trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi isn't doing his client any favors. First he went after the sweet ex-girlfriend yesterday.
Now he's going after Det F. I can't imagine that the jury appreciates his tactics.

The shelves were the nail in the proverbial coffin. It is O.V.E.R. JA simply cannot and willmott tell the truth.

Question for Jodi:

"How's that high I.Q. working out for you Jodi??" :seeya:

How happy are these jurors that the end is finally in sight?????????

How happy are we??????????

I am overjoyed that next week this circus will finally come to an end.

Case handed over on Friday - Guilty verdict Friday night.

can you imagine????? I mean let them talk about this already!:rockon:

hmmmm so just looking at the shelf picture, where did Jodi say she stepped though? was it the bottom one? the bottom one looks stationary.

iirc she said she stepped up on one of the lower shelves, not the bottom one

Kind of late in the game, it sound like the judge is FINALLY taking charge of her courtroom. Wish she'd done this a lot earlier.

IMO Nurmi is trying to say JA has a high IQ and so if she were going to make up a story about getting the gun from the closet, she wouldn't be stupid enough to make up that it was on the high shelf given that nothing was disturbed etc. even after she "jumped" on a shelf to get it - he suggested that with her IQ she would have known to make up that the gun was in a spot that was easier to get without creating a disturbance in the closet. Obviously this ignores the fact that she needed to make up that the gun was somewhere no one else would have come across it - she thought she was being super-smart to put it high up in the corner so no one who has been in Travis's closet could say they would have seen it like they would have if it was on a lower shelf. Nurmi's argument is beyond a dumb argument, because IQ without common sense doesn't always lead to logical lies. AND Nurmi just suggested a BUNCH of really convenient places that JA could have hidden grandpa's gun for easy retrieval once she was ready to use it on Travis which simply supports premeditation. It doesn't seem wise to me for him to put such thoughts into the jurors' minds.

This IQ thing - she scored a 119 on the overall test, which means she is above average intelligence although the label is "superior" intelligence, but she scored 136 or 7 on the verbal part of the test, which places her verbal/communicative skills in the next range of 'very superior". But this doesn't mean that she has very superior organizational skills, or logic skills, or even math skills - and these tests don't account for common sense. Her "very high IQ" means nothing. She failed in so many areas within her scheme to kill TA - her "superior IQ" failed her. And thank goodness for that.

I wish JM would have explained the hair / dates connection. His case was a loooonnnggg time ago!

:jail:

Bear in mind that, as the prosecutor, JM can't "explain" things. The defense can object that he is testifying. So, he has to lay out the dots and then connect them in his closing argument.

Thank you, gauntlet and Sunny in AZ and Truth Detector. Much appreciated! No wonder Falsity looked absolutely sick.

Probably charged it on a charge card she never planned on paying.
Maybe got a cash advance from the credit card a few weeks before
the slaughtering of Travis. Maybe DB loaned her money. Paying bills
was not a priority with JA.

She had to have paid cash or it would be traceable on her credit or debit card.

I know that's where I go to understand relationships, my local homicide detective. He diagnosed her properly though, murderer.

This is so pathetic. Who cares what the detective said speculating about why Jodi killed Travis when their opinion about that is no more valid than any one on the street as it's not his job to figure out why, they figure out who and that was obviously easy for Det. Flores.

This is how they're going to prove manslaughter, "The detective speculated that something made her kill him". Oh, that changes everything....NOT.

:goodpost:

Means they'd have to believe someone who spent weeks on the stand lying to them. They can argue manslaughter all they want. Dr. Horne will put a stop to that one.

Not to sound like a "Softail-downer", but I'm not gonna hold my breath. A lot can happen between now and then. Just from the history of this trial, it was supposed to end a while ago. I tend to think it is wishful thinking on the judge's part.

I'm gonna just take it day by day. :twocents:
But... will the jurly start deliberating on a Friday?... Or wait until then next Monday (May 6th)?

:dunno:

He knows he just wants to say it enough so that it gets put in the jurors minds.

To quote JW, he wants to "throw it out there" :facepalm: by the way JW said that to Dr DM, you were given the impression, they would never "throw something out there":floorlaugh:

Arias no like the shelf pictures. That hole in her lips is showing again

I put that hole in her lips down to years of sucking strawberry frappuccinos though a straw.

However it does come in handy as a tunnel to let out the lying forked tongue.

The family that now owns TA's home deserves a big THANK YOU for letting LE in to recreate those closet shelves and letting LE conduct tests on them for this trial. They are one of the unsung heroes in this case IMO.

What do you want to bet one of the jury questions is "WTH was that defense attorney talking about, that Ms Arias's IQ is greater the the height of the shelves?"

Baaawhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I wish JM would have explained the hair / dates connection. His case was a loooonnnggg time ago!

:jail:

I think JM is giving the jurors credit for being a group of smart people and that he doesn't need to insult their intelligence. They can figure it out, I hope.

Personally I love things spelled out and a lot of visuals.
I still want a big visual calendar of this relatively short-term relationship.

I want a giant calendar to show the day of the angry text message, to the gun theft, to the car rental, in a visual.

It wasn't all just a string of bad decisions - IT WAS A PLAN TO GO KILL TRAVIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove