Trial Discussion Thread #13 - 14.03.25, Day 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel calls the next witness - a Warrant Officer Maritz based at Boschkop Police Station in the crime information office. BB

He has been in service 24 yrs. Crime info 15 yrs.

Okay, it's officer Maritz I see.

Oh no' Someone at my door....

I wonder if he's going to testify about previous call outs to the Pistorius house?

It took me a while to figure out, it got tiring, so maybe Reeva hadn't got sick of it yet!

I never did hear an answer from her that said, yes I am safe.

Maritz: checked the police files using Oscar’s ID number and established that he was never a complainant in a matter. BB

Typical British sarcasm from a tweet by Harding

andrew harding ‏@BBCAndrewH 45 secs

Our favourite interpreter is back, with the thick accent and loud clear voice. #OscarPistorius

a picture on the screen shows an aerial photo of the Silverlakes area showing crime hotspots. BB

Showing map of crime spots in Silver Lakes last 3 yrs. I can't really see the different coloured dots though.

Maybe he just wanted to make sure she got home safe? \o/

Nel wants to show OP's fears of break-ins were irrational, unreasonable. A small point, the other day I stumbled on a statistical web for SA crime figures and even though break-ins were high, apparently more in specific areas, there were incredibly few injuries or deaths related to burglaries.

Jan 2011- April 2013 reports for silverwoods.

Murder at 268 Bushwallah.

Theft at same address.

I am not sure what the connection is...

154 Wildwood. House robbery. 24th Oct, 2011.

No other house robberies or burglaries.

Nel steps down.

Roux up.

R: You are only talking about crime that was reported that you could find on your computer?

The text from Oscar read "I can’t afford for that to come out. The guys promised not to say a thing.” One would assume that to make a promise would imply that they were asked to?

Hence the nasty dagger-eye look from OP at Darren while he was on the stand.

R: You don't have any info about crime that wasn't reported.....there was a statement from Mr Mandelow?? there was another robbery in 2010. Police attending were coming from another robbery on another estate...

Roux is making point that secure estates don"t assure security. He says OP was a victim of crime on many occasions.

Witness says it is possible.

Roux steps down.

Nel: If OP reported those many crimes it would be on the system?

Witness: It would have appeared on the system. Unless he made a mistake with his id or something.

Nel wants lunch.

That state witness was a waste, I think. Sorry.

All we have learned it seems is that OP is going to claim he was a victim of multiple crimes, which he never bothered to report.

Is the Silverwoods Estate within Silver Lakes, or are they two adjoining estates or what?

I think he is a necessary witness. Short and sweet, but it is important for the judge to know how low crime levels were in and around the estate... generally estate security and private security do work with police so there is a very low likelihood of there being multiple violent crimes which were never officially reported. Ditto with OP... if you are not going to report crime, don't complain that it happened and expect to be believed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper