Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the million dollar question. A great office pool idea :)

I would advise both Wilmcott and Nurmi to keep their distance during this time.

My guess is she is going to give an evil look at the jury and she will just keep that evil mad look on her until they whisk her away.

She is the type of person I would worry about if I was on that jury. She is the type to keep a grudge and if she is ever let out, I would not be surprised if she creates a hit list. Luckily she should get either DP or LWOP.

IMO she knows she will be in prison the rest of her life. That's why this part of the trial has been Jodi's Scorched Earth Policy.
In her mind: It's Travis that made me so upset. I needed to move on. My obsession and constant thoughts of him wouldn't allow me to move on. The only way I can possibly move on with my life, find another Morman man in PPL etc is if he is gone or he will ruin my reputation...Travis had to die so Jodi could survive...

So....it's his fault. I had to kill him. I know I will go to jail forever. That's his fault too so Travis and his reputation will pay for this fact.

Where I think Jodi could lose it in the courtroom is during the guilt phase where no Travis bashing will be allowed. Lets talk about Jodi and HER issues. Her Problems, her psychopathy :banghead:

I am confident that Juan Martinez will have a brilliant closing but, I would begin by holding up the book "1000 Places to See Before You Die" and recite the number (not exactly sure how many) ie. 980 --

980, 980 places - Travis still had 980 places to see before he died...

I'll add to your closing.......
He should count every stab wound, slash and gun shot (pictures included)
He should close with her own words......(paraphrase)..."The jury will never convict me" and if "I ever killed him I would beg for the death penalty".

I am only going to say this one more time. Stealing the gun and shooting him is premeditated. Stabbing him first does not work with that the premeditation theory.
I don't understand this argument. The use of a knife requires procuring and then using said weapon; even if done very quickly, adequate time elapsed---only a split-second is required to form intent-- to meet the requirements for premeditation. The only way using the knife first is incompatible with premeditation is if you buy Arias's preposterous self-defense argument. I have great faith that that myth has been successfully put to rest by the prosecutor.

I wouldn't be one to live in Cabot cove :floorlaugh: probably a 1 in 10 chance of being murdered:eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

For sure…and Cabot Cove was losing a citizen once a week! :floorlaugh:

I'll add to your closing.......
He should count every stab wound, slash and gun shot (pictures included)
He should close with her own words......(paraphrase)..."The jury will never convict me" and if "I ever killed him I would beg for the death penalty".

I would most certainly expect Juan to use that little tidbit in closing arguments. It has to be a Prosecutors dream to have that on tape to play for the jury.

The suicide explanation for that just fell as flat as the rest of her testimony on the stand. It is most apparent to me that even while testifying she was embellishing as she went along. Even seemed like there were times her attny's were kinda stumped.

I think in the end, Dr. DeMarte also made a good point about losing memory instead of gaining it. In the Ninja video (interrogation) JA knew quite a bit about what happened that day. Now that she confesses she did it in self defense she can't remember anything. I hope Juan brings up the fact that the ninja story and all she remembered coupled with the Dr's testimony and what the ME states probably happened. I doubt so much of JA's testimony but keep going back to that interrogation and for some reason believe that what she says TA did (screaming) talking about being unable to feel his legs etc..it just seems to be the truth or most believable part she has said.

K

Morning:seeya:

Im not sure why but im feeling very anxious today that in one week we will be so close to justice.
I dont think im worried as such about the verdict...there is a mountain of evidence against jodi and the jurors seem very smart and attentive...ok ok I just tell myself that so I don't start worrying. :confused: :(

I can't wait until its all over and travis and his family have justice but also for the jurors to speak out, to hear what was going through their minds, to see it from their perspective.

This is my first trial so I didn't go through the FCA trial but I know I would have lost it over that, I just can't see anything like that happening here.a gut feeling I guess

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I just started reading Wendy Murphy's book"And Justice For Some"...advertised here on Websleuths....not far into it but she lays it out and I admire her for having the courage to write this book...also happy to know she felt the same way I did about OJ & MJ...hope its ok to say that.Disgraceful that money talks and the guilty walk...

I have to say that I do feel for the DT because......look who they have to deal with. JA has done nothing but lied on the stand. They are probably now just trying to save her life-they probably already know they have lost the case. I believe their defense is only as good as their client is...if that makes any sense. :) How can one defend a habitual liar? How can they truly defend her if they don't know exactly what happened.

But I do know one thing my fellow Sleuthers........................JUAN MARTINEZ IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still a firm believer he will get the verdict he is after.

They had to defend her, but in my opinion, there is no excuse for the ugly way they trashed Travis. She took his life. His reputation was the only thing left and they did their best to destroy it. Thankfully, those who knew him knew better. There was no excuse for Nurmi to dwell on his sex life. This was about murder! There was no excuse for Jennifer Wilmott sitting there talking, writing notes, and laughing like best fifth grade friends. I was appalled yesterday when court starting back and JW was sitting there laughing, when Travis's family had just gone through such a heartwrenching morning. I guess it was because the juror had been dismissed, but it was totally inappropriate, no matter what it was.

Grrrr, thanks. So frustrating! I have to imagine this jury will be pissed when they get to see the mountain of stuff that was left out. I would be rippin'!!!

:banghead:

Nope. The point of a trial is for the state to present and then prove the charges they bring against a defendant and for the defendant to hold the state to their burden of proof. That's it. Every.Little.Bit.Of.Information is not required in most cases to prove a case. Some of the info is not relevant and/or would create prejudice.

Cases are not presented for the entertainment and amusement of an enraptured public. I think jurors understand their jobs and certainly by the end are well informed the only evidence they are to consider is that which was presented to them in the courtroom. The only relevant evidence is that which is presented in court (assuming the judge has ruled correctly on everything).

Do you guys remember the closing arguments in the KC trial? I was a little disappointed that Ashton/Linda focused mostly on the days after the murder. They went through day 1 to day 31. They spent 30 seconds on the day of the murder itself. The days after the murder are important but not as important as the days leading to the murder and the day of the murder itself! That jury would have never convicted KC for anything no matter what but just saying...

I hope JM uses a story-format during closing. With chronology. A big calendar. A map. Blown up photos of everything important. I think the jurors need to see the closet photo again and again. Travis did not own a gun. JA brought her grandfather's gun. Once that is understood then everything else falls into place.

Some amateurs on youtube have used the story telling format to describe why and how JA premeditated the whole thing. The evidence has to be presented clearly and in a simple manner. Dumbed down till you can't dumb it down anymore is what we need. It's very effective.

I trust JM...

Travis and his Linda were such an adorable couple. So cute and innocent. Brought tears to my eyes. This young man had so much to live for and it was taken away. JMO

I would most certainly expect Juan to use that little tidbit in closing arguments. It has to be a Prosecutors dream to have that on tape to play for the jury.

The suicide explanation for that just fell as flat as the rest of her testimony on the stand. It is most apparent to me that even while testifying she was embellishing as she went along. Even seemed like there were times her attny's were kinda stumped.

I think in the end, Dr. DeMarte also made a good point about losing memory instead of gaining it. In the Ninja video (interrogation) JA knew quite a bit about what happened that day. Now that she confesses she did it in self defense she can't remember anything. I hope Juan brings up the fact that the ninja story and all she remembered coupled with the Dr's testimony and what the ME states probably happened. I doubt so much of JA's testimony but keep going back to that interrogation and for some reason believe that what she says TA did (screaming) talking about being unable to feel his legs etc..it just seems to be the truth or most believable part she has said.

K

JA saying she could never use a knife and that it would heinous to do so tells us a lot about her. Play it over and over again for the jury. :stormingmad:

I have to say that I do feel for the DT because......look who they have to deal with. JA has done nothing but lied on the stand. They are probably now just trying to save her life-they probably already know they have lost the case. I believe their defense is only as good as their client is...if that makes any sense. :) How can one defend a habitual liar? How can they truly defend her if they don't know exactly what happened.

But I do know one thing my fellow Sleuthers........................JUAN MARTINEZ IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still a firm believer he will get the verdict he is after.

i'll say one thing for her DT. they've given it their all and more, pulled everything and anything no matter how ridiculous to help their client.
i bet their glad it's almost over. i'm relieved myself. JMO, i don't think it will be anything less than LWOP or the DP. Juan is Juadnderful!

I completely disagree...she could have brought a backup weapon or planned to use both from the get go.

IF any jurors have doubts about the gun, premeditation can be established a minute before she killed him.

I agree.

I think the gun WAS the backup. She was used to using knives ie. slashing tires.

I have always believed the stab to the heart was first. She wanted to take his heart the way he had taken hers. If he wouldn't willingly give his heart to her she would just take it in full blown Jodi style of symbolism.

I also believe if any jurors have doubts it is because they are easily persuaded and will be persuaded in deliberation by the jurors that have it figured out.

Justice is near!!

As the trial draws to a close, RadarOnline.com has collected 8 pieces of shocking and insightful information that for a variety of legal reasons didn’t make it into the courtroom while the jury was present.

1. Jodi’s Jail Rap Sheet
Far from a model prisoner, Arias’ disciplinary action report shows that the murder defendant was embroiled in a fight with her cell mate at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix, Ariz. on July 27, 2009, which she claimed was self defense.

She also had a number of bizarre violations of prison policy such as hiding pens under her sink, possessing 19 unauthorized pictures, disobeying her instructor and possessing unauthorized creams including anti-itch, anti-fungal and acne lotion, according to records obtained by HLNTV.

3. Styled By Her Defense Team!
The jury members have most likely noticed that Jodi often dresses remarkably similar to her defense attorney Jennifer Willmott, but what they don’t realize is that the brunette lawyer is responsible for providing her with clothes for court each day, reported HLNTV. The clothes are bought from bargain and discount stores.

(you know Jodi HATES that ^^)

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/04/8-pieces-evidence-jodi-arias-jury-wont-hear/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member