost impossible for most average people to give up months and months of their lives to live in a hotel with strangers. I think you are left with the bottom of the jury pool when you have to sequester for so long. OJ Simpson jurors are another example of this to me.

Count me in. She said she bought a gun to go on a camping trip. If she got out or was acquitted, everyone that spoke negatively about her had better watch their backs.

Yeah, and I can't believe the camping story, imo Jodi was preparing to run. No way do I buy she was going on this trip. It was a cover for the run to the border. She used the trip as a reason as to why she had packed up most of her *****.

I cannot believe this jury believes she thought a "logical" response to even her "version" of events with TA on the 4th, justifies her packing up two concealed knives and a concealed gun in her rental car.

Why not just not go if you are that concerned?

The whole thing with "roommates" being in the house for the 4 or 5 days and noticing nothing, especially in June in AZ, will never make sense to me. Plus does seem to me, anyway, the roommates were people TA was trying to get involved in his work, not real friends and to help with the cost...Why at almost 30 yrs old not just buy your own home that is affordable, especially if your wanting to find a woman soon to marry.

Seems like the house was more like a frat house or something. He was a little to old to be doing that.

And just to clarify, yes, I think she is guilty, except the roommate thing bothers me.

The roommate thing has always bothered me too. I think one of my first posts here was asking about the layout of the house.

I never thought anything nefarious about those roommates. I just wondered how they could not have noticed anything wrong, especially when TA left all his cleaning stuff out and and left his dog. I wondered what their routine was before he was murdered. Did they see each other every day? Did they eat together? Share groceries? Maybe this was answered a long time ago...

The housing bubble collapsed, and caught him off guard. He had to take in roommates because he was under water. I sympathize with him because it happened to us and many friends and family too.

His home was affordable and the value was rising which was making him $ at first. But then when the bottom fell out, :panic: Arizona was one of the hardest hit areas in real estate.

TA was concerned about his image and wanted to appear that he had money. Even Flores mentioned to Jodi that Travis liked to act like he had a lot of money. I wouldn't be surprised if TA bought a house he couldn't afford. Not that this is important to the case.

While I admire the prosecutions expert... I don't share her opinion of Jodi. In an effort to fit Jodi into a DSM criteria for a personality disorder.... the blatantly obvious label of "murdering psychopath" gets lost.

Jodi wasn't traumatized in the least from slaughtering Travis. IMO she planned it, remembers it, enjoyed it, and felt he deserved it. She isn't capable of love or remorse.

That's the difference IMO between Jodi and borderline. IMO.

That's the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I believe her to be antisocial, maybe even narcissistic psychopath. I don't think Borderlines go as far as murder.

I did think Dr. DeMarte was an excellent, young and savvy witness! I hope this case furthers her career.

Hubby was bit by a copperhead on his right pinky. He will be in ICU, then move him in to another room tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers. Much appreciated and love you guys.

WOW! Glad you got him in there quick! It's that time of the year, took a 4 ft. gopher snake out of my pond area just 4 days ago which means the Mojave Greens, Diamondbacks, Corals, and the rest of those critters are out. We have emus and peacocks that help keep most off the property, but they do slither here and there.

Has Martinez ever agreed to a murder 1 with LWOP in a death penalty case?

I assumed that he got the property and took in room mates rather than live alone (aka make money). My kids father lived in that area and had to do the same thing around the exact same time. Mesa was hit rather hard. I should ask him if he knew of this, there's no way he didn't. I don't know why I didn't think of that... his mother is a politician in Mesa!

All that talking makes a person thirsty!

It does. When I teach summer courses I lecture for two hours at a time, with a short break in the middle. I go through a lot of water during that time. There s nothing unusual about her drinking water.

the fact that they are guys and in and out and one living mostly with his Gf ade sense.. but they DID note the smell.. they just did not go up to figure out what it was. Have you seen the police report? The one roommate noticed a lot of different things including that the dog gate was blocking the stairs.

And they said they did not notice a strong smell until the last day. That makes sense too.

Agreed. I believe her to be antisocial, maybe even narcissistic psychopath. I don't think Borderlines go as far as murder.

I did think Dr. DeMarte was an excellent, young and savvy witness! I hope this case furthers her career.

I can tell you first hand as a borderline person - we don't go as far as murder, we usually self harm (be it cutting, drugs or bad relationships). Murder is unusual for anyone and not specific to one disorder.

Still catching up on today's testimony, I'm at about 15 min. into after the lunch break.

Is it just me or does JW seem very condescending when she questions DJD? I can't stand the way she talks to her (DJD), the tone, the verbiage, etc... I couldn't put my finger on what it was until now.

Hubby was bit by a copperhead on his right pinky. He will be in ICU, then move him in to another room tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers. Much appreciated and love you guys.

I have been praying for him Tulessa, was even a bit panicked because we hadn't heard back, although of course I know you were busy with the crisis. Thanks for updating us. You know the prayers will continue till he is back at home and all recovered. Many many hugs because you are one of the sweetest and gentlest WS members and are so dear to so many of us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthPA