trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is court over for today, or are they on break?

I wonder why Juan didn't ask the ME why there was no profuse bleeding in the brain cavity or the sinus cavity. That would have shown that the heart was not beating or the throat had been cut and the gun shot was last. The ME testified to that last time he was on the stand but it would have been nice if Juan had refreshed the jury's mind on that fact.
It would be fact that the shot was last with no other explanation that would have been possible.

Yeah some of those juror questions weren't good at all (the first two). At all. This isn't rocket science jurors. There was NO way for Travis to defend himself after a gunshot. Meaning the knife wounds HAD to come before the gun shot. It really is that simple.

Why don't you like the first question? I thought it was great! It shows that juror doesn't believe JA's story about where/how she shot TA. If her story were true, there would've been blood in that area, but there wasn't.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy the coroner's theory that the gunshot would have immediately incapacitated TA. There have been many accounts of people being impaled by objects that went through the face and/or skull and have surprised doctors by being completely alert and normal.

I do feel that the most likely scenario is JA brought the gun to shoot TA and that is what she did first. And when he wasn't instantly killed or incapacitated (he walked to the sink and coughed blood) she went and got a knife and finished the job. That is how he ended up having stab wounds on his back (him trying to get away) and ended up in the entrance of the master bedroom where his throat was slashed.

I have always thought this was what happened. I don't think JA would have risked TA getting away or fighting her off if she attacked him with just a knife. She stole the gun from her grandparents house and there was a reason for that.

Now, I did happen to catch dr. drew last night and did see how the shower photos eerily resemble the shower scene from the movie Psycho. So perhaps if JA is crazy enough (and not just borderline personality) she tried to reenact the scene and stabbed TA first. But then why shoot him after you fatally slash his throat?

So.....gma is there again today - don't know how I feel about that yet. I'm really trying to be nice - trying

IF grandma is a normal human being I suspect she is really there to support her own daughter (JA's mom) not JA. She may be wearing the ribbon just to make her daughter feel better. She may also feel guilt at the knowledge that her gun may have been part of the murder. I am going to give her some slack given the situation.

There is a big difference between being conscious and being able to attack Jodi.
Don't forget he supposedly went down with her, struggled, got on top with his hands around her neck, and said, "*advertiser censored*****g kill you, *advertiser censored*." With a bullet in his head and the concussive force of at least a hammer having slammed him upside the head. :rockon:

I just got chills - did you see how fast that crying face TOTALLY lweft the minute the jury was out??
OMG she is one sick creepy murderer!!!

OMFG! I just rewound it...

She even does like a shoulder shrug like 'that should've been good enough'

Super creepy to me shows just how idk if the word callus is even appropriate adjective to what she is really...

Wow Wow Wow!!!

You're right. Looks more like a sullen, pouty teenager to me.

Yup, and when Wilmott was asking Dr. Horn about gunshot first question and if it would immediately incapacitate, etc., Jodi would all of sudden "become" alert and turn her head. SHE IS AWARE AT ALL TIMES OF TESTIMONY AND WHAT IS BEING SAID. There is no sadness/confusion/despair in that fake-crying, oh no, she is FULLY ALERT. I've noticed this whenever she's fake crying and something beneficial or important to her case comes up, she immediately whips up her head and does her stare.

I think that Jodi is actually crying out of pure, undiluted fright. She is literally scared chitleeeeeeeeessss and realizes that the performance is over and it is time for the fat lady to sing Silent Night.

OMG what did I miss,,,got busy here. Next thing I know the seal is up!

yep, there are several of us who feel the gunshot was first. We feel it even more strongly proves premeditation if that is the case.

The stabbing slashing then finally shooting thing seems to be more likely to have a juror buy the dog and pony show of DV, crime of passion, self defense mumbo jumbo

regardless, whichever wounds were administered when, whichever the weapon was first or last, this case is still clearly premeditated murder.

Respectfully, disagree. I trust a scientist ... Not a liar.

As the deliberations draw closer, I'm so nervous. I keep getting flashbacks of the CA trial. I don't think I can watch anymore. I can only hope that some juror questions are just for clarification and not because anyone buys her story. I don't think it's possible for her story to be believable. Juan has worked so had, the Alexander family has been through so much, the evidence is overwhelming, and Travis deserves justice. Please do the right thing by sentencing her to either LWOP or DP. At this point just please do the right thing in the name of justice.

not that i get any of jw points... however, what was the her point about sitting in the chair?

Dr. mentioned sitting in the chair...probably subliminally looking at Nurmi slouched over in his chair.

Willmott was trying to make the point that the cut throat happening first would be impossible based on the trajectory of the bullet wound to the head - i.e., Travis wouldn't have been able to lift his head up to the right angle to accept the bullet to his head.

Effing ridiculous.

Juror question . . JA said she shot TA in bathroom - if true bleeding from nose and mouth wouldn't there be blood in bathroom?

yes

But that would only be if she shot him first. Shooting him after the neck wound, there would be very little blood as most of it had been pumped out of his body at that point. That is why Rob Lowe saw very little/no bleeding in the cranial area upon his examination. Can someone with a better grasp of this evidence confirm or deny?

You are correct, also the bullet casing landed IN a pool of blood - he had already pretty much bled out by the time she shot him, so no blood near the bullet wound.

Unfortunately, at least based on the two first questions it would appear at least one person on the jury thinks she did.

....but she killed him. She ADMITTED TO IT. If I was a juror it would not matter to me which happened first as she killed him. Took a life...........and then to leave him their to decompose would mean that is how cold blooded she is.

Eventhough we know her tears are fake, when she only uses the tissues to wipe her nose and not her face. makes then more obivious her tears are fake as hell.. makes me wonder if she is pulling nose hairs out to make a tear fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV