trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think there's a chance the DT is going to try to extend this deadline given by the judge? I just cannot image them finishing when they are supposed to, it seems unreal that after all this time it's going to be over in a little more than a week.

I was thinking about it last night and started getting really worried - I have PTSD over the CA verdict and I'm so scared for this one! Even though her guilt is more than obvious, I thought the same thing with CA. I am not going to be able to concentrate on anything once they announce they have a verdict.

Good morning by the way!

Does a bear poop in the woods? :waitasec:

:yes:

I think JM was simply trying to point out that Arias changed her hair color after picking up the rental car in Redding.

<snipped>

Who was it that drove JA from Yreka to Redding to rent that car?

Thanks. I just don't see how it's possible with how sllllooooowwwwww the DT is. :banghead:

Unless the judge interrupts them mid-sentence and tells them to hurry it up, they are going to drag it out as long as they can. They have no respect for anyone's time at all.

Hasn't Mum had previous contact or attempted contact with the NE about the forged letters ?

I agree though.

Yes and I believe her mother is the 'reliable source' re the fantasy pregnancy. Guess she got paid for that story. :banghead:

IMO JSS told the defense they can have ONE DAY for surrebuttal. That's why she told the jury that they'll stay in session "as long as it takes" on Wednesday.And JM will get to interview Geffner on Monday or Tuesday.

Keep calm and TRUST JUAN.

If that's what JSKS did, then she is also compressing direct testiphony objection sidebars, JM's cross and sidebars and the jurors' questions and counsel sidebars into that window as well.

Given the amount of time required for Samuels' and LaViolette's testphonies it's hard to believe, unless they're all prepared to work through the night and well into the next day, and the next, and the next, which will stomp on the schedule for closing arguments.

Yes. 9:30 Jodi time but it's going to be a short day, per the judge. I still haven't figured out why.

Probably a short day because JM is quick with his witnesses. IMO, we'll get the Chase rep and Dr Horn today and that's the end of the prosecution rebuttal.

I think it was her sister??

Thanks. When JA was testifying, JM mentioned it was a guy. To which JA responded it was her sister-in-law.

I'm wondering also why that individual wasn't subpoenaed. ?

Doesn't the DT have to file something to add a new witness? Has 'it' been filed? When would it have to be filed by?

Did the DT action motion/petition the court to present a surrebutal? Does anyone know if this has been done already? (Assuming this one is yes/yes).

Yes/Yes...they filed a motion and the State filed a motion against it. Jss allowed them to present the witness.

Thanks. When JA was testifying, JM mentioned it was a guy. To which JA responded it was her sister-in-law.

I'm wondering also why that individual wasn't subpoenaed. ?

Good point. She could attest to JA's hair color.

While I feel empathy for grandma, I think the " timing" and putting her front and center of jury's view is yet another desperate attempt of the defense team. I think they are thinking penalty phase and are wanting to put in juries minds all who would suffer if death penalty is given.

Can't argue with that. If there is a penalty phase, the jury will get to actually hear from those who have suffered at the lies and evilness of Ms. Arias. I can't see how a visual a week and a half before the jury begins deliberations in the guilt phase will have any sway, even if the visual is Grandma.

Unless the judge interrupts them mid-sentence and tells them to hurry it up, they are going to drag it out as long as they can. They have no respect for anyone's time at all.

Expect lots of objections from Juan that day... More side bars and in chambers pow wows than ever.

Juan's gotta keep anything about heat of the moment out. Questioning has to be tight an only to rebut what prosecution witness testified to. Super tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they only have Wednesday for the surrebuttal. The judge said they would even stay late if needed. They can only rebut the BPD claim I think

I realize the judge said that, but can she really enforce how long the DT takes? We have all seen the devious strategy the DT takes with their other witnesses. I just have a bad feeling they are going to try and make this witness drag on for multiple days. I just dont see how the judge can enforce a 1 day limit if the defense keeps asking question after question like they have done before.

They kind of fillebuster up there. :floorlaugh:

Probably a short day because JM is quick with his witnesses. IMO, we'll get the Chase rep and Dr Horn today and that's the end of the prosecution rebuttal.

Now I remember they won't be having court till Wednesday due to witness scheduling conflicts. So they probably couldn't get him on today, hence the short day since JM will finish quickly.

Duh, HO. Sometimes it takes my brain awhile to get out of the fog...

I realize the judge said that, but can she really enforce how long the DT takes? We have all seen the devious strategy the DT takes with their other witnesses. I just have a bad feeling they are going to try and make this witness drag on for multiple days. I just dont see how the judge can enforce a 1 day limit if the defense keeps asking question after question like they have done before.

They kind of fillebuster up there. :floorlaugh:

And she seems to have given in to most everything re: the DT. I don't see her putting her foot down here but I guess stranger things have happened.

Good point. She could attest to JA's hair color.

Also where JA was headed. Whoever drove her to Redding to rent that car would have asked her "where are you going?". But then maybe JM figured the person would lie on the stand anyway so why bother? :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple