Trial Discussion Thread #20 - 14.04.08, Day 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I am wondering . It would be very convenient for him if the trial continues without cross exam . He gets to put his side but not clear up discrepancies .

Ah, but didn't you notice, OP has cleared up any discrepancies... his testimony is so absolutely perfected that he even notes the subtle detail of how he doesn't remember ever screaming like that, I presume of course to counteract ST saying he screamed like a man and not like a woman.

We have brought it up here many times, but no, it has never been mentioned by either team.

That tells me it is a moot point, but i would still like confirmation one way or the other. Or for the DT to claim...wait for it...that it was broken.

You may be right it's moot, but imo better to wait until Nel does his cross... well that's if he ever gets to cross of course!

wow - just wow - that was some real pain right there. I don't think anyone could fake that kind of heartbreak. Almost made me cry.

But it could be that he is just overwhelmed by this whole case? The position he is in? The end of his running career? End of endorsements? End of "hero-dom? And very possibly - end of his freedom, at least for some time?

Reeva's death and discovering her body are the beginning point of all that has wrong in Oscar's life - all that has catapulted him to the position he is in today.

So IMO, it's hard to say whether that "hearbreak" is actually for Reeva, or is it for his whole situation? Because "discovering" Reeva in the toilet is the beginning of all of this.

Yes, I'm sure he has a lot of guilt and sorrow and regrets over, what I think, was a rash of anger that he could not and did not control. And yes, I'm sure he also feels sad and has emotions about ending Reeva's life.

But it's human nature to fight to protect yourself first and foremost.

And right now, Oscar is in "fight" mode, IMO. Fighting for his freedom. At this moment, I don't think his #1 concern or priority is Reeva, I believe his #1 concern and priority at the moment is Oscar, and getting Oscar out of this mess, and getting Oscar free.

So because of this, I believe the tears and sobbing are actually for himself and for this whole situation he is in. And I do believe that some of it is staged - meaning that, he knows he has to appear very sad at certain times. At those times, I believe he starts to think about his own position in life, his own struggles, his own tribulations - and THAT is what causes his uncontrollable crying/sobbing.

JMO.

We have brought it up here many times, but no, it has never been mentioned by either team.

That tells me it is a moot point, but i would still like confirmation one way or the other. Or for the DT to claim...wait for it...that it was broken.

Oh and I forgot, well at least iirc, Nel did bring it up with Baba who I seem to recall explained that OP had signed up to the full bells and whistles security package which included the panic button.

I don't think we have any Oscar supporters here... do we? Looks like the judge may be in line behind, Roux, as it were...

Guilty on all gun charges and guilty of killing another person.

I happen to think he killed her by accident. And if he knew it was her behind that door he would not have killed her. So I guess for now that makes me more of a supporter.

This is what I am wondering . It would be very convenient for him if the trial continues without cross exam . He gets to put his side but not clear up discrepancies .

I simply cannot imagine how Reeva's family and friends will be feeling if that does happen .. he should be dragged to court and forced to undergo cross examination. There seems to have been far too much pussy footing around him .. for heaven's sake, this individual is a killer and Reeva was killed in one of the most brutal ways possible! He is clearly a liar, and that makes it all the more sinister .. that he has the absolute gall to do all this 'god' stuff, and yet lie through his teeth .. he probably thinks he can even convince his god when he eventually gets up there. I don't believe there is a god though, so I believe he needs to be judged here on earth and be punished here on earth, and not leave the judgement down to a god that I don't believe even exists (and which he probably doesn't either .. this whole god thing has been waay over the top to me, even a believer wouldn't go to the lengths he has been during the court case, sitting there with his bible in his hand, etc, in order to try and prove they have a belief in god).

I forgot about that! Why wouldn't Nel have exploited that in X, I wonder?

:waitasec:

Give Nel a chance! He has brought it into evidence with Baba who iirc explained it was an extra that OP had signed up to, something like that, so he can clearly ask OP about it... when or if he gets the chance.

Hah, so the time of the *advertiser censored* watching was downstairs while she was cooking? Why would he be doing that, while he has his beautiful girlfriend there, on Valentine's Day Eve??? Did he need to watch that stuff to get himself 'in the mood'? Maybe he wasn't quite so into her as he claims, then, otherwise he would not need all that stuff beforehand. I think there may have been an argument over this too, both the watching of the *advertiser censored*, and probably some probs in bed, too.

He did seem very irritated that she kept showing him pics even though he wsa "so tired." Kind of like, I was soooooo tired but she wouldn't leave me alone.

Who knows? there are many things that could have started the argument. That could have been one of them. Maybe she wanted to hang out/talk/have sex, and he just wanted to go to sleep? And then maybe when he was sleeping, if he actually slept, she checked his Ipad and saw in his History that he had been watching *advertiser censored*? Maybe she didn't even check his Ipad to be checking it, maybe she just wanted to use it to browse the internet. I don't know if she had her laptop there with her or not. I know I can't stand browsing for things on my phone with the screen so small.

He has been in a mental state for three years. I hope Oscar doesn't go down that route to avoid justice.

If OP was not out on bail, then I wouldn't really care when he stood trial, to be honest .. it's the fact that all the while he has been waiting for this trial, he has been able to go swanning about as if he hadn't done a thing wrong, and I presume that if the trial gets delayed, he will still be in some comfortable place somewhere, whereas he should actually be in jail just like most other people are and then when they are sentenced, the time they have already spent in prison is deducted from their prison sentence. That's how it's done in the UK, anyway .. you would never just have a murderer allowed out on bail like he has been.

I did notice in some parts of the testimony today, OP said a lot, fast and with loads of details, but lots of us struggled to get what he was actually saying. For example

Security: He had lots, but not on interior doors, then he jumped to something about contrators moving outside sensors. But unless I missed it, he didn't say that stopped them working, and he didn't say what security the remote he operated that night activated?

Valentine present: He didn't quite say he had not bought Reeva anything. He jumbled it all up with a bracelet he had brought her before, and trinkets he was going to buy for it in the future?

The Sunroof shots: I don't think he called anyone a liar, it was just like they never happened? He concentrated more on what a speed freak of a driver Darren is. And how aggressive/rude police were. One smoked too, tsk tsk.

I think he may have said the outside sensors had been removed from the wall a long time ago .

I didn't hear all of it, but if you are correct, and I am supposing you are, then OP has just about managed in his testimony to cover every single discrepancy, absurdity, criticism, etc. relevant his version. Amazing... simply amazing.

OH MY GOODNESS.. so true... the last few seconds of this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOnoiIPsLbA

Can you believe this guy? Falling apart, crying, WAILING!!!! Extra ferocity at the end... this is turning into an exhibition... ha! What a joke...

C'mon, Nell, get in there and put an end TO THIS MOCKERY!!!!!

Listen to him cry at the end there... oh man... oh...

Sounds fake to me. At 29:48 in vid the woman sitting to the right of Aimee seems to have a pleased look, quickly squelched, when OP's volume went up.

Back from my cat nap....I haven't watched the
Last bit of trial....I've been catching up here.xoxo

I destinctly heard Roux whisper a word that OP repeated right away..sometime before the lunch break.

His story sounds rehearsed . He repeated it word for word if he got interrupted.

What word?

Yes, there was some fog today for sure. Which is surprising in such detailed, extensive testimony, I think. And Roux is a details man who would have worked to get clarification out of OP, if he thought it would help. So he must think it's best left just the way it is? Foggy?

Fortunately, Nel won't allow OP to ramble on, but will ask specific questions that require specific answers.

I simply cannot imagine how Reeva's family and friends will be feeling if that does happen .. he should be dragged to court and forced to undergo cross examination. There seems to have been far too much pussy footing around him .. for heaven's sake, this individual is a killer and Reeva was killed in one of the most brutal ways possible! He is clearly a liar, and that makes it all the more sinister .. that he has the absolute gall to do all this 'god' stuff, and yet lie through his teeth .. he probably thinks he can even convince his god when he eventually gets up there. I don't believe there is a god though, so I believe he needs to be judged here on earth and be punished here on earth, and not leave the judgement down to a god that I don't believe even exists (and which he probably doesn't either .. this whole god thing has been waay over the top to me, even a believer wouldn't go to the lengths he has been during the court case, sitting there with his bible in his hand, etc, in order to try and prove they have a belief in god).
I hate to think how difficult it must be for Reeva's family .
Her mother and father folded there arms when listening today and do not look like they believe his story . As the early stages of the trial Reeva's mum seemed more impassive and open to the truth but now i think from her expression and body language she looks angry and sad ,and who could blame her .
The families dignity throughout has been very moving to me .

Roux...just one text message...Whats app after another...*advertiser censored*...ooo...Baba...trials these days have no testimony...just reading texts.

Yeah today be said his bedroom door didn't lock very well and bolstered it with the cricket bat

Yeah. Another detail to belabour the point around his fear of break-ins, yet he didn't repair the downstairs window straight away, (he had an excuse for why he didn't), he left ladders down below, (probably had an excuse for that too but I didn't catch it that day), etc.

She also left in the same car with him, wonder if she is also staying with the family. Very personal care indeed

BIB. I burst out laughing after reading that! But TBH I was thinking the same thing. :wink: LOL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member