trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your daughter turned out fine, then IMO you should give yourself a pat on the back!

JA's sister has been in drug rehab, that much I know. Clearly there is/was a serious problem in the family. JA's mother was abused by JA, JA lied her way out of everything growing up and her parents bought into her bs. They would have known she was bs'ing but likely couldn't be bothered about it. I know someone with a kid similar - lies about everything, uses people etc. Of course the mother tells me how she tries this and that (similar to what your friends have told you), but I also know that the mother gives into the kid all the time because she "doesn't want the fight".<--- BIG MISTAKE!

Raising kids is hard, nobody said it was a walk in the park. Nobody who has kids would claim (with any sanity) that raising them was a piece of cake. It's damn hard at times.

Your friends' kid may be a sociopath. Was she diagnosed as such? Is she in treatment now? Is she being monitored, or is she free to do whatever she wants?

As a parent, you can put a genuine effort instilling morals, and empathy in your kids, and just hope and pray that it stays within them through out their lives.

I could not disagree with you more. I know that it is entirely possible to be good people and devoted parents and still have a child turn out badly. I have posted before about my friends who have a daughter who is a sociopath.

Can I add one more thing?

Some children need help, guidance and monitoring their entire lives. Take for example a child with Downs Syndrome. Or autism. IMO if someone has a child diagnosed as a sociopath (can such a diagnosis be made in a child?), then that child is similar to any other child that needs to be monitored his/her entire life.

We wouldn't turn a child with Downs Syndrome out on the street when they reach 18. We would care for that child regardless of his/her age.

Ditto a child with autism. Or a child with any physicial disability.

IMO the same lifetime care needs to be provided to a child with sociopathy.

I'm sure it's been discussed greatly here but I'm just logging on this morning and wasn't on last night.

That being said, I think the pregnancy is a big fat lie.

Surely, you don't mean to say that we shouldn't believe the things that Jodi Arias says!

I believe it happened. I think it happens a lot in high profile cases. A man made a threat on the prosecutor in the Drew Peterson case. He has been deemed unfit to face charges. There are a lot of loons out there. :twocents:

Oh I do too. I just assumed the crazy ones who did that must side with JA and want last minute drama. Hopefully it won't happen again.

The jury has heard enough psycho-prattle and will likely tune this witness out. :moo:

I so relate to your post. I'm not a professional or that knowledgeable of the many different psycho diagnosis offered to explain any of JA's behavior.

As someone who has lived a long time and studied many different people along the way ..... all I absolutely know with certainty is that JA is Bat Sxxt crazy and evil to the core. She premeditated this slaughter and planned it down to the most minute detail (some were stupid, imo) .... regardless, since she refused to go the insanity route from the get-go, she now must face the consequences of her actions.

We have to believe the jury sees all of this as most of us do....She is guilty of butchering a young man with great promise and must be found guilty of Murder One. Period.

IMHO

By saying Wilmott will be Jodi's mouthpiece are you thinking Ms. Wilmott will continue the cannonization of Jodi while once again assassinating the character of Travis ? If so I would agree, but I don't think Nurmi will pass up the chance to once again rip into the sexual issues, being last words and all for this phase.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the DT tries to sneak the (fantasy) pregnancy/miscarriage into their closing arguments. :furious:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/24/arias-trial-nearing-its-conclusion/2111403/

On Thursday, the medical examiner will return

Then, on May 2 and 3, the prosecution and defense will make their closing arguments. If the court can stick to that schedule, the jury will get the case May 3.

If the jurors come back with a verdict of first-degree murder, as Martinez will request, then the trial will start anew as the jury considers whether Arias deserves the death penalty.

Given Grandma's age and apparent physical distress, perhaps she views it as her last chance to see her grand daughter before she is shipped away to prison. I cannot for some reason conclude by seeing her on a screen for a few moments she was embarressed or that she could have physically endured the stress and length of this trial to a degree which would have allowed her to be there every day.

I disagree. She is not that old and plus she can visit her in prison.

I for one am going to need JM to put a bigger bow on the helio pix testimony from yesterday.

There is a lot of confusion about the significance of this testimony; was it the phone, her hair color or something else?

We do know that she had three phones throughout this time frame. I've looked back and cannot find exactly what type of phone the third one was. The first phone was the Motorola Razor; she testified on 2/18 that she accidentally put this in a cup in the drink holder of her car while she was moving. Gus gave her a replacement phone, this one a Helio, when she was moving back to Northern California, so that would be sometime in May. The Helio was lost on 5/17 or 15/18 and per her journal, she got a new phone on 5/22, but does not mention what type of phone it was.

As for hair color, JM showed 5 photos of JA. Exhibits 636, 637 and 638 were taken on 6/3/08 all showing JA as a brunette; time stamps prove this was before going to Walmart and after her supposed manicure. Also shown was exhibit 453, taken on 5/15/08 previously submitted as evidence on 2/24/08 showing JA as a blonde with her sister Angela (link to testimony transcript http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8921150&postcount=107)

Exhibit 414 shows a blonde JA posing with a black dog; this was admitted into evidence on 2/4 (link http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8802665&postcount=557). All I can find is testimony from JA on 2/8/13 that the pix was taken in Spring of 2008.

This is the best I can do in terms of sleuthing...if anyone else can fill in some blanks, please do!

It's really amazing that the DT would hire someone like Geffner.

When JM has Geffner testify to the jury that a) he's a friend of ALV, b) he's a colleague of ALV, c) he edited at least one of ALV's books, d) another trial court sanctioned him saying he was a hired gun..

POOF goes any credibility he and the DT hoped he'd have with the jury.

What are the DT thinking hiring him? :floorlaugh:

At least 50% of the time I have watched Mr. Nurmi and Ms. Wilmott, I have wondered who's side are they really on. With each witness they presented, I have felt like they were turned into prosecution witnesses after JM got done or they were discredited and appeared to be totally inept. Given what you have above, I have no idea why on this earth the defense would once again drag in someone with "issues" in an effort to defend a person who has absolutely no defense for her actions. The appearance of such a person leaves the jury with nothing but a view of desperation IMO.

I don't think there is a surrebuttal. I think that if the defense lined up their witness ASAP to get him on the stand and that he is available now... for this..

I think that it may be someone for Juan that has the issue. I think the jury is excited to finally get close to deliberation. They seem smart and attentive.

My heart was broken for JA's grandmother yesterday. I can not imagine how she is feeling. I bet she was upset hearing that Jodi's story was all lies. That she knows this girl is not right and guilty of the murder.. Not self defense but murder...

I can not believe they would drag that poor woman into court.
DP case or not, surrerebuttal is at the discretion of the judge in AZ, so it is within her authority to put "limits" around what ground the new DT witness can cover with his testimony. We have seen JM speed through the rebuttal case with precision and efficiiency. I can't imagine anyone the State would call at this point who would be on the stand for any significant length of time. But if it is the psychologist the DT wanted to bring in to rebut Dr DeMarte's diagnosis of BPD for Jodi, then I can see his testimony (direct/cross/redirect/juror questions) taking the entire day--hence the warning that "we could be here well after 5 p.m." I assume JM will finish up rebuttal today-hopefully we'll see the ME Dr. Horn return to the stand to refute Jodi's version of how she killed Travis, including the linebacker pose, the gunshot first, etc.

NE guy said he didn't know when this supposed pregnancy was, but said that Travis didn't take the news well, then Jodi miscarried. Don't know how long she was supposedly pregnant or if it was supposedly a girl or boy. God Forbid Jodi Arias ever had a child!

It's a ploy to premier Omen 12 :stormingmad::stormingmad:

I can see the book now:

'The Fog has Lifted' by Jodi Arias

The true lies of a woman whose hippocampus was flooded for 5 years, finally remembers what happened on June 4th 2008. Follow her amazing journey as she takes you through version 5 of what happened that day. As you know, her stories get better and better all the time so this is a must read! Available only at your local Dollar Store.

Post of the night hours!! :drumroll:

I'm sure it's been discussed greatly here but I'm just logging on this morning and wasn't on last night.

That being said, I think the pregnancy is a big fat lie.

Yeah, surely it has been discussed, but I (like you) haven't been online since end of court yesterday. No way can I read all these threads to catch up, so maybe those that weren't here last night can benefit (or catch up might be a better phrase) from the crazy info a source told about Jodi to the Enquirer. I'm sure it was a lie, everything Jodi says is a lie. :hearno:

Maybe that's what he was threatening her with exposing her lies and scamming him (referring to the May 26th text)

We have known for some time that she did something awful. We speculated that it might have been taking money from his bank account, etc., yet he had such a mild reaction to her destroying his car with her carelessness...what could it be.

The pregnancy story is the answer, if it's true. And why wouldn't she make that claim-- she needed some leverage on him to first keep him tied to her and then second, Plan B, shut him up.

The question then becomes how did he know for sure it was a lie? Now, I have wondered since last January where is the talk about pregnancy and periods. Couples that are engaging in unprotected sex talk regularly about such things, exchanging texts etc, like, "OMG I'm two days late and I'm freaking out." Or "I told you those purple condoms are worthless--you have to read the back!" and "Well, you're the one who wanted colors..."

Also there is no mention (forgive me) of kitty love. A hetero man who is sexually addicted is talking about it with his lover--with Travis, instead, you have him talking exclusively about shoving it up her *advertiser censored** and how he does know how to work the booty.

Therefore, Watson, I am leaning toward believing that they did not have vaginal sex--ever. It was oral, it was anal, because of fear of pregnancy and loss of virtue. His reference to her being a "three-hole wonder" was actually about her over-developed talents on the first two. If there had been vaginal sex, there would have been condoms and not so much lubrication needed, just saying. Young lusty people don't need multiple tubes of lube for regular sex.

Jodi is lying about the sex. People don't go from kissing to baptism to anal sex. Prostitutes do, but normal women require a level of trust before engaging in risky behavior. This to me speaks volumes about Arias' promiscuity.

I told you in earlier posts that anal and oral sex are used as birth control for older single Mormons because they don't want to seem like they are planning to sin (by bringing condoms or taking the pill), they would rather have their lover think they are just being "human" and "caught up in the moment." It also plays better for the bishop later when they know they will be confessing so they can get a temple recommend to get married in the temple.

I'm watching the 'My jury notes' video. I really hope JM goes through the entire premeditation step by step starting with the fight in May, the burglary etc. I hope he uses a nice big map too.

DP case or not, surrerebuttal is at the discretion of the judge in AZ, so it is within her authority to put "limits" around what ground the new DT witness can cover with his testimony. We have seen JM speed through the rebuttal case with precision and efficiiency. I can't imagine anyone the State would call at this point who would be on the stand for any significant length of time. But if it is the psychologist the DT wanted to bring in to rebut Dr DeMarte's diagnosis of BPD for Jodi, then I can see his testimony (direct/cross/redirect/juror questions) taking the entire day--hence the warning that "we could be here well after 5 p.m." I assume JM will finish up rebuttal today-hopefully we'll see the ME Dr. Horn return to the stand to refute Jodi's version of how she killed Travis, including the linebacker pose, the gunshot first, etc.

OH GOOD!! We'll get to see the [stupid] linebacker re-enactment!
:floorlaugh::scared::floorlaugh::scared::facepalm::banghead::moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member