trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My granddaughter came home safe and sound. Whew.. Thanks to everyone for your support. What a day... She had to break up with her bf over his behavior, stayed over at a casual friend's house and then overslept. We located her through a Facebook notice, and some help from the Sheriff's Office. She came home in tears and feels pretty guilty for causing everyone distress.
So again, thank you all so much for your support. :seeya:

THANK YOU GOD! I prayed for all of you and am SOOOOO thankful it worked out the way it has. It is so scary when this happens, esp because all of us on these boards know it isn't always something so innocent.
Hugs to you all!

Dr. Horn reappearance is a no brainer - lots to rebut following JA's testimony, especially re what TA supposedly did after the gunshot.

Suzie Dittman is a fraud investigator at J P. Morgan Chase. What could she rebut in the defense case? ALV/JA's claim that Travis was borrowing money from a lot of people, including JA? Jodi's claim that he was very upset in the spring about possibly losing his house? Dittman specializes in retail fraud. Could it have to do with JA stealing from her employer? Bogus PPL filings? If proof existed that Jodi had stolen from TA's bank accounts wouldn't that have come in during the prosecution case in chief rather than in rebuttal?

It didn't happen.

We have a liar who bought a gas can she didn't return that day, even though she lied and said she did. Can't be that hard for people to understand.

So why are people trying to fabricate a special case where every item ever returned to WMT store #2458 on June 3, 2008 can be accounted for, but somehow JA was able to buy a can (we have the record) and then go completely off the grid to return it, fooling everyone in the store, and especially the idiot who gave her the money without getting the can in return?

Trust me, that associate would have been coached and possibly given a "Decision Day".

Don't feel too badly for him, though.

Because it didn't happen.

Oh, but remember ....with "Jodi" (she's special) things like that happen for her all the time...we're supposed to believe that her life is just one big series of unbelievable, odd circumstances and coincidences!! ;0)

I don't believe much of what Jodi says, but I do believe they had sex. Sex was her currency with Travis, she knew it and she used it to her advantage that day. It excited her and fueled her murderous rage. Having sex with Travis one last time before she murdered him probably turned her on. If she couldn't have him, then no one else could. She made sure of it.

I agree that "sex was her currency with Travis". I think somewhere deep inside of that soulless person, JA knows that too. That is why hearing about the depth of Travis' relationship with Deana was so hard for her. She wanted to pretend she wasn't listening, but you could see her eyebrows move, or a smirk form when certain things were said.

Active docket calendar for this trial over past few days:

AprDocket_zps7c064ff1.jpg
First Juan objects to the surrebuttal, then he asks for his testimony - I don't like that. Does that mean he was overruled in his objection, and the surrebuttal is a go?

P.S. Thanks for the information.

I think so too. I've believed all along that she tortured him. He did not look normal in the pics of him on his bed, at all, imo. And those pics of her, Ha!, how obvious. Then she left, (so he thought), then returned and "finished" what she had planned all along. jmo :(

I did not and will not look at the "bed" pics.

Watching a rerun of NG. They are showing the part where Nurmi is asking Deanna those awful questions about sex. It's horrible, and even worse the second time around hearing it. I felt so bad for Deanna, although she held strong! I wonder why Juan didn't object to the way the questions were asked?

I think, or hope, Martinez prepped Deanna, so she knew what to expect from Nurmi, that allowed Nurmi, single-handedly, to run the Jodi-train off the rails, blow it up, and all of its passengers as well. JMO

I don't believe much of what Jodi says, but I do believe they had sex. Sex was her currency with Travis, she knew it and she used it to her advantage that day. It excited her and fueled her murderous rage. Having sex with Travis one last time before she murdered him probably turned her on. If she couldn't have him, then no one else could. She made sure of it.

To me it makes no sense for Travis to have had sex with Jodi on the day he died. He was done with her. He told her he was done with her. It appears he even refused to answer her calls after his last two phone calls with her on 6/2/08. Jodi tried at least 4 times to call him on 6/3/08 and all of those calls where under 3 mins, some even lasting no longer than a few seconds. Travis was more than able to have sex with other women without having to go to Jodi for it. I also simply do not believe anything that Jodi claims to be true.

MOO

I wished they'd delved into voids. I don't think it's possible, but could there have been a void?

I have had same day returns before and I have gotten cash, but the charge stayed on my credit card. I don't EVER think that's happened where the people didn't write all over my receipt though. I believe i've had this happen at smaller businesses, with the cash thing. Not walmart. If you don't have a receipt, walmart will give you a gift card to use to buy more stuff later. But I believe you get print outs with that, as well.

I figured the defense would go that route or go the void route. I was surprised they didn't try something. Why do you think they didn't even bother to question the Walmart thing?

Strangely, I saw some people on youtube defending Jodi up and down about how this return could still be possible. It was very surreal.

I guess those defending JA are part of her warped fan club.

JA didn't purchase the gas can with her credit card. She paid cash for the can, hair dye, etc. because this was part of her premeditated plan to kill him. She didn't want those items documented on her credit card.

JA had already testified that she received a cash refund and LE retrieved that receipt, so there was nothing for Nurmi to say to defend it.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question about the void route. Did that make sense?

No voids as a register would have been short money, ( follow me here ) if you void something out and refund money your drawer would be short.

Assuming it's not the same register, right? The charge would still be there on the credit card slip. That's why I asked if they could go through the voids. If a void and a charge equals out the drawer, then there's the money, right?

Like I stated before, I've had this happen when I've returned to small businesses the same day with a return or maybe they charged me for two things and I only got one of the thing. Like two packs of gum, but I only got one. Then they'd give me the money back for one of the packs but 2 packs still stay on my credit card. I don't know how it works; I just know it's happened.

Catholicism, Judaism, Protestantism all encourage to not have sex until after marriage.

Why is there is much focus from this defense on having sex before marriage?

It seems strange to me - again, especially since Jewish beliefs, Catholic beliefs, and Protestant Church beliefs all state: DO NOT HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.

This defense is behaving as though The Church of Jesus christ of Latter day Saints Mormons is the only church with the ideology to not have sex before marriage.

Travis Alexander, I feel, was a lost soul on Earth - he did not have the protection, love, and grounding that mothers and fathers provide. I'm sure that if Travis Alexander had a mother and father that they would have encouraged him to marry Deanna Reid - as it is clear that Deanna Reid would make an excellent wife, mother, and life partner.

I feel so bad for Travis Alexander - and now Deanna Reid. Again - why is this defense concentrating on "sex before marriage?" This is not an unusual or odd teaching of almost all religions.

What religion affiliation does this defense have to behave as though "breaking" not having sex before marriage as such a novel / scandalous event?

Dr. Horn reappearance is a no brainer - lots to rebut following JA's testimony, especially re what TA supposedly did after the gunshot.

Suzie Dittman is a fraud investigator at J P. Morgan Chase. What could she rebut in the defense case? ALV/JA's claim that Travis was borrowing money from a lot of people, including JA? Jodi's claim that he was very upset in the spring about possibly losing his house? Dittman specializes in retail fraud. Could it have to do with JA stealing from her employer? Bogus PPL filings? If proof existed that Jodi had stolen from TA's bank accounts wouldn't that have come in during the prosecution case in chief rather than in rebuttal?
Remember all the "loans" from JA to Travis??? Maybe they are as imaginary as the rope!

My favorite part of Deanna's testimony was when she and TA broke up ..he cried and so did she. It was incredibly touching. I thought this statement really showed The TA that we all care so much for.

That is the exact thing I brought up to hubby when we heard that Deanna had gone to Costa Rica. Very odd that she named a guy with Travis' middle name and her own last name. Reminded me of CA and her made up friends that just happened to have common names with people she knew/met/saw on tv or in movies.

OMG, the more I think about this and her so called trip to Costa Rica, the more it gives me the creeps... I'm thinking that it never happened, that she made it up. Where's the proof, do those people even exist? I really have my doubts. She could have taken off anywhere, and her parents would never have known where she went, according to her and her lifestyle. She was a freak then, she's a freak now.

I don't believe Judge Perry held court in other cases while trying ms. amferny. But I could be wrong -- I don't recall him taking many days off!

MOO

Mel

I don't know if it was "cases" but he did have other official matters to attend to and it was mentioned often. :seeya:

I'm a woman and I had knives ALL over the house when I ran an ebay business. I had to cut and open boxes, and who the heck knows what else. My boyfriend at the time was quite concerned because everywhere he looked, there were knives. Steak knives, butcher knives, didn't matter.

They'd be in the office, the bedroom, sitting on the coffee table, on the mantle. I literally had to gather them all up for dinner time because I was too lazy to always go look for the "one" knife from last time.

And yeah, I had scissors, razors, box cutters, all that, too. I'd cut anything with a knife because I couldn't find the scissor--or get this--the dogs had chewed up the plastic handles on the scissors (Naps come to mind?), the scissors broke because I'd tried to cut too many things that were too thick for them. I mean, any number of reasons why.

At one point, I kept a butcher knife under my mattress. I called it being for protection, but it didn't take me long to realize that I certainly didn't want an attacker to get that away from me and use it on me, so I gave that idea up. About that time, I started minding where all the knives in the house were. You know, come to think of it, I must have watched some murder documentary that made me rethink off that knife stuff.

Anyways, I don't think it's illogical to bring a knife to the bedroom to cut rope.

I want to clarify, Jodi didn't say Travis cut the rope off her. At least if she did (fog and all that) she recanted and told JM that her hands could slip out of the nooses. JM questioned her for a while about that and she was VERY frustrating during the questioning.
Your post made me smile! Most of my knives are in the kitchen, though I do have box cutters in my office and kitchen, some knife-like tools that I use for gardening/pruning/lawn work etc., and a small Swiss army knife in my purse. My house is over-run with scissors. Multiple pairs in practically every room of the house. Different strokes for different folks!

Catholicism, Judaism, Protestantism all encourage to not have sex until after marriage.

Why is there is much focus from this defense on having sex before marriage?

It seems strange to me - again, especially since Jewish beliefs, Catholic beliefs, and Protestant Church beliefs all state: DO NOT HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.

This defense is behaving as though The Church of Jesus christ of Latter day Saints Mormons is the only church with the ideology to not have sex before marriage.

Travis Alexander, I feel, was a lost soul on Earth - he did not have the protection, love, and grounding that mothers and fathers provide. I'm sure that if Travis Alexander had a mother and father that they would have encouraged him to marry Deanna Reid - as it is clear that Deanna Reid would make an excellent wife, mother, and life partner.

I feel so bad for Travis Alexander - and now Deanna Reid. Again - why is this defense concentrating on "sex before marriage?" This is not an unusual or odd teaching of almost all religions.

What religion affiliation does this defense have to behave as though "breaking" not having sex before marriage as such a novel / scandalous event?

Maybe the're hoping there's at least one juror prudish enough about it.

Really, it's just that they're desperate and have nothing else.

I think, or hope, Martinez prepped Deanna, so she knew what to expect from Nurmi, that allowed Nurmi, single-handedly, to run the Jodi-train off the rails, blow it up, and all of its passengers as well. JMO

Maybe so.

I knew Nurmi would ask her about sex, but never in a million years did I think he would be so vulgar about it. That was just so dramatic and horrible. The questions were just foul...and why did he have yell them at her like that?! I don't even know poor Deanna and I just wanted to some way protect her from Nurmi! I think the way Nurmi handled that really looked bad and damaged the defense.

The 3rd gas can was never retrieved was it?
If that's true, that explains why Jodi came up with the lie about returning it once they discovered she had made that purchace. Find a gas can in the desert and you'll also find a .25 revolver and remnants of her clothes. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member