trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your daughter turned out fine, then IMO you should give yourself a pat on the back!

JA's sister has been in drug rehab, that much I know. Clearly there is/was a serious problem in the family. JA's mother was abused by JA, JA lied her way out of everything growing up and her parents bought into her bs. They would have known she was bs'ing but likely couldn't be bothered about it. I know someone with a kid similar - lies about everything, uses people etc. Of course the mother tells me how she tries this and that (similar to what your friends have told you), but I also know that the mother gives into the kid all the time because she "doesn't want the fight".<--- BIG MISTAKE!

Raising kids is hard, nobody said it was a walk in the park. Nobody who has kids would claim (with any sanity) that raising them was a piece of cake. It's damn hard at times.

Your friends' kid may be a sociopath. Was she diagnosed as such? Is she in treatment now? Is she being monitored, or is she free to do whatever she wants?

JAs parents called the police and turned her in when they found out she was growing pot on the roof. I don't know anyone who would do that (turn in their kid for pot growing). In fact, most often I see parents getting lawyers to get their kids out of trouble, e.g., getting that DUI and/or drug charge dropped.

So I doubt they were total enablers. We will never know the dynamics of that family. But I bet they had their hands full with JA. It must have been exhausting dealing with her.

And she seems to have given in to most everything re: the DT. I don't see her putting her foot down here but I guess stranger things have happened.

ITA. With the exception of letting Detective Flores off the hook for the crime of passion bs, has the judge ever given a break to the State?

I honestly cannot think of one instance....could be I need another cup of coffee tho, I don't know.

Yes, and Geffner knows ALV and has edited at least one of her books. I don't trust him just because of his affiliation with Alyce.

Oh geez... Just goes to show how hard up the DT is for witnesses.

WildAboutTrial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial 2m

@hrhacl Wild will be in the office today again, short day is not worth all the trouble it would take for Wild to get down there.
View conversation

Retweet
Favorite

WildAboutTrial WildAboutTrial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial 2m

@FriendOfGeorge2 Wild appreciates that but wants Carole to know she doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to do.
View conversation
WildAboutTrial WildAboutTrial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial 5m

Wild just remembered in his pain killer fog that today is Thirsday.. everyone ready to speak in the third person? Wild is. #JodiArias
Expand
WildAboutTrial WildAboutTrial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial 5m

Good morning friends.. the #JodiArias trial should resume at 9:30am. It will be a quick day from what the judge said, not sure end time.

:sos:

Nurse got busy and asked me to help with a new thread but I don't know when you guys are expecting one! :eek:

Is it time now, or later? I figured y'all would know!

I lost all respect for JA family including grandma when they all started wearing Domestic Violence Ribbons.

That says loud and clear they feel Travis should have been killed, Jodi did what she had to to save her life.

I have no use for any of them and yes, even the grandma. They are shameful.

-------------------------
"We will have trial today, Wednesday April 24th. Tomorrow be here at 9:30am it will be a short day. There will be NO trial until next Wednesday May 1st and you are to arrive at 9:00am and we will stay until we finish even up to 5:00pm.

Final Jury instructions will be Thursday May 2nd and the Attorney's closing arguments on Thursday and Friday and then the case will be submitted to the Jury"

TRIAL:
Wed April 24th
Thurs April 25th
Fri thru Tue Apr 30 NO Trial
Wed May 1st
Thurs May 2nd
Fri May 3rd and to the Jury we go!

Nurse got busy and asked me to help with a new thread but I don't know when you guys are expecting one! :eek:

I think it's usually half an hour to an hour before court time, which is 9:30 AZ time.

Thanks!! :seeya:

Referring to newly available "art" done by JA which have pictures done by her that are no doubt based on Tanisha. JA is so out of control. I think this is h e r way of not only profiting from the crime but making sure that Travis' family enables her to do so.

Does anyone know if her jail account is public information? I seriously doubt that her "artwork" is fetching up to $3,000 as was reported by the National Enquirer.

Since Ebay dropped her, there is no way of tracking/verifying any bid history or bona fide bidders, as bids are submitted via email. From her art website: "This piece is an older piece of art drawn in 2012. It does have a couple of bends on the cardboard that it is drawn on, however, this is an original piece of art by Jodi Arias. The bid will start at $1000, please email your best offer to jodiariasart@gmail.com."

IMO, just more junk coming from a less than reliable source.

Later. About 30 minutes prior to start time? :waitasec: 9:30 Arizona Time is when it starts.

:tyou:

Can't argue with that. If there is a penalty phase, the jury will get to actually hear from those who have suffered at the lies and evilness of Ms. Arias. I can't see how a visual a week and a half before the jury begins deliberations in the guilt phase will have any sway, even if the visual is Grandma.

Well like I said you have to pull out all the stops, last one being the grandmother.

Does anyone think there's a chance the DT is going to try to extend this deadline given by the judge? I just cannot image them finishing when they are supposed to, it seems unreal that after all this time it's going to be over in a little more than a week.

Good morning by the way!

SN & BBM: Yes, I do believe the DT will do anything to extend the deadline ... but this time, I just don't see the judge giving in to them.

The Judge told the Jurors the schedule and considering what the jurors have been through, she needs to stick to it for the sake of the JURORS ! And I sure hope she told the DT the same thing !

:twocents: I admit that I have been critical of the judge, but I do think that she has FINALLY had enough of the DT shenanigans because it is probably affecting her schedule.

Enough is enough ... the DT took their time putting on a pathetic case with all sorts of "drama" and "shenanigans" from Jodi and their "experts" ...
And there is NOTHING more IMO that they can do ...

JMO and MOO !

:seeya: And Good Morning to Everyone !

:doh: I don't buy one word of this baloney! :gavel:

Jodi Arias trial: Arias reportedly said she was pregnant, miscarried

Posted: 10:02 PM
Last Updated: 1 hour and 26 minutes ago

•By: Stephanie Hockridge

PHOENIX - The whispers are coming from behind bars and Jodi Arias herself is saying she was pregnant and miscarried before Travis Alexander was murdered.

None of this was discussed as part of the case. In fact, news broke late Wednesday afternoon of the pregnancy and miscarriage claims.

It's all part of an article in the National Enquirer, which is out this week, and claims Jodi said she was devastated when she told Travis about the pregnancy and his reaction was very cold-hearted.

According to Senior Editor, Mike Walker, Jodi says it felt like Travis stabbed her in the heart. She didn't say how she lost the baby, or provide any other details for that matter.

Walker also said Wednesday on CNN Headline News that Jodi truly believes she will be acquitted of murder and is even making plans when she gets out of jail.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...aid-she-was-pregnant-miscarried#ixzz2RTry6VkB

Many moons ago we talked about this right here on this forum. It was considered by posters here as a surprise that JA did not use a pregnancy to trap TA. Also wondered if JA had any other pregnancies in her past. This is not a surprise to Websleuthers. It is a desperate attempt for JA on so many levels...and one of them is to further cause emotional harm to TA's family. :twocents::twocents:

Looking for the defense to try to pull a Baez during closing arguments. Perhaps using the pregnancy BS as Baez waited until closing arguments to say Caylee died in that pool.

Probably some time before trial starts at 9:30 AZ time.

I haven't read every single post concerning Jodi's grandmother being in the courtroom to presumably support her murdering granddaughter, so I apologize in advance if this has been said already, probably by somebody more articulate and erudite than me. If I am ever lucky enough to have a grandchild (my kids are young teenagers, so hopefully not for a decade or so) I don't believe I could support them if they were guilty of the crimes that I believe Jodi has committed. Support includes showing up in the courtroom during the waning phase of the trial. I think she is there to demonstrate her compassion for Jodi, as evinced by the wearing of the purple domestic violence ribbon on her blouse. Perhaps there is a hope that the jury will notice her there, and subconsciously register that Jodi has a family that loves her, that she is a human being, and deserves mercy. She is trying to spare her granddaughter the death penalty, I am sure. I am not certain that she believes Jodi's story, but her appearance and the ribbon at least indicate to me that there is some willingness, on Grandma's part, to entertain the notion that Jodi should be acquitted, or convicted of some lesser charge, and receive something less than a death sentence.

I am not evolved enough to want mercy for Jodi. I might feel differently if she was remorseful and was honest with the jury and Travis's family about what happened during that relationship and on that fateful day that she slaughtered him. If she demonstrated some grace, some integrity, some simple humanity, I might be swayed half an inch to at least grant her that she had made a horrible decision and she was willing to acknowledge it and, while it is impossible to make amends at this point, she could at least purge her conscience (assuming she has one, which is not even debatable to me right now, she does not) and let Travis's loved ones begin the healing process. Sorry for the run-on sentence. Instead, she perpetuates the long, slow torture of the Alexander family, in the courtroom and in her jail cell, in any way she possibly can, and uses her attorneys to further her smug, condescending and malicious efforts.

I would love my grandchild, regardless of what s/he did, but I could never countenance sitting in a courtroom with a ribbon on my blouse to represent the idea that I condoned her manufacture of some BS story about why this was self-defense and she was left with no choice other than kill or be killed. I would call her in jail, perhaps visit, once I had time to process what she had done, but I would not appear on her behalf trying to sway the triers of fact. I am a big believer in natural consequences. Jodi will get what she has coming to her, and I would never attempt to interfere with cosmic karma.

If anyone is familiar with the horror that took place in Cheshire, CT, take a look at the link below, which describes what a family member of one of the perpetrators in that case said about his nephew. He also wished happiness to the lone survivor, Dr. Petite, upon his engagement and subsequent marriage not too long ago. The definition of class, and a spine and enormous moral compass, to boot.

JMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3429323&page=1#.UXk7DrWG0c4

Good morning Kimster - as always, you make me :D

Yes. 9:30 Jodi time but it's going to be a short day, per the judge. I still haven't figured out why.

'Cos JM's last witness, Dr. Horn is on today. When he's done, there is nothing left but to wait for the defence's surrebuttal psychologist to, I assume, talk to Arias and look at all the communications; be deposed by JM; and rehearse his testimony with the defence team.

I wonder if he will bother to take notes or write a report? I suppose he needn't bother. By the time JM has gone over his relationship to ALV, and past testimony faux pas, the jury will have already tuned him out.

Wednesday should be entertaining to say the least.

Does anyone know if her jail account is public information? I seriously doubt that her "artwork" is fetching up to $3,000 as was reported by the National Enquirer.

Since Ebay dropped her, there is no way of tracking/verifying any bid history or bona fide bidders, as bids are submitted via email. From her art website: "This piece is an older piece of art drawn in 2012. It does have a couple of bends on the cardboard that it is drawn on, however, this is an original piece of art by Jodi Arias. The bid will start at $1000, please email your best offer to jodiariasart@gmail.com."

IMO, just more junk coming from a less than reliable source.

You don't think people are willing to pay "top dollar" for JA's beautiful artwork?? What is wrong with you?? :slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple