trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to predict we will have a verdict next Thursday!!

I do think Jodi is targeting jury. Hope the judge does the right thing.

I agree..She almost knocked over JW trying to get a look at one of the jurors..
She looked like she was smirking at one of them and then whispered in JW ear.

I remember when the prosecution rested its case in chief everyone was saying "Just wait until rebuttal.". For me the rebuttal case has fallen flat. I am not blaming JM. Maybe it is because the judge gave more rights for Jodi than Travis. I was looking for something more. We already knew this was premeditated. Now folks say they cannot wait for the prosecuton's close. After months of the defense bring us to death, I sure hope there is more, for the sake of the jury.

And now, the judge is excusing jury until 1:30 tomorrow?

I hope there will be justice for Travis.

A rebuttal case is not supposed to be chock full of surprises. The state already laid out their primary case. The rebuttal just ties up some loose ends. No bombshells, just buttoning things up.

I thought today was AMAZING. Juan proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the killer is still lying on the stand, under oath, to this jury. That is HUGE, imo.

I still think the DT thinks if they drag this out, the jury will decide a lesser charge to leave this case early... if they choose 1st degree they still have 2 weeks til sentencing phase Which I pray is wrong... I pray they hold out til the very end for Justice.

We have nothing to worry about there. This jury is in for a penny, in for a pound. If they were chafing at the bit, we'd know it from our own court watchers. And there would have been no question. They have hung in there this long, and I believe they will do the right thing up to and including the very end. Of JA.

Was JM's request for an additional witness denied? Is that why JA and JW were looking pleased?

I'll be signing off now, good peeps. Time to spend some quality time with DH. :blowkiss: It was a :) day for JM, and a :( day for the DT.

Sweet dreams.

Have a good night with your DH (Designated Hitter?????) Bette. I must brush up on what things mean on the computer these days. :floorlaugh:

The defense expert on JVM is having a hard time defending Nurmi's actions today.

After she's found guilty can Jodi plead for her life? Is she allowed to get on the stand and lie some more?

I remember when the prosecution rested its case in chief everyone was saying "Just wait until rebuttal.". For me the rebuttal case has fallen flat. I am not blaming JM. Maybe it is because the judge gave more rights for Jodi than Travis. I was looking for something more. We already knew this was premeditated. Now folks say they cannot wait for the prosecuton's close. After months of the defense bring us to death, I sure hope there is more, for the sake of the jury.

And now, the judge is excusing jury until 1:30 tomorrow?

I hope there will be justice for Travis.
It's going really well actually. I don't know what else Juan could do - short of fireworks and a marching band - he's tightening up his case, strengthening any weak spots that appeared in the defense CIC.

Today alone he's clarified and reiterated: Travis was not abusive towards a woman he was in a relationship with for many years. There is absolutely no evidence of sexual deviancy, in even the mildest of forms, to be discovered anywhere. And we have the bonus that Jodi's fog wasn't quite as foggy as their defense experts would claim. Jodi lied on the stand - to the jury itself - when she stated she returned the gas can. Tesoro backed up that Jodi lied again about gas purchases. And Travis' dear friend showed us an affectionate, loving side of Travis towards Jodi, refuting the myth she was a secret he kept hidden away, thereby also discounting the isolation aspect common with intimate partner violence and even further discrediting her claims of abuse. Whoosh...that bit was typed like a madwoman. ;)

Really, I don't know what else he can do. He's literally proving his case, point by point. And, imo, the jury questions today reflect that they're following his lead - crossing t's and dotting i's before they deliberate. My interpretation is that they don't believe her already. It doesn't bode well that the jury is literally catching her in lies she told them.

JMO

A rebuttal case is not supposed to be chock full of surprises. The state already laid out their primary case. The rebuttal just ties up some loose ends. No bombshells, just buttoning things up.

I thought today was AMAZING. Juan proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the killer is still lying on the stand, under oath, to this jury. That is HUGE, imo.

And this loops back to that wonderful juror question:

Why should we believe you NOW?

And the answer is NO REASON AT ALL. BOOM.

A jury that voluntarily asks Defense witnesses hundreds of questions will not vote second degree just to get out of the sentencing phase I don't think...

They will convict Jodi Arias of first-degree murder and sentence her to death.

I agree..She almost knocked over JW trying to get a look at one of the jurors..
She looked like she was smirking at one of them and then whispered in JW ear.
I saw that and this is getting freaking ridiculous. You can't be on trial for murder and pick and choose your own jurors.

To the person who asked about Deana and the computer:

Her name appears on it because she originally bought the laptop for Travis.
Short of that I have to assume she registered it for him too? Just a guess. Nothing clandestine about it though ;)

Also, the way these people talk over each other on HLN pains me. Unprofessional.

that one guy on the panel kills me, he is always making faces and freaking out because he wants to talk but can't. i just love him haha.

The login attempt was unsuccessful. Which, in my opinion, insinuates it was Jodi trying to login, and possibly Travis had changed his password.

This may also be the opportunity for Jodi to have grabbed Travis' new camera for the nude shots? I don't remember if I ever knew the times of those photos, but Travis looks pretty laid back while they're being taken. Possibly Travis was having a post-coital nap, and she took advantage of the opportunity to grab her weapons, camera, etc. (?) The last stuff here are my randoms thoughts on that time period.

I want to hear more about the laptop being logged on at 4:54pm on June 4th.......

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 4m

There will be oral argument tomorrow at 11 regarding some rebuttal experts.

OMG!!!

So we had about ONE stinking hour of testimony this morning, not including sidebars.

And, about 1.5 hours [guessing] this afternoon!

GMAFB!

AND, court wont resume until tomorrow afternoon! :banghead:

Yeah, they are really taking steps to speed this trial along---NOT

Nurmi's line of questioning was more than offensive to the Jurors and anyone who watched. Take note of how the Def continues to repeat, *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored*, 3-hole-wonder, etc., etc.......keeping sex as a diversion. They've sexualized this trial, like JA sexualized TA.
Its gotten beyond disgusting and I can't imagine that the Def actually thinks this is a way to win......and now More Delays...come on Judge, put that foot down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela