trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only about 15 min. into Nurmi's cross of Deanna Reed.... but OMG does this guy know what he's doing???? He seems horribly incompetent.

Why is his upper lip crooked? He looks like he has Bell's Palsy.

Maybe that is her attempt as his sneer?? If so, not so good. It is the bottom half of his face that bothers me. It narrows so sharply from the mid face to chin... weird.

You are exactly right! The witness, Ms. Young, also made it clear that not only were all 3 purchases for gas but they were all made using a credit card. I guess Mr. Nurmi got stupid confused because the testimony involved gasoline and not some kind of sex talk. MOO LOL

Perhaps that is why he didn't question the WalMart witness...no sexual inferences to be found???

:floorlaugh:

My theory is that she knew she would have to explain why she borrowed at least two of the gas cans (in her mind she didn't think they would track down the third purchase)....plus she was already behind schedule getting back to Yreka for work and dropping the rental car off.
p.s. she did fill them up before Mesa also.

Yes she had three separate gas purchases in Pasadena on June 3

States Exhibit #237.011, ARCO Pasadena CA, 6/03/08 08:42pm, Fuel 8.301 @ 4.169 gal, Unlead 87 $34.61, Trans fee $0.45, Total $35.06, Debit Acct # 2015

States Exhibit #237.012, ARCO Pasadena CA, 6/3/08, 20:46:50, Fuel 9.594 @ 4.169 gal $40.00, Initial Pmt $40.00, PrePay Dep $40.00

States Exhibit #237.013, Duplicate ARCO Pasadena CA, Fuel 2.774 @4.169 gal $11.56, PrePay Deposit $20.00, Change $8.44

Most likely she topped off her car with the 8,3, then filled up 2 cans with 9.59 and put 2.77 in one of Daryl's that must have been half full when she borrowed it

Having to refill all of these also means she did use them after she killed Travis so she didn't stop anywhere in Arizona

You're not wrong. Jodi accuses Travis of breaking the "Law of Chastity" and how an** and oral sex is ok. Yeah right! Nice try Jodi.

But, hey Ms. Arias, you knowingly broke the Law of Chastity too. It takes 2 to tango and Jodi is just as much as a so-called sinner as Travis.

Not only a sinner...it makes her less than an Einstein. I mean come on really. They almost didn't let her join the church because she lived under the same roof as DB. Also her comment to Det. Flores (which I know the jury hasn't seen) that the bible does not say "Thou shalt not fornicate" tells me she was the one figuring out a way around the law of chastity. Not Travis.

I just wanted to share one of Jodi's masterpieces with everyone:

I mean, is this a joke or something?

It is strange that when I compare her horse drawing with some of the person drawings, they have somewhat the same eyes and facial structure. Seems she is a bit of a Jodi-one-note with her artwork... Maybe I need to have my glasses checked...

I just wanted to share one of Jodi's masterpieces with everyone:

I mean, is this a joke or something?

Lol!! Seriously...this gives me the creeps!!! I wish there was some legal recourse and/or protection for Travis' siblings to keep JA from using their likeness for her art!!! ....and the fact that she is using their likeness and SELLING really gets me worried.... Think about the type of person who is buying this amateur jail art....scary! I wouldn't want them to have a picture of my family members!!

I wanted to add, that I know this isn't a picture of one of TA's family members... But your post reminded me of some of JA's other "new limited releases" on her "art portfolio...showcase" website...lol! There is one of Tanisha that bothered me b/c I thought about how she must feel about it....poor girl!

My theory is that she knew she would have to explain why she borrowed at least two of the gas cans (in her mind she didn't think they would track down the third purchase)....plus she was already behind schedule getting back to Yreka for work and dropping the rental car off.
p.s. she did fill them up before Mesa also.

Yeah. I think it was for good measure. It was a killer's way of dotting her I's and crossing all her T's because she KNEW they would dissect her every move during that period of time.
She wanted to show whoever was going to look back, how she used the gas cans for good/innocent and not evil/conniving.

Is Holly Hughes the one that dresses like Lola Falana? With the flares all the way to the ground? I always feel like I'm having a stroke and just flashed back to the Sonny and Cher show.

Hello, he is fine. I first confused my crush on Juan to hub, then Doc H testified and I admited to a certain tingle, and finally I copped to my girl crush on Doc D. My husband says I'm just a *@$& for the prosecution.:floorlaugh:
Heard Beth Karas say that Dr. Horn is among three State witnesses the defense team wants to keep off the stand during rebuttal. How dare they! ;)

Wasn't Jodi in SLC to visit RB anyways? Moot point, just sayin'.

She went inside to pay with cash when the 3rd credit card transaction failed at the pump.. I think?

She paid twice at the pump with her credit card, however, for the third transaction (as a fraud/security measure) she had to go inside to pay for it and show ID.

It's not a matter of proving she was in Utah, it was to show she had the third gas can which she testified she had returned to WalMart.

:)

OK I'm confused. Why did Jodi fill up the gas cans AFTER she killed Travis? What did she do with that gas? Wouldn't she want to fill the cans BEFORE going into AZ instead of after she left AZ? How is this going to help her conceal her trip to MESA when the rental car is going to show an extra 1,000 miles? I don't get it. I think she may be smarter than me and maybe nothing we think is fact is what it seems.

She filled up car/3 gas cans in Pasadena, CA ($80) before the trip to AZ. She used that gas to get to Mesa and away from Mesa to Utah. Filled up car/3 gas cans again to get back home to CA from SLC.

BBM~ IMO Travis did a load of laundry (sheets) after they had sex.

<snip>
As far as the camera and the washer, she clearly deleted only the damning photo evidence that she was there and then further tried to destroy evidence by washing away DNA and blood on the camera. Notice how JA didn't bleach the sheets. She only bleached items that would have had blood on them. As far as her leaving the camera behind, I think it's logical to assume she was planning on putting the camera back in its case but got spooked. Possibly the roommate came home and she didn't have time to retrieve the bleached items from the washer.

Rock on, prosecution!!

Perhaps that is why he didn't question the WalMart witness...no sexual inferences to be found???

I have no doubt he could have thought of something...

KN: "Yes, when you say that register wasn't operating that day do you mean you were unwilling to have sex?"

I agree. And I think the only reason she didn't use cash was because she had no cash.

This is where I have to LOL at JA thinking she's as smart as Einstein.

She thinks if she has the TWO receipts, the DA will accept that as fact. But she FORGOT or just DID NOT THINK about the bank statement! WHICH showed THREE purchases of gas!:confused: That's like a DUH! moment for me with regard to JA.

LOL, of course it seems her DT didn't think of the BANK STATEMENT either and were surprised!:panic:

Yeah, it's funny,:jail:

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics