trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is strange that when I compare her horse drawing with some of the person drawings, they have somewhat the same eyes and facial structure. Seems she is a bit of a Jodi-one-note with her artwork... Maybe I need to have my glasses checked...

The eyes all look the same on her etchings... Flat and soul-less ...like her...

It reminds me of the film "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" where the eyes of all the subjects an artist paints look like one person who he is enamored with...

JA is enamored with herself...

JMO

can somebody please help me. I am on a nook . Every time I try to go to the main thread and get somewhere, the only thing I see the new link for add tracking.com.

I cannot get to the links from the main page it keeps trying to throw up advertising. It will not let me drill.

I have just come to my smartphone to try to even post a message here. Does anybody else have the same problem.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
I'm not having problems right now and if I did I dont think I would know how to fix them other then shut all the way down and then turn back on, its hard being on here with a nook.

Wasn't Jodi in SLC to visit RB anyways? Moot point, just sayin'.

She went inside to pay with cash when the 3rd credit card transaction failed at the pump.. I think?

Jodi initially denied being in SLC to Juan on cross. She finally relented by saying she was "in the vicinity" and did not admit to getting gas there until he produced the Tesoro receipt.

She had to pay inside after 3rd swipe at the pump forced her to go inside to pay with her credit card. The Tesoro rep testified today that that is part of fraud protection--only 2 swipes at pump. She didn't pay cash inside--it's on her credit card. She lied about it all.

NO. ALL 3 purchases (car and 2 gas cans + 1 more 5 gallon fill) are on the cc. Proven in court with Tesoro testimony per her 2 saved receipts and 1 cc transaction that showed up on her statement.

I was on the floor laughing when Nurmi brought up about the cash being one exemption.

I was like what are you doing dude, are you trying to say she had four gas cans! What he was trying to prove

I will never know.

unless someone here can explain to me.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I think if I see that ugly Elvis pic one more time on here, I'm not sure who's gonna scream louder, Elvis or me!

Whatever. It was worrisome. I've been kind of concerned ever since. Luckily, you seem to wish to use your powers for good.

Unless you're a zombie turkey or a slimy defense lawyer...if that's the case--

:D I cant make any promises...

Jodi initially denied being in SLC to Juan on cross. She finally relented by saying she was "in the vicinity" and did not admit to getting gas there until he produced the Tesoro receipt.

She had to pay inside after 3rd swipe at the pump forced her to go inside to pay with her credit card. The Tesoro rep testified today that that is part of fraud protection--only 2 swipes at pump. She didn't pay cash inside--it's on her credit card. She lied about it all.

EXACTLY. She even denied being in SLC! Why? That was beyond bizarre given that she'd saved two of the three receipts!

moo

BBM~ IMO Travis did a load of laundry (sheets) after they had sex.

Elle, I haven't had a chance to go back, but I SWEAR when she was testifying she said Travis and she took the bedsheets to the washer after they had sex. (which of course is a lie)

Watching this always makes me feel better after a long day of frustration over this trial. Seeing how much he lived and loved life is refreshing after all the negativity. I love this video.

[video=youtube;ZHT5ii-lLmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHT5ii-lLmI[/video]

:rocker: Thanks panthera! It was a 360 Juan delivered for sure!

The best today was the walmart girl (Amanda) correcting Juan with S-K-E-W... on my, did I :floorlaugh:

She paid twice at the pump with her credit card, however, for the third transaction (as a fraud/security measure) she had to go inside to pay for it and show ID.

It's not a matter of proving she was in Utah, it was to show she had the third gas can which she testified she had returned to WalMart.

:)

Hey MaryAnn!
:seeya:
Stanly County...lolol

Hi Stanly! I keep meaning to ask Wolfpack Fan if he/she's from NC. I know there is another NCAA team with the same mascot, so I'm not sure.

KN asks a lot of questions he doesn't already know the answer to. He's just fishing around, hoping for something. It's lame.

He's fishing for opportunities to insert "three-hole-wonder" wherever he can...:floorlaugh: He's stuck. Arrested development. That's where he thought things would turn around and he's not budging. Every witness that turns up, he looks for his opportunity to ask about the "three-hole-wonder". It's debasing. Maybe he likes it?

lol

moo

Did she get gas in Nevada? She must've to get from Mesa to SLC?

She filled up car/3 gas cans in Pasadena, CA ($80) before the trip to AZ. She used that gas to get to Mesa and away from Mesa to Utah. Filled up car/3 gas cans again to get back home to CA from SLC.

:rocker: Thanks panthera! It was a 360 Juan delivered for sure!

The best today was the walmart girl (Amanda) correcting Juan with S-K-E-W... on my, did I :floorlaugh:

I know the Walmart girl has to know what she's talking about, but why is it when we look at those codes, it actually does say SKU?

Lol..Nurmi got the "dirty work" jobs on his team for sure

Martinez: "In this case, how many transactions for gas was there?"

Young: "Three."

Martinez: "And there was initially Exhibit 237.016, how many gallons of gas were purchased?"

Young: "Ten gallons, 10.672 gallons."

Martinez: "And then the next one was 5.0 gallons correct?"

Young: "Correct."
ne
Martinez: "Or approximately. And the last one 237.017 was how many gallons?"

Young: 9.583.

Sounds like she filled the car.-end
Filled one can.-end
then filled the other two.-end

It is strange that when I compare her horse drawing with some of the person drawings, they have somewhat the same eyes and facial structure. Seems she is a bit of a Jodi-one-note with her artwork... Maybe I need to have my glasses checked...

Her art has no depth.

For the last 20 years or so I've hired outside counsel to handle litigation for our multinational company. I've never hired any lawyer who behaved like either of these two. Nurmi makes such a bad impression with his sloppy manner and lethargic questioning and Wilmott with her giggly, snarky demeanor. The people I hire are serious and are careful of the impression they make on a jury or judge. Maybe it's just different with criminal cases but I've been in court for those too, mostly in federal court when there are serious financial crimes and we're either a vcitim or a potential source of compensation for people victimized by one of our customers so I've seen some pretty impressive federal prosecutors and defense attorneys primarily in Boston and New York. But I've also hired great attorneys in the backwoods of Vermont and NH.

Really, Nurmi and Wilmott know they're on TV and getting all kinds of attention and yet neither acts like they have the slighest clue as to the effect of their presentation on the jury. Just the number of days Nurmi kept Jodi on the stand and Wilmott with ALV. To me, that just shows a lack of respect for the jury. There was no need for this trial to be 1/4 this long. I've actually been stunned by this trial. At least I see Juan as a normal attorney, puts on his case, gets the testimony he needs and calls it a day.

I really don't get these defense attorneys-are they desperate for money, want to be on TV longer than Bonanza, just what is it that makes them think the neverending testimony they are eliciting, 98% of which is irrelevant anyway, is going to have a positive effect on the only audience that matters, the jury.

I do think they just really want a mistrial and they have no problem making this trial go on and on and on and on until they hopefully lose enough jurors that the case can't continue. I keep fearing they're just getting warmed up on that front. I have not seen the judge, except for very recently, seem to exert any pressure on the DT to move this trial along. And that is a legitimate concern for the court. It has to move along and actually END sometime before all the parties invovled die a natural death. Maybe this is normal in AZ but it sure ain't in NY or Boston. I can just imagine how Nurmi and Wilmott would be dealt with by some of the crusty old judges I've known over the years. Makes me smile a little...

ITA. I don't understand Willmott's attitude in court. She seems to strut around, huddle and whisper to Jodi like a school girl, smirk, sigh, roll her eyes, stomp up to the bench, make exasperated clucking and tsking noises, and use such a grating, shrill and unpleasant snarky tone when questioning witnesses. I see her as the polar opposite of professional. I can only surmise that she is not very mature--I can't think of any other possible reason for her behavior. And I've tried! Nurmi--well, that on is obvious. :floorlaugh:

I have to say that I am mystified at this team's strategy.

Did she get gas in Nevada? She must've to get from Mesa to SLC?

Winnemucca, Nevada

Arias spends $49.91 on gas at a Flying J Travel Plaza. She also spends $4.90 on other items. There is no time stamp on the receipts for these purchases.

Sparks, Nevada

At 10:34 a.m., Arias buys gas at a 7-Eleven. It is not clear how much gas she bought. She also makes two purchases at an In-N-Out Burger at 10:38 and 10:43 a.m.

June 7, 2008:

Redding, California

At 12:20 p.m., Arias buys gas at a Valero.

At 1:08 p.m., Arias returns her rental car. She originally planned to return the car on Friday, June 6 at 8 a.m. Some time during the week, she apparently extended her rental until 9:30 a.m. Saturday, June 7. The rental agent testified that the car appeared to have "Kool-Aid" stains on the passenger seat and back seat and all the floor mats were gone.

In all, Arias traveled 2,834 miles.

He's fishing for opportunities to insert "three-hole-wonder" wherever he can...:floorlaugh: He's stuck. Arrested development. That's where he thought things would turn around and he's not budging. Every witness that turns up, he looks for his opportunity to ask about the "three-hole-wonder". It's debasing. Maybe he likes it?

lol

moo

Ya, that will never be enough to overcome 27 stab wounds, gunshot to the head and throat slit ear to ear, :banghead:

She did fill them along with her car in Pasadena so she had no reason to stop in Arizona for gas. That got her to and out of Arizona . The gas in SLC was to cover her story of having gas cans in case she got lost. She was just covering her premeditated plan story. I think, who knows.

Also, she may have wanted to use the gas from the cans to burn evidence, and never thought anybody (even investigators) would be able to distinguish between gas going into a can and gas going into a car. Her bad for saving receipts that showed three separate gas transactions, which just happened to match what would fit into a gas can.

Those sweat pants in the crime scene photo - they were never found at the house, were they? They weren't in the washer or dryer. It seems to me that JA packed what she was going to take - clothes, gun, etc. and bleached or washed what was going to stay. When they showed the sweat pants in court, I don't remember seeing a line on the side of the sweats that were in the washer or dryer - they were different I think. Despite JA saying she drove off in bare feet, her shoes weren't found either. Somewhere along the line, JA got rid of a lot of evidence. Possibly, she burned everything in a deserted area and needed gas cans to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth