trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM~ She had that covered. She got lost on the way to Ryan B.

OK I'm confused. Why did Jodi fill up the gas cans AFTER she killed Travis? What did she do with that gas? Wouldn't she want to fill the cans BEFORE going into AZ instead of after she left AZ? How is this going to help her conceal her trip to MESA when the rental car is going to show an extra 1,000 miles? I don't get it. I think she may be smarter than me and maybe nothing we think is fact is what it seems.

I have no doubt he could have thought of something...

KN: "Yes, when you say that register wasn't operating that day do you mean you were unwilling to have sex?"

Yes. The Walmart and Tesoro testimonies really put a damper on his parade, didn't they!?

ETA - "And while you were downloading the cashier data, did anyone call YOU a *advertiser censored*, a *advertiser censored*, THREE-HOLE-WONDER?" Don't you know he was just dying to ask the Walmart rep those questions?

moo

Maybe that is her attempt as his sneer?? If so, not so good. It is the bottom half of his face that bothers me. It narrows so sharply from the mid face to chin... weird.
Could it be Stephen Alexander's sneer?

She did one of Lucille Ball, one of my personal favorite women, errgh! And it's also "off" like this one...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Yep, but my theory is that's because she's drawing her face and simply superimposing characteristics of her "subjects" onto that puss of hers. Check out the cheekbones. Same wide structure. She's so in love with herself that she paints herself even when she's looking at someone else. Classic narcissist.

:cow:

OK I'm confused. Why did Jodi fill up the gas cans AFTER she killed Travis? What did she do with that gas? Wouldn't she want to fill the cans BEFORE going into AZ instead of after she left AZ? How is this going to help her conceal her trip to MESA when the rental car is going to show an extra 1,000 miles? I don't get it. I think she may be smarter than me and maybe nothing we think is fact is what it seems.

She did fill them along with her car in Pasadena so she had no reason to stop in Arizona for gas. That got her to and out of Arizona . The gas in SLC was to cover her story of having gas cans in case she got lost. She was just covering her premeditated plan story. I think, who knows.

Heard Beth Karas say that Dr. Horn is among three State witnesses the defense team wants to keep off the stand during rebuttal. How dare they! ;)

What grounds would they have to keep Dr. Horn off the stand?! He's a medical professional who has already testified. JM is well within his rights to recall him.

Geez are they desperate. :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Yep, but my theory is that's because she's drawing her face and simply superimposing characteristics of her "subjects" onto that puss of hers. Check out the cheekbones. Same wide structure. She's so in love with herself that she paints herself even when she's looking at someone else. Classic narcissist.

Exactly. She always draws her own eyes.

This is where I have to LOL at JA thinking she's as smart as Einstein.

She thinks if she has the TWO receipts, the DA will accept that as fact. But she FORGOT or just DID NOT THINK about the bank statement! WHICH showed THREE purchases of gas!:confused: That's like a DUH! moment for me with regard to JA.

LOL, of course it seems her DT didn't think of the BANK STATEMENT either and were surprised!:panic:

Yeah, it's funny,:jail:

JMHO
fran

:floorlaugh:

IMO the DT didn't even look because the "less they know the better". However, that just bites them in the butt later, like today.

This is where I have to LOL at JA thinking she's as smart as Einstein.

She thinks if she has the TWO receipts, the DA will accept that as fact. But she FORGOT or just DID NOT THINK about the bank statement! WHICH showed THREE purchases of gas!:confused: That's like a DUH! moment for me with regard to JA.

LOL, of course it seems her DT didn't think of the BANK STATEMENT either and were surprised!:panic:

Yeah, it's funny,:jail:

JMHO
fran

:floorlaugh:

Fran - If you go back and look at her expression when JM pulls out the bank records of her credit card purchases, she totally has a DUH (WTF) moment! It's priceless!

[video=youtube;c7anECy6Tyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7anECy6Tyo[/video]

moo

Wasn't Jodi in SLC to visit RB anyways? Moot point, just sayin'.

She went inside to pay with cash when the 3rd credit card transaction failed at the pump.. I think?

NO. ALL 3 purchases (car and 2 gas cans + 1 more 5 gallon fill) are on the cc. Proven in court with Tesoro testimony per her 2 saved receipts and 1 cc transaction that showed up on her statement.

She paid twice at the pump with her credit card, however, for the third transaction (as a fraud/security measure) she had to go inside to pay for it and show ID.

It's not a matter of proving she was in Utah, it was to show she had the third gas can which she testified she had returned to WalMart.

:)
Exactly, her SLC gas purchases (in gallons) added up to more than would be required to fill up the rental car and two five-gallon gas cans. Ergo, she filled the third gas can with the remaining 4+ gallons.

I have no doubt he could have thought of something...

KN: "Yes, when you say that register wasn't operating that day do you mean you were unwilling to have sex?"

:silly:

"And how did that make you feel?"

Sealed only means sealed from the public records - Juan gets to see it, and use it.
And WE can see it when and if it's unsealed after the trial is over.

can somebody please help me. I am on a nook . Every time I try to go to the main thread and get somewhere, the only thing I see the new link for add tracking.com.

I cannot get to the links from the main page it keeps trying to throw up advertising. It will not let me drill.

I have just come to my smartphone to try to even post a message here. Does anybody else have the same problem.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

She did fill them along with her car in Pasadena so she had no reason to stop in Arizona for gas. That got her to and out of Arizona . The gas in SLC was to cover her story of having gas cans in case she got lost. She was just covering her premeditated plan story. I think, who knows.
I actually think she filled the cans in SLC because gas was cheaper in Utah than California. Do we know whether she filled the tank before returning the rental car?

Yes... Even worse than those Elvis paintings on velvet! :what:

Ha! That reminds me of a bar in Houston we used to go to called The Velvet Elvis. The bartender gave me one of the paintings--it was so awful it was awesome!:floorlaugh:

yes, and YES!

So odd..they are all the same, except the ones that are Travis; sister.
I think she may be over JW..she took off her glasses, and drank water at the same time as Deanna. The mimicing is disturbing...

For the last 20 years or so I've hired outside counsel to handle litigation for our multinational company. I've never hired any lawyer who behaved like either of these two. Nurmi makes such a bad impression with his sloppy manner and lethargic questioning and Wilmott with her giggly, snarky demeanor. The people I hire are serious and are careful of the impression they make on a jury or judge. Maybe it's just different with criminal cases but I've been in court for those too, mostly in federal court when there are serious financial crimes and we're either a vcitim or a potential source of compensation for people victimized by one of our customers so I've seen some pretty impressive federal prosecutors and defense attorneys primarily in Boston and New York. But I've also hired great attorneys in the backwoods of Vermont and NH.

Really, Nurmi and Wilmott know they're on TV and getting all kinds of attention and yet neither acts like they have the slighest clue as to the effect of their presentation on the jury. Just the number of days Nurmi kept Jodi on the stand and Wilmott with ALV. To me, that just shows a lack of respect for the jury. There was no need for this trial to be 1/4 this long. I've actually been stunned by this trial. At least I see Juan as a normal attorney, puts on his case, gets the testimony he needs and calls it a day.

I really don't get these defense attorneys-are they desperate for money, want to be on TV longer than Bonanza, just what is it that makes them think the neverending testimony they are eliciting, 98% of which is irrelevant anyway, is going to have a positive effect on the only audience that matters, the jury.

I do think they just really want a mistrial and they have no problem making this trial go on and on and on and on until they hopefully lose enough jurors that the case can't continue. I keep fearing they're just getting warmed up on that front. I have not seen the judge, except for very recently, seem to exert any pressure on the DT to move this trial along. And that is a legitimate concern for the court. It has to move along and actually END sometime before all the parties invovled die a natural death. Maybe this is normal in AZ but it sure ain't in NY or Boston. I can just imagine how Nurmi and Wilmott would be dealt with by some of the crusty old judges I've known over the years. Makes me smile a little...

I'm bringing this post over in order to reply.

Hi gitana!

You have my interest peeked now.:) Which defense team is worse than this one?

I have been watching trials for over two decades. I have seen many defense attorneys that I liked and thought they put on a great case. I don't think I've ever seen one like this where the DT has asked for so many side bars or has objected as much or ones who have filed such frivolous motions ad nauseum...not even in a death penalty case.

I don't think I've ever seen a defense team quite as slow and laborious either. I cant even remember a defense CIC that took as long as this one and half of it could have been omitted because so much of it was repetitive. Imo, it reeks of wanting to milk the taxpayers dry because they both know they will never have a case like this one again.

I truly have cringed watching the defense witnesses and the defense lawyer asking the questions. I admit that it got so boring a lot of times in the defense CIC that I tuned a lot of it out. I just couldn't pay attention and that is not like me.

If they are doing a good job then I hope I never have to see another DT like them. They are absolutely the most boring team I have ever witnessed. Never mind that they have been repulsive, snarky, and condescending during many of their cross examinations even when it hasn't been necessary. Nurmi comes across as fixated on sex.

I have found it ironic that some have complained about Juan's demeanor yet the DT has shown far worse behavior, imo.

IMO

What grounds would they have to keep Dr. Horn off the stand?! He's a medical professional who has already testified. JM is well within his rights to recall him.

Geez are they desperate. :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Yes...I bet he has an opinion on Jodi's testimony that Travis was screaming threats, chasing her and somehow sustaining defensive wounds in a knife attack AFTER being shot through his frontal lobe.

I'm only about 15 min. into Nurmi's cross of Deanna Reed.... but OMG does this guy know what he's doing???? He seems horribly incompetent.

KN asks a lot of questions he doesn't already know the answer to. He's just fishing around, hoping for something. It's lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo