trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she bought gas in Mesquite on the way to Ryan's.

And from Mesa to Mesquite is almost 400 miles..not including any evidence ditching detours..

Her rental got about 30 mpg

So with 15 extra gallons she could travel at least 450 miles
With only 2 cans, 10 extra gallons she would only get 300 miles away from Mesa

Did she get gas in Nevada? She must've to get from Mesa to SLC?

$49.91 (gas) + $4.90 at the Flying J in Winnemucca, NV. Then Sparks, NV at a 7-11 @10:34 a.m. Then 12:20 pm gas at Valero (Tesoro) in Redding, CA. on June 7th. Returns rental car 1 day late but with approval.

----------
I believe she is so evil she doesnt realize her life is on the line. I think she is too busy watching everyone else. I also think (IMO) the DT. is humoring her in order to keep her calm. She is a loose cannon.
She was so envious of Deannna! :seeya:
ITA. I also think that JA is so narcissistic that she actually believes no jury will convict her and she'll get off on manslaughter and be out in 4 yrs time, having served 4 yrs already. I also think she imagines herself writing a book about the trial, doing countless interviews on tv, becoming famous for her (crappy) art, and marrying a multi millionaire who has fallen 'in love' with her after seeing her on TV. That is how WARPED she is. She is enjoying every second of the publicity and speculation, because it is all about JODI all of the time. She is a very scary person and I find her evil. The way she tries to intimidate TA's family, witnesses, jurors and JM in court sends shivers up my spine. She's like a snake watching its prey and then grinning before she pounces. I have never had such an aversion to any female as I do to her. I just hope to goodness she never has a child because I wouldn't trust her to be a loving mother.

I had been around a family that I hadn't seen for awhile that had serious problems. Those behaviors that we see Jodi do was like some sort of 'shape-shifting' onto her kids. I kid you not, it was one of the creepiest things I've seen in my life. Their appearances almost warped before your eyes. They all had the 'reading your body-language' down pat and would shift to how you reacted. Truth was I didn't know what to do...except google. I worry about Jennifer W. , not that I like her because she doesn't realize how far down the spider-hole she has sunk. A step-back from Jodi and JW might be horrified how she is acting in front of the Judge/jury/public at the defense table.

Today she was absolutely ridiculous but JA never gave her a moment to actually follow the proceedings. JA wrote note after note after note and JW can't quite ignore them, can she...JA talked to her throughout the jury's entry and exit so, what is JW supposed to say? STFU? I don't think she can. JA is calling the shots at the moment; it's pretty obvious. And the DT has to pay attention and do what she says.

While trying to save face...

moo

:rocker: and Sparks is by Reno which is right on the CA border which fits into her plan of no AZ on the road trip/alibi. If i'm right?

I wish I can add a map on here.

Both stops in NV, however, would be after she left Salt Lake City as Winnemucca and Sparks are in northern Nevada.

So it appears she did not stop in NV (or at least there is no record of it) en route from AZ to UT.

MOO

On that crazy HNL show, one of the fake jurors just asked why Travis would have gone downstairs to get a knife, when there were scissors in the butcher block. (to cut the rope) She questions taking a knife to the bedroom instead of scissors....makes no sense. That was a great question.
I didn't see After Dark, however there was a lengthy discussion about the rope in one of the threads this past weekend. While I think the rope story is a complete sham, I also thought it was strange that Travis would cut the rope with a knife when it would have been faster, easier and safer to cut it with scissors.

Nurmi's expertise is all sexual based. He has no qualms being nasty and debasing.

Yes, ElleElle - which makes it even more confusing that his DV "Expert" was uncomfortable discussing sex with JA. This entire defense has nothing but sex as it's platform for abuse. Absurdity at its finest, imo.

That question from the Juror to the WalMart employee whether or not a fake "skew" or "sku" number could have been used and the witness said 'NO'...That was a biggie for me...

The photos of Travis "sleeping" at 1:44:50 and "surprised" at 1:47:50? The last two in the series of eight are of TA. TA is not surprised in any of the photos since he's not in the bed in the ones taken of JA just minutes earlier.
There's only 50 seconds between the pic of Jodi's bottom at 1:44:00 and Travis reclining at 1:44:50

Are you saying there is something off or strange about them, or just stating a fact about the time?

Just got on and reading backwards. Something about these photos always bothered me, as do the shower photos. Not the subject matter, but the creepy tone or atmosphere.

He's fishing for opportunities to insert "three-hole-wonder" wherever he can...:floorlaugh: He's stuck. Arrested development. That's where he thought things would turn around and he's not budging. Every witness that turns up, he looks for his opportunity to ask about the "three-hole-wonder". It's debasing. Maybe he likes it?

lol

moo

So true. Somehow Nurmi and JW are sooooo offended at these "awful" words that TA called JA during an argument, but slashing a person to death - not so much. They seem fine with that.

BTW, after what JA did (all the stalking, etc.), I think anything TA called her that day was accurate and well deserved. If the shoe fits, then so be it. Personally, I'm not offended in the least by what he said and I don't think the jury is either. Of course a psychologist has to say those words are unkind, even if limited to a few times during an argument. What else can they say that would be appropriate to their profession. But as for me, pffffft. Obviously, sugarcoating words doesn't work with JA.

Travis' grandmother took over, so that's probably the pictures you're referring to. His parents were addicted to meth--that's never a good thing. His brother told 48 Hours that at one point, they lived in their aunt's yard under a tarp, so I don't think Travis exaggerated one bit. They were severely neglected, Travis went to school stinky, and all the other things he talked about.

Their wonderful grandmother was the one that intervened and took them in and provided the love and stability and the Mormon faith. They are a beautiful family, that's for sure!

I had not heard about TA and family living in their aunt's yard under a tarp. Wonder why the aunt did not let all the kids into her house?? I really do not have much faith in CPS..but I wonder why they were not called to take care of TA and his siblings? I have no idea if it is true, but I heard some of TA's siblings are half-brothers and sisters and his father had three wives?? In Det. Flores report, he states that Greg and Gary Alexander had traveled from Riverside, Ca to Mesa, Az and they had not been very close to TA since he had moved to Mesa.

Sad situation for this family for sure. I found out when I was "grown" that my father had "spread his seed" to three women and it is not "beautiful" at all. When I saw TA's siblings cry today, I did not blame the DT. I thought they were crying because of their father and mothers selfish acts. MOO

For the last 20 years or so I've hired outside counsel to handle litigation for our multinational company. I've never hired any lawyer who behaved like either of these two. Nurmi makes such a bad impression with his sloppy manner and lethargic questioning and Wilmott with her giggly, snarky demeanor. The people I hire are serious and are careful of the impression they make on a jury or judge. Maybe it's just different with criminal cases but I've been in court for those too, mostly in federal court when there are serious financial crimes and we're either a vcitim or a potential source of compensation for people victimized by one of our customers so I've seen some pretty impressive federal prosecutors and defense attorneys primarily in Boston and New York. But I've also hired great attorneys in the backwoods of Vermont and NH.

Really, Nurmi and Wilmott know they're on TV and getting all kinds of attention and yet neither acts like they have the slighest clue as to the effect of their presentation on the jury. Just the number of days Nurmi kept Jodi on the stand and Wilmott with ALV. To me, that just shows a lack of respect for the jury. There was no need for this trial to be 1/4 this long. I've actually been stunned by this trial. At least I see Juan as a normal attorney, puts on his case, gets the testimony he needs and calls it a day.

I really don't get these defense attorneys-are they desperate for money, want to be on TV longer than Bonanza, just what is it that makes them think the neverending testimony they are eliciting, 98% of which is irrelevant anyway, is going to have a positive effect on the only audience that matters, the jury.

I do think they just really want a mistrial and they have no problem making this trial go on and on and on and on until they hopefully lose enough jurors that the case can't continue. I keep fearing they're just getting warmed up on that front. I have not seen the judge, except for very recently, seem to exert any pressure on the DT to move this trial along. And that is a legitimate concern for the court. It has to move along and actually END sometime before all the parties involved die a natural death. Maybe this is normal in AZ but it sure ain't in NY or Boston. I can just imagine how Nurmi and Wilmott would be dealt with by some of the crusty old judges I've known over the years. Makes me smile a little...

Sometimes watching them I start to think is this really happening? Or is this reality courtroom? KN always seems to work his way around any question to bring it back to sex. JW pouts and rolls her eyes and does her "I'm a little teapot" stance at the podium. I hear she teaches. That's like making a copy of a copy. Whew. (Hope that doesn't earn me a time-out. Its a fine line between being observant and getting in trouble.)

As to JSS: I think she jumped in the deep in of the pool to learn DP cases. Maybe a different case would have been a little easier. I respect her, but recusing herself from this case might have been a better option. Too late now.

JA is the puppet-master. She sits there and runs the show. She is untouchable right now. She can demand people be removed from the courtroom because they look at her wrong. She can have KN ask a sweet girl really nasty questions, not because they help her case but because it will humiliate her publicly. She can tweet by proxy but accuse the prosecutor of misconduct for being asked to sign autographs. She can make people supporting Justice for Travis stop wearing their ribbons. She can shut down the courtroom by claiming a headache.

But time is growing short for her. Tick-Tock.

For the last 20 years or so I've hired outside counsel to handle litigation for our multinational company. I've never hired any lawyer who behaved like either of these two. Nurmi makes such a bad impression with his sloppy manner and lethargic questioning and Wilmott with her giggly, snarky demeanor. The people I hire are serious and are careful of the impression they make on a jury or judge. Maybe it's just different with criminal cases but I've been in court for those too, mostly in federal court when there are serious financial crimes and we're either a vcitim or a potential source of compensation for people victimized by one of our customers so I've seen some pretty impressive federal prosecutors and defense attorneys primarily in Boston and New York. But I've also hired great attorneys in the backwoods of Vermont and NH.

Really, Nurmi and Wilmott know they're on TV and getting all kinds of attention and yet neither acts like they have the slighest clue as to the effect of their presentation on the jury. Just the number of days Nurmi kept Jodi on the stand and Wilmott with ALV. To me, that just shows a lack of respect for the jury. There was no need for this trial to be 1/4 this long. I've actually been stunned by this trial. At least I see Juan as a normal attorney, puts on his case, gets the testimony he needs and calls it a day.

I really don't get these defense attorneys-are they desperate for money, want to be on TV longer than Bonanza, just what is it that makes them think the neverending testimony they are eliciting, 98% of which is irrelevant anyway, is going to have a positive effect on the only audience that matters, the jury.

I do think they just really want a mistrial and they have no problem making this trial go on and on and on and on until they hopefully lose enough jurors that the case can't continue. I keep fearing they're just getting warmed up on that front. I have not seen the judge, except for very recently, seem to exert any pressure on the DT to move this trial along. And that is a legitimate concern for the court. It has to move along and actually END sometime before all the parties invovled die a natural death. Maybe this is normal in AZ but it sure ain't in NY or Boston. I can just imagine how Nurmi and Wilmott would be dealt with by some of the crusty old judges I've known over the years. Makes me smile a little...

I was thinking of Nurmi today. started comparing the defense in the two recent big trials.

Remember when we thought JB (in CA's trial) was so bad? It appeared that he had to be schooled on filing motions, on objections and it seemed on every aspect. (But at least he moved and acted animated) Now along comes Nurmi. He appears slow and bumbling.

Is it that they are being televised? Does he maybe have stage fright? Is there like some master plan behind this?

I don't know, but it is an interesting comparison.

lol. Gotcha! That was a dumb move on Nurmi's part wasn't it? :giggle:

Someone else, upthread, offered the possibility that Nurmi's question regarding the cash was to establish that if JA was trying to hide the 3rd purchase (and therefore the 3rd gas can) she could have paid cash.

MOO

I didn't see After Dark, however there was a lengthy discussion about the rope in one of the threads this past weekend. While I think the rope story is a complete sham, I also thought it was strange that Travis would cut the rope with a knife when it would have been faster, easier and safer to cut it with scissors.

There was NO ROPE. JA had to find a way to get a knife into the bedroom. So, she invented a rope scenario that required a knife...Because she doesn't know that most people would probably use scissors to cut a rope. There's even an app called "cut the rope"

http://www.cuttherope.ie

for kids, but as adults, we're supposed to believe that 5" X 1 1/2" blade (hunting knives with guards) are required to cut ropes "in the bedroom".

LOLZ.

How crazy is it that the rope and knife are even being discussed!???

moo

And from Mesa to Mesquite is almost 400 miles..not including any evidence ditching detours..

Her rental got about 30 mpg

So with 15 extra gallons she could travel at least 450 miles
With only 2 cans, 10 extra gallons she would only get 300 miles away from Mesa

Bingo! She had 3 cans, which was pretty much proven today. This is going to end in justice, sooner than later I hope!

Both stops in NV, however, would be after she left Salt Lake City as Winnemucca and Sparks are in northern Nevada.

So it appears she did not stop in NV (or at least there is no record of it) en route from AZ to UT.

MOO

The hln list is incomplete. She stopped in Mesquite, NV, 7 hours after leaving Mesa, she filled the tank -receipt for $46.11

Beth didn't say, only that he is on the prosecution's rebuttal list and the DT wants to keep him off. He was a terrific witness in the CIC, and it stands to reason that Juan would recall him to refute Jodi's claim that she fired the gun first AND that Travis was able to go after her so much so that she had to stab him 27 times and slit his throat from ear to ear. Basically drive home the point that Jodi's version of the killing doesn't match the forensics. Whatever theories posters may have about whether Jodi shot Travis first or stabbed him, the State and Dr. Horn contend that the shot came last. Can't imagine the defense team wants the jury to get another dose of the good Dr. Horn.

Didn't see Horn on the rebuttal list, unless it was filed after noon yesterday.

Bingo! She had 3 cans, which was pretty much proven today. This is going to end in justice, sooner than later I hope!
I *hope* it will end in justice and restore faith in the justice system.

That question from the Juror to the WalMart employee whether or not a fake "skew" or "sku" number could have been used and the witness said 'NO'...That was a biggie for me...

Yeah, I think most people are familiar with returning things to WalMart. Even when not getting money back, they have good record-keeping in place. Just the other night, I returned an item at the register because the service desk was closed. I did a straight up exchange on a damaged item and even with that, I had to sign a paper that stated the reason for the exchange. She is totally busted on her lie about returning the gas can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves