Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually did in his statement, he claims he went towards the bathroom after hearing a noise and screamed at the "intruders" to get out his house BEFORE shooting. Im guessing if this is to be believed, it was shouted with some anxiety/urgency and panic.

So why didn't Reeva reply to his screams? After the first shot, why didn't she say IT"S ME< STOP SHOOTING?

Lerena is now 9-0, and last fought in November.

I heard (rumour) that after the shots were fired, he broke down the door with the cricket bat, then bashed her head in. Is there any basis to this? I haven't heard it come out in trial yet. Many thanks, and MOOOOO!

Mel

He did break down the door w/cricket bat, but apparently she had no blunt force trauma injuries according to the autopsy. IIRC

the hole in the floor from the fired gun was just near his toe.. he was in shock.. I bet he was. Being a boxer.. toes have significance.

Take the blame for me , Darren!! says Oscar.. so Darren does

This witness is establishing that OP is a liar and will say/do anything to save his own neck, even if it means letting a friend take the fall for him.

Shocking.. Roux is not prepared to cross exam the witness.

It may be that I've been living in England too long but I am flabbergasted that anyone experienced in firearms would be passing around a loaded weapon in a crowded restaurant.
It just so defies any lick of common sense.

JMO

Shocking.. Roux is not prepared to cross exam the witness.

it was short and sweet for Lerena.. Roux backed off a bit there.. not much he could do though.. there the facts were, Oscar fires a loaded gun in a restaurant, and asks his pal to take the blame , the pal does, no body says a dickiebird.

Did I miss it?

Did Nel get Lerena to testify that the gun had a safety and other aspects involved before it could be fired?

Gerald Imray &#8207;@GeraldImrayAP 1m
#OscarPistorius trial > Adjourn, with defense saying need time for prepare for boxer. Interesting: Judge wants to see counsel in chambers

Gerald Imray &#8207;@GeraldImrayAP 5m
#OscarPistorius trial > Prosecution moves to one of the firearm charges Pistorius faces. Poss because it was hurt with Johnson testimony

https://twitter.com/GeraldImrayAP

Did I miss it?

Did Nel get Lerena to testify that the gun had a safety and other aspects involved before it could be fired?

shane...Nel hasn't cross examined Lerena,yet.. he wants to go over notes as Larena is out of the order of witnesses due to the request by Roux for Charl's notes .. after lunch, I assume.

Roux is trying to convince the Judge that all the ear-witnesses are mistaken in what they heard.

He's trying to persuade the witnesses that the screams they heard came AFTER the gunshots when OP realized he had shot Reeva and not an intruder, and that the gunshots they thought they heard were instead the sounds of the cricket bat as OP heroically bashed in the door in an effort to save his beloved girlfriend.

Exactly, and it's a coincidence that they all describe exactly four gunshots which match four holes in the door, and Roux is trying to sell his yarn that what they heard was the same exact number, no more no less but four thumps of the bat.

This witness is establishing that OP is a liar and will say/do anything to save his own neck, even if it means letting a friend take the fall for him.

I think more than this.
Isn't there a charge in indictments for firing the gun in a public place?
This incident is that charge.

But this is not what the witness, Dr Burger testifed: that she heard the male voice say help 3x in a not too emotional way.
Yes I know but was just pointing out that OP has already stated HE was screaming at some point before the shooting, I would imagine its up to the pros to refute that it was in fact Reeva screaming. I would think if it came down to Burger and OP, it becomes a case of she said, he said???. Her husband has already contradicted her testimony by claiming he in fact woke her up and not the screaming as she initially claimed!

and just a small recap for the reason why Reeva didn't scream or do anything (which is quite plausible and usable by the defence) is that she hears OP screaming intruder, she remains quiet and I think it was debated last year that it could possibly have been the point that Reeva locked the door. I would also go so far as to understand that this whole scenario could have happened in less than a minute..from hearing a noise to shots fired!

This is just all my opinion and with huge speculation :)

I am watching Test cricket as I type. a cricket ball travelling at 145 klms aimed at a batters legs.. he cracks it with the bat ( hopefully ) and this sound is a dull thud.. two moving objects colliding.. bat moving in a sweep, ball moving at warp speed.. a cricket bat bashing on a static article ( the toilet door) would have another sound. but nothing like a gunshot.. wont fly. be odd if Oscar hit the door 4 times with the cricket bat and co incidentally fired the gun exactly 4 times as well. ... cosmic, really

Seems I missed both a lot and not very much while I was away.

Lerena, a rather credible witness in that he is open about his admiration for Oscar, has testified the man's prone to firing guns in the spur of the moment at inappropriate times - and is good at making up spur of the moment lies to get out of it too.

Amazing that Charl cannot find his notes. I hope judge is going to give both prosecution and defence a good talking to, and tell them to get their act together. It's a bit of a fiasco so far today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi