trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another shrink who will testify for the DT next week during their sur-rebuttal.

Translation: another shrink choosing to put his career on the line who Juan Martinez will chew up like a blue M&m (no disrespect to m&ms just an inside joke).

IMO JSS told the defense they can have ONE DAY for surrebuttal. That's why she told the jury that they'll stay in session "as long as it takes" on Wednesday.And JM will get to interview Geffner on Monday or Tuesday.

Keep calm and TRUST JUAN.

I think they only have Wednesday for the surrebuttal. The judge said they would even stay late if needed. They can only rebut the BPD claim I think

Does anyone think there's a chance the DT is going to try to extend this deadline given by the judge? I just cannot image them finishing when they are supposed to, it seems unreal that after all this time it's going to be over in a little more than a week.

I was thinking about it last night and started getting really worried - I have PTSD over the CA verdict and I'm so scared for this one! Even though her guilt is more than obvious, I thought the same thing with CA. I am not going to be able to concentrate on anything once they announce they have a verdict.

Good morning by the way!

Wouldn't surprise anyone probably. JM would object to that since that information was never testified to in the DT CIC, but that would be the bell that couldn't be unrung.

The media goes way too far during these trials. Walker should never have gone on TV saying what he did without absolute proof of same. This "an unnamed source who heard from a friend who heard from a cousin who heard from a martian" BS is very detrimental to any ongoing trial.

Hasn't Mum had previous contact or attempted contact with the NE about the forged letters ?

I agree though.

If your daughter turned out fine, then IMO you should give yourself a pat on the back!

JA's sister has been in drug rehab, that much I know. Clearly there is/was a serious problem in the family. JA's mother was abused by JA, JA lied her way out of everything growing up and her parents bought into her bs. They would have known she was bs'ing but likely couldn't be bothered about it. I know someone with a kid similar - lies about everything, uses people etc. Of course the mother tells me how she tries this and that (similar to what your friends have told you), but I also know that the mother gives into the kid all the time because she "doesn't want the fight".<--- BIG MISTAKE!

Raising kids is hard, nobody said it was a walk in the park. Nobody who has kids would claim (with any sanity) that raising them was a piece of cake. It's damn hard at times.

Your friends' kid may be a sociopath. Was she diagnosed as such? Is she in treatment now? Is she being monitored, or is she free to do whatever she wants?

She was only diagnosed by an amateur (me). If the therapists ever came to a diagnosis it wasn't shared with my friends. I know that once she stopped being able to snow the therapists she wouldn't talk to them anymore. She had a different dramatic story for each of them and at first my friends thought that they had gotten to the bottom of her problems (oh she was traumatized by....) but the stories have never checked out. For example, she claimed that she was devastated by the death of a boyfriend but according to her friends and his, the two never dated and were merely acquaintances. She's an adult now and doesn't want to be in treatment. She has numerous convictions for theft and bad checks but has unfortunately never been sentenced to any prison time. She lives with whatever man will have her and works as little as possible. She uses people and lies constantly even about things that don't matter. If she has gone to Chilis for dinner, she'll say it was Applebees even though no one cares at all. My friends are raising her child, their grandchild. They tried to get custody for years but the daughter is a very good liar and CPS never really investigated to the level they should have. She's tried of being a mother now though so she gave up custody.

Having spent years observing this family and trying to strategize with them about what to do, I am just really reluctant to condemn all families of criminals and I would want to know more about Jodi's family - from people other than Jodi - before blaming them.

Doesn't the DT have to file something to add a new witness? Has 'it' been filed? When would it have to be filed by?

Did the DT action motion/petition the court to present a surrebutal? Does anyone know if this has been done already? (Assuming this one is yes/yes).

Can I add one more thing?

Some children need help, guidance and monitoring their entire lives. Take for example a child with Downs Syndrome. Or autism. IMO if someone has a child diagnosed as a sociopath (can such a diagnosis be made in a child?), then that child is similar to any other child that needs to be monitored his/her entire life.

We wouldn't turn a child with Downs Syndrome out on the street when they reach 18. We would care for that child regardless of his/her age.

Ditto a child with autism. Or a child with any physicial disability.

IMO the same lifetime care needs to be provided to a child with sociopathy.

You generally become the disabled child's legal guardian once they are beyond 18. This is a legal process. People who are not shown to be disabled have rights, and sociopathy (and drug addiction, and other mental illnesses) does not confer the legal right to monitor, guide, instruct, commit or otherwise interfere with the rights of your over 18 children. This is one of the reasons why it is not necessarily correct to hold parents responsible for their children's actions. It is very difficult to get help for children with medical needs, much less psychological needs. If they are over 18 and don't want your help? Forget it.

So they do get the sur-rebuttal?? How on earth are they going to be done by Friday?? There's no way!

The Judge is allowing one day - Wednesday - for this witness' direct, cross, redirect, jury questions, counsel cleanup. They will start at 9:00 and stay until they're done.

I am not very savvy on criminal trials but I have thought many things were unusual regarding the decisions made in this trial. The one thing that bothers me about the surrebuttal (assuming that it was granted) is this; JA will have opportunities (apparently many) to appeal the decision if she is found guilty but the state and family have only ONE opportunity to have her tried for this crime. With that said, I don't understand how surrebuttal with another psych was permitted after the DT had plenty of time and opportunity to present their information during their CIC. If my limited understanding is correct the state and Victim's family have only one chance to try her for what she did, yet she has multiple opportunities to appeal.

Does anyone think there's a chance the DT is going to try to extend this deadline given by the judge? I just cannot image them finishing when they are supposed to, it seems unreal that after all this time it's going to be over in a little more than a week.

I was thinking about it last night and started getting really worried - I have PTSD over the CA verdict and I'm so scared for this one! Even though her guilt is more than obvious, I thought the same thing with CA. I am not going to be able to concentrate on anything once they announce they have a verdict.

Good morning by the way!

:seeya:

BBM - There's no doubt they will. They have dragged everything out so far ad nauseum. I hope the judge doesn't allow it. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm confused. Is there court today?

Nevermind... just found it. 9:30 AM start time and it's supposed to be a quick day.

I for one am going to need JM to put a bigger bow on the helio pix testimony from yesterday.

There is a lot of confusion about the significance of this testimony; was it the phone, her hair color or something else?

We do know that she had three phones throughout this time frame. I've looked back and cannot find exactly what type of phone the third one was. The first phone was the Motorola Razor; she testified on 2/18 that she accidentally put this in a cup in the drink holder of her car while she was moving. Gus gave her a replacement phone, this one a Helio, when she was moving back to Northern California, so that would be sometime in May. The Helio was lost on 5/17 or 15/18 and per her journal, she got a new phone on 5/22, but does not mention what type of phone it was.

As for hair color, JM showed 5 photos of JA. Exhibits 636, 637 and 638 were taken on 6/3/08 all showing JA as a brunette; time stamps prove this was before going to Walmart and after her supposed manicure. Also shown was exhibit 453, taken on 5/15/08 previously submitted as evidence on 2/24/08 showing JA as a blonde with her sister Angela (link to testimony transcript http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8921150&postcount=107)

Exhibit 414 shows a blonde JA posing with a black dog; this was admitted into evidence on 2/4 (link http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8802665&postcount=557). All I can find is testimony from JA on 2/8/13 that the pix was taken in Spring of 2008.

This is the best I can do in terms of sleuthing...if anyone else can fill in some blanks, please do!

I think JM was simply trying to point out that Arias changed her hair color after picking up the rental car in Redding. Just another data point in the big list of points that demonstrate premeditation ...

IMO JSS told the defense they can have ONE DAY for surrebuttal. That's why she told the jury that they'll stay in session "as long as it takes" on Wednesday.And JM will get to interview Geffner on Monday or Tuesday.

Keep calm and TRUST JUAN.

IMO they're calling him as a last ditch effort to get some testimony on the record that the slaughter was in the heat of the moment. They want the lesser Included charges added. So far ... Zero evidence on the record it was in the heat of passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Judge is allowing one day - Wednesday - for this witness' direct, cross, redirect, jury questions, counsel cleanup. They will start at 9:00 and stay until they're done.

Thanks. I just don't see how it's possible with how sllllooooowwwwww the DT is. :banghead:

National Enquirer. :floorlaugh:

Has probably signed a contract with JA's mother for exclusive story rights immediately after JA is convicted. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple