Trial Discussion Thread #20 - 14.04.08, Day 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read that he had just put the bat against the door .
Will have to go back and read again

Yeah today be said his bedroom door didn't lock very well and bolstered it with the cricket bat

Ok after hearing him talk, sorry to OP supporters but he wasn't following the mantra of 'telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth', sorry. He is hiding stuff.

We have brought it up here many times, but no, it has never been mentioned by either team.

That tells me it is a moot point, but i would still like confirmation one way or the other. Or for the DT to claim...wait for it...that it was broken.

It was Baba the security guard that questioned why OP didn't press the panic button during his testimony. The security system OP testified about today he said he had it installed not long after her moved into the property. I think the way Baba referenced the panic button, it maybe one that all homes have installed by the estate as part of their security.

It's been mentioned several times and queried why OP didn't use it. OP just referred to the alarms in the house during his evidence. I didn't understand whether he was referring to the panic button, or the burglar alarm. Also talked about the decorators taking off one sensor. I think he was referring to this causing them to fail, or something like that.

I meant has Oscar ever mentioned having panic buttons at his home? (Direct alert for security personnel to attend )

======
Convenient how he can recall fine details during the heat of the moment, yet blur or forget other moments....
======

OP has a problem with his story.....

Neighbors version: FIGHTING & SCREAMING, THEN bangs, then screaming STOPPED

OP version: Bangs, THEN "his" screaming

Yep... I'd call that onehelofa HUGE problem!

Sat there? With so much of Reeva's blood around in the toilet how come he succeeded in not leaving any of his blood soaked hands, prosthetics,and knee prints anywhere in the toilet.

... or his vomit.

Further, I think what Roux said here is unconscionable. The only person who ruined Oscar Pistorius' life is Mr Oscar Pistorius, only Oscar, not the prosecution, shot Reeva so the irresponsible and reckless act is his and his alone for rest of his days. And if I were he out of guilt, remorse and repentance I would dedicate my life to working for the good of others. Didn't OP promise God in front of Stepp to dedicate his whole life to Reeva if she lived... well it's time he started because so far it seems to me more about self pity than anything else.

Agreed. I find that statement by Roux to him offensive. The man is doing his job. OP ruined 2 families forever also. I feel he was an accident waiting to happen, he would have shot someone sooner or later.

O: I woke up in the earlhrs 14 feb. Extremely warm. I sat up in bed. I nticed the fans were still running and doors open though lights switched off. Reeva was awake. Saif "can't you sleep baba?'

I got to the fans, took the small one, placed it pretty much in the room. Then the big one, placed it in the bedroom. They were still running. Then I closed and locked the doors and closed the curtains. I can't remember about the blinds.

Huh?? :scared::scared:

Back from my cat nap....I haven't watched the
Last bit of trial....I've been catching up here.xoxo

I destinctly heard Roux whisper a word that OP repeated right away..sometime before the lunch break.

His story sounds rehearsed . He repeated it word for word if he got interrupted.

Agreed. I find that statement by Roux to him offensive. The man is doing his job. OP ruined 2 families forever also. I feel he was an accident waiting to happen, he would have shot someone sooner or later.

Been there, done that - tablemate's toe in restaurant Only grace of God OP didn't cripple him for life.

=====
The reason why OP said he held Reeva for some time, is because people are wondering what the delay was in calling for help, as they want us to believe the first shots were the gun (not the latter shots).

So he held her but didn't try to get help for her ? And where are his footprints in blood if he sat with her while she was still in the toilet... or did I get it wrong and he pulled her out and then sat with her for he doesn't know how long?

I am wondering - Is it possible for Nel not to get a chance to cross examine Oscar? :(
I imagine Roux finishing with Oscar at the end of the week, Nel starting cross examination Monday morning and at the first big challenge Oscar breaking down and being unable to return to the stand. Roux will describe his break down and that he now needs medical care. The trial goes on without Oscar testifying further and Roux in closing asks/pleads that Milady not penalise Oscar for his inability to continue testifying. Please consider that he recounted his entire memory of the event and that he then became medically unfit to remain on the stand. Roux might give a big sob story about a ruined and broken, heartbroken man who needs care and medical help not jail and further punishment.

That will be absolutely ridiculous if he does .. how many other murderers have got away with not having to go through with a trial because they are 'broken'? They'd all be doing it if it meant they could get away with it. Old Dewani has tried that old malarky, but look at him, he has been flown over to SA and is back in court today. They'll always get caught in the end, no matter how much pretence they put up.

Kudos again for Capt. Mangena's professionalism and grace under fire.

Then sorry but imo the lady ain't no psychologist at all but more like a nurse, or a nanny, because it is an absolute no no for a professional psychologist to demonstrate that kind of empathy with a client because it doesn't work... the "and we all cry together" routine doesn't help any patient overcome, it merely reinforces their conflicts, pain, or whatever, and stops them from moving forward. It also allows patient to manipulate the psychologist, another no no.

She also left in the same car with him, wonder if she is also staying with the family. Very personal care indeed

My Lady was quick to leave the bench when OP started moaning, very quick. She does not want to sit there and observe this spectacle. And she did not seem at all bothered to adjourn early either. So I suspect that one of two things are about to happen. She will continue to take Crybaby breaks and adjourn as needed, if OP looks overwhelmed emotionally, for as long as it takes to finish this man's trial. Or she will admonish him from the bench to compose himself. Either way this trial is not going to stop unless a doctor of medicine, a psychiatrist not a psychologist, testifies that OP needs to be hospitalized for whatever period of time.

OH MY GOODNESS.. so true... the last few seconds of this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOnoiIPsLbA

Can you believe this guy? Falling apart, crying, WAILING!!!! Extra ferocity at the end... this is turning into an exhibition... ha! What a joke...

C'mon, Nell, get in there and put an end TO THIS MOCKERY!!!!!

Listen to him cry at the end there... oh man... oh...

Surely a judgement cannot be made until he has been cross examined?

A judgement can only be made without the accused testifying and being crossed if at the time of the act they were mentally incompetent, at least in UK law. In which case a jury is asked to decide after presentation of the evidence "did they do the act" rather than whether the person is innocent or guilty. As OP was, even if also paranoid, reckless and irresponsible, and unless the defence pleads otherwise, fully compos mentis at the time of the act then it could not apply to him so I am not sure what would be the case.

Would the trial be adjourned or abandoned if he is sectioned with a breakdown ?

What I want to know is .. how come he has been reasonably ok throughout this past year, even enough to go on holiday and meet a new girlfriend? There seemed to be no mental breakdown going on there (although I suspect, if he has any shred of human emotion, he would have gone through the mill a bit) .. but he does seem to be able to put it out of his mind, enough to have had some fairly enjoyable times over this past year. If he was sincere in his regret, then his breakdown would've been during the past year, and not 'oh so conveniently' just before he is due to be cross examined on his testimony.

Ok after hearing him talk, sorry to OP supporters but he wasn't following the mantra of 'telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth', sorry. He is hiding stuff.

He went completely off script when he said "Before I knew it I shot 4 times", he admitted he shot without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz