Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video Link At Bottom On How Jodi Killed Travis Alexander By Her Own Words.

#1 Jodi says Travis said (kill you *****) after she shot him in the head and she broke free.
ME said that Travis would not have been able say or do anything immediately after being shot.
M.E said either the throat slitting or the gunshot to the head would cause incapacitation immediately. The stab wound to the chest that cut the return artery would have likely allowed Travis to be conscious enough to walk for a few seconds.
While M.E was testifying Jodi looked at every autopsy photo that was shown, she had to see each and every one of them.
M.E says by being shot in the head as Travis had done to him he would have been incapacitated immediately after shot to the head.
This means Travis could not have chased after Jodi after being shot in the head.
The M.E said the bullet had to have passed through the front of the brain, there was no way the bullet could have missed the brain.
M.E said the defensive wounds would have to have come when he was still alive.

This video reference to how the murder was done is probably exactly right, watch for your self then decide.

The following Youtube reference is depicts a theory of how Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander based on the forensic evidence & her own statements to the police.
It contains graphic testimony and photos.
VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mXlwTZoMzQ

Wow! In her interrogation with Flores, JA talks about not being jealous. Well, maybe a little that he was going to Cancun. Then she says the only one preventing her from moving on was herself. And she said, "until I made that step..." I really think she thought the only way to move on without Travis was if he was dead. She had always been able to worm her way back into the lives of the men in her life, except for this time. Scary! Thanks for sharing the video.

BBM

I agree. Another posted that last night on NG there was conversation with the girl TA bought the engagement ring for who said she knew that JA and TA were dating in Oct 2006. Yet, JA says not until 2/2007 IIRC were they 'official'. I wonder if TA, knowing she was a pathological liar, along with the Christmas scenario, is when JA amped it up to include sex. In Oct/Nov was when she was 'baptized' and that didn't work, so they were official in JA's mind once the sex started.

It seemed to be the same in the MM/Bianca scenario, friends with benefits and JA thought they were official. She stopped sex with DB that late summer of 2006 to save herself for marriage, yet was living with him each and everyday. Its like she only was official with someone when the sex started and they were just friends when she decided to stop the sex.

Sex, sex sex...its weird. Everything in her life revolves around it. IMHO.

K

BBM

Sex was how she (or how she tried) to control the guys... and nothing was off limits for her - which is probably most every guy's fantasy *advertiser censored**

I asked on the legal thread what the potential impact of this is on the JA trial-- as in, is the situation now resolved with his dismissal from the jury, or are there any lingering concerns about mistrial related to this, etc.

The only thing that bugs me now is Atty Wilmott was all smiley at the end yesterday. When I was watching the video, I was puzzled about this in light of yesterday's testimony, and figured something favorable to the defense had happened behind the scenes. Now I wonder if there are more ramifications to Juror 8's dismissal, such as another Nurmi filing for a mistrial over this.

It worries me this close to closing arguments.

JMHO, but maybe it would have been a good thing for this jury to have been sequestered. I wonder where he got drunk. Could he have gotten drunk at a place where he might have "discussed" the trial with someone? I bet DT will find out and find "someone" he was talking to while drunk about the trial and being on the jury. Again, I think this jury should have been sequestered.

Jodi lies, but there is some truth to her ridiculous lies.

Somewhere you do not get what I am saying. It is so much easier to shoot someone than stab them.

I have never stabbed or shot anyone, but shooting is so much easier.

Why would she steal the gun in such a crazy manner if that was not her first choice.
She stole the gun with a purpose and that was to kill Travis.

Can someone explain to me why she stole the gun, and did not mean to use it?

IMO Jodi planned EVERYTHING to a T...Look at all the preplanning she did to make sure she was not recognized in AZ and all the planning to seem like she had never even been there. This murder was thought out to a T in her mind. I bet thats all she thought about from that phone call to when she murdered him. What better way to divert any suspicion on her than to have 2 killers? She had planned on both the knife and the gun from the beginning. The gun had to be last as why would a 2nd killer stab him if he was already dead. What she didnt count on was that TA would be able to fight back and make his way out of the shower. I believe her plan was always to have both the stabbing and the gun shot happen in the shower. When things didnt go according to her plan she continued stabbing until he was under her control and she dragged him back to the bathroom where the gun was, shot him and the put him back in the shower to continue with her original plan.

Okay, I just have to say few things.

First, the other day when Deanna Reid was up, I kept getting the feeling Nurmi REALLY did not want to ask her the stuff he did. He asked, but I noticed he kept sighing an AWFUL lot before hand.

Second, I for one am OVERJOYED that there is no court until the 1st!! We're leaving today for vaca, so I'll be able to run around and have fun without feeling like I'm MISSING OUT!!! We're flying on the 1st also, but I can live with missing one day!

Go Juan!!! Justice for Travis.

I've no idea what her childhood was like prior to becoming a teenager. Where have you read about that?

We know JA hit her brother over the head with a baseball bat (bullying, violence, fighting). Kicked their dog (cruelty to animals) (probably killed the poor thing too). Was growing weed on the roof of the house (lying, bad judgement, probably substance abuse). Ran away from home at least once when a teenager (running away from home). I'm sure there are more examples.

She exhibited plenty of signs IMO.

My only issue with the above is we are getting this information on 'how bad' she was as a child from sources other than being there. JA said she kicked the dog, now some speculate the dog was killed. We don't know that.

Yes, the above descriptions would lead us to believe that there were problems with this particular child. But, hitting siblings, running away from home and pot use don't mean a person is going to end up a killer. A lot of kids, especially from the 70's when I grew up, lots of people smoked pot and ran away from home and wanted love and vw bug. None of them have gone on to be anything terrible. Couple counselors, teachers and lawyers in the group.

I am not saying her parents did everything they could. I am not even saying that JA was not obviously in need of help at a young age. I am just saying that sometimes on these boards/mainstream media we get a picture that is a little exaggerated. JA said she kicked the dog in frustration. Bad thing? Yes. Would I believe that she hurt the dog? Possible. Grew pot WITH FRIENDS on her roof, yep. None of her friends are killers?

I am not sticking up for parents or JA. Just think sometimes speculation goes to far and then it becomes fact.

Kelly

As for the question of motive...wait for it....wait for it...

How about Travis dropped Jodi's camera, she got into a linebackers' stance, lunged at him, etc.

Just thinking about her kernel of truth thingie she has goin' on.

I actually have a cousin-when something bad happens to her....it actually happened to someone else. When something good happens to others--it actually happened to her. She actually believes and she is also a habitual liar. :facepalm:

Excellent. So I guess no running around, and lunging while yelling, directly at jodi, huh? No wrestling around to try to kill her on the floor? Yeah, he's been shot in the head and he's supposed to have been throwing her around and wrestling her, right? So then she had to butcher him like livestock to save her life AFTER he was shot and "kept coming and coming at me"? Didn't think so.

Sounds like it was a nice day!

Basically what he is saying is that TA would have been like a TBI/Closed Head Injury (and from what he observed during the autopsy, TA would have had significant limitations). Those folks do things that are familiar, but they have a real hard time with staying on task or even staying focused on something. He might have been able to get out of the shower and down the hall, but it is very unlikely that he would have been able to defned himself. The problem is that no two head injuries are the same. Some are walkie talkies, but most have significant impairments that severely limit purposeful movement.

Something clicked when rewatching Jodi's testimony. When responding to the jury question about her lying, she refers to Travis' death as an incident. I don't know, seemed rather...cold.

If the DUI is true, it makes you wonder how loose his lips were in the bar or wherever he was doing his drinking. How truly pathetic a 50+ yo man we would refer to as CEO would be drunk driving and showing such reckless disregard for the lives of his fellow men and women.
I'm hoping the story doesn't relate to our juror because this is mistrial worthy :twocents:

Getting a DUI is not "mistrial worthy." As long as he didn't compromise the other jurors, whatever he was doing on his own time comes back only to him. And he was removed from the jury panel and that's that. As for his drinking and DUI, that's a whole 'nother issue, not connected to this trial.

Getting a DUI is not "mistrial worthy." As long as he didn't compromise the other jurors, whatever he was doing on his own time comes back only to him. And he was removed from the jury panel and that's that. As for his drinking and DUI, that's a whole 'nother issue, not connected to this trial.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking as well. As long as there were no other jurors present I can't understand why it would be mistrial worthy either.

But, I guess we will see as time goes on what Nurmi/Wilmot do. At this point, I do think they try for every mistrial they can, so I wouldn't be surprised but I don't think it would be granted with what information is out there at the moment.

K

I am confident that Juan Martinez will have a brilliant closing but, I would begin by holding up the book "1000 Places to See Before You Die" and recite the number (not exactly sure how many) ie. 980 --

980, 980 places - Travis still had 980 places to see before he died...

I am confident that Juan Martinez will have a brilliant closing but, I would begin by holding up the book "1000 Places to See Before You Die" and recite the number (not exactly sure how many) ie. 980 --

980, 980 places - Travis still had 980 places to see before he died...

I hope Juan's co workers are reading...this would be a perfect ending. Especially if he adds in Jodi should not see them either.

K

I am only going to say this one more time. Stealing the gun and shooting him is premeditated. Stabbing him first does not work with that the premeditation theory.

Which ever way she did it, no one will know other than one person.

And i hate her with a passion. Hopefully the jury will see what an evil, heartless , egotistical, person she is. Who has absolutely no remorse for the carnage she has caused.

I completely disagree...she could have brought a backup weapon or planned to use both from the get go.

IF any jurors have doubts about the gun, premeditation can be established a minute before she killed him.

I have to say that I do feel for the DT because......look who they have to deal with. JA has done nothing but lied on the stand. They are probably now just trying to save her life-they probably already know they have lost the case. I believe their defense is only as good as their client is...if that makes any sense. :) How can one defend a habitual liar? How can they truly defend her if they don't know exactly what happened.

But I do know one thing my fellow Sleuthers........................JUAN MARTINEZ IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still a firm believer he will get the verdict he is after.

I completely disagree...she could have brought a backup weapon or planned to use both from the get go.

IF any jurors have doubts about the gun, premeditation can be established a minute before she killed him.

I agree. And we still don't know if the gun jammed the first time and that is why she resorted to stabbing.

IMHO

BBM

Sex was how she (or how she tried) to control the guys... and nothing was off limits for her - which is probably most every guy's fantasy *advertiser censored**

Yeah--and she did visit a slew of ex-boyfriends down the coast of California on her murder trip--wonder what she sold for all that cash she deposited?

Jodi has no soul.

I have to say that I do feel for the DT because......look who they have to deal with. JA has done nothing but lied on the stand. They are probably now just trying to save her life-they probably already know they have lost the case. I believe their defense is only as good as their client is...if that makes any sense. :) How can one defend a habitual liar? How can they truly defend her if they don't know exactly what happened.

But I do know one thing my fellow Sleuthers........................JUAN MARTINEZ IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still a firm believer he will get the verdict he is after.

From the beginning when Wilmot said in opening statements that JA killed him it seemed the only thing they were doing was trying to save her from the death penalty.

To me, imho, this has never been a trial about who killed him but does JA deserve the death penalty.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member