Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by curiousjo View Post
=====
The reason why OP said he held Reeva for some time, is because people are wondering what the delay was in calling for help, as they want us to believe the first shots were the gun (not the latter shots).
So he held her but didn't try to get help for her ? And where are his footprints in blood if he sat with her while she was still in the toilet... or did I get it wrong and he pulled her out and then sat with her for he doesn't know how long?

Yes, how is it that he was in such a panic about breaking the door down once he realised it was her .. then as soon as he had broken the door down he just sat with her (all quiet like?? --->> "I sat over Reeva and I cried .. I don't know how long I was there for .. she wasn't breathing .. wahhhh .. wahhhh, etc" < carted off, court adjourned > ), then next minute he reckons he was calling NetCare and then trying to get her off to hozzie (but then taking his time about it), then trying to 'resuscitate' her while carrying her downstairs.

Hello I just started watching the live streams and archives. Is there a site that shows OP as he's testifying?

I get what you're saying but I kind of feel he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. What would we all be saying if he was staring blankly at photos of bullet wounds in her head? If he showed anything less than shock, horror, disgust, emotion, guilt, pain?

I believe his reactions and I believe he feels nothing but sorrow and remorse, but I don't think he shot her by accident. I think there was an argument and he lost control, so I'm on neither side of the fence particularly. I trust the judge will make the right decision. :twocents:

I am also inclined to believe there was an argument and he lost control. I have suspected as much for a long time but suspect it more strongly now after hearing a witness account of prolonged loud talking prior to gunshots, witness accounts of screaming before and during shots, witness accounts of OP's itchy trigger finger, and OP's behavior in the courtroom that indicates he has great difficulty controlling emotional impulses and outbursts. I'm trying to keep an open mind in case we hear conflicting accounts from other witnesses for the defense, but that's my suspicion for now.

As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

Lol, join the club. I'm not a supporter of OP and think he is a little bit of an idiot but in the interests of justice, I believe it is a possibility he is telling the truth. :)

Where you based?

I hear you!

JHB and you?

would totally agree with what has been said regarding "Baba" controlling the court...this guy seems to get his way no matter what. Also as was pointed out he sure seemed able to pull himself together...take up with a young girl etc. during the last year.

I saw it on TV where he started sobbing and she called for adjournment. She did NOT seem too pleased, IMO. IMO she had a very annoyed look on her face, a look of "here we go again." I think Roux is going to drill it into Oscar that he might take this sobbing thing a little too far and begin seriously annoying the judge.

JMO.

I agree. Look at Masipa's face after OPs breakdown at 16.42 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmadaSpdQdI&list=UU8yH-uI81UUtEMDsowQyx1g she plonks her pen down and her face says it all. She adjourned immediately without consulting anyone.

She doesn't look to me like she is going to allow this situation to continue

The Sunroof shots: I don't think he called anyone a liar, it was just like they never happened? He concentrated more on what a speed freak of a driver Darren is. And how aggressive/rude police were. One smoked too, tsk tsk.

Who is that referring to? OP? ( I missed half of it, somewhere around the middle of him testifying, when my streaming stopped working:-/ )

@ 9:50 in the following video:

"......And, um, at that point the first thing I thought was that maybe she got down onto the floor like I'd told her to, maybe she's just scared....."

Now why in the world did he not include that tidbit into his bail application statement? Perhaps because like most of his testimony today he talked it over with his lawyers, after the State wrapped up their CIC, and made things fit as to what the witnesses testified to and what sounded better instead of his crap of a story he told before? Really was pathetic to hear the lies that he told in his testimony today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmadaSpdQdI&list=UU8yH-uI81UUtEMDsowQyx1g

MOO

He's selfish to the core.All that rubbish about trying to 'put pen to paper many times' to apologise to the Steenkamps, and yet never managing to do that in over a year, and now he gets the chance to explain why he murdered their daughter and instead of being a man and just getting on with it, he has to have regular breakdowns and get the case adjourned. He knows he's putting them through absolute hell and yet he keeps making himself the centre of attention so that all people are talking about is poor Oscar breaking down!!

Disgusted, I hope her family is too.

I also want to know how OP was able to keep it together when identifying things in the bathroom photo that showed Reeva's blood on the floor and the toilet. No crying then. Just point blank pointing things out. No flashback to the smell of Reeva's blood. No need for the green bucket.

This shows me that he is putting on an act. He cries on cue at the precise moments he and his defense team previously agreed to. Reminds me of Jodi Arias.

MOO

I don't think she is .. Judge Masipa is a highly experienced judge and has presided over numerous DV murder cases .. I doubt very much whether there is any pulling the wool over her eyes. Her body language was saying it all these last couple of days, and it was screaming 'do not insult my intelligence!!' The fact that she has let him off early has nothing to do with any taking of the bait, because the prosecution were in agreement with court being adjourned today too, so presumably there wasn't a lot more she could do in that regard. But she's not stupid, and she won't be taken in by any of this malarky, that's for sure!

I hope and pray your are right... its just seems like he is polishing up the "likeable" features of himself... storing away his shine box each morning after a night of no sleep. I hope you are right... just fear... imagine... ugh... okay, not going to go there...

I bet we have two more days of Roux playing badminton with OP. Then day III we see Nell... what do you think (all)? Maybe one more day before Nell?

Yes, we finish up the day in question, but then Roux has 365 more days to push through... and he is going to create an environment that would indicate OP is serious about innocence...

I wish they would just advance the pace here already, let's go, toss him in the freaken pit already and flick the switch...

You'll be able to get some sleep then, Oscar, [modsnip]

Jodi wiped away invisible tears. OP produces actual moisture, because he's crying for all that he's lost ... which doesn't include Reeva imo.

I hear you!

JHB and you?
I'm in CT! Originally from JHB, my family stays in centurion now. Haha, I bailed as soon as I could :D

Yay, so glad you here, hope you stick around :)

Strange after such a display of emotion he can walk out of court as cool as a cucumber!!!

That's good to hear .. (haven't seen the pix yet myself) .. so presumably, in that case, he should be ok to proceed. Good!

Jodi wiped away invisible tears. OP produces actual moisture, because he's crying for all that he's lost ... which doesn't include Reeva imo.

Jodi was able to produce some actual tears as well. To bad we aren't allowed to see OP when he is testifying. I think it would shed light onto if he is acting or not.

MOO

@ 9:50 in the following video:

"......And, um, at that point the first thing I thought was that maybe she got down onto the floor like I'd told her to, maybe she's just scared....."

Now why in the world did he not include that tidbit into his bail application statement? Perhaps because like most of his testimony today he talked it over with his lawyers, after the State wrapped up their CIC, and made things fit as to what the witnesses testified to and what sounded better instead of his crap of a story he told before? Really was pathetic to hear the lies that he told in his testimony today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmadaSpdQdI&list=UU8yH-uI81UUtEMDsowQyx1g

MOO

OP says he'd told RS to get down on the floor, and also that he'd whispered to her before he grabbed the gun to call the police, but she didn't utter a word in response? Liar.

I saw it on TV where he started sobbing and she called for adjournment. She did NOT seem too pleased, IMO. IMO she had a very annoyed look on her face, a look of "here we go again." I think Roux is going to drill it into Oscar that he might take this sobbing thing a little too far and begin seriously annoying the judge.

JMO.

Definitely! .. here she is again at 0:31 seconds in -->> http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-04-07/oscar-pistorius-reeva-steenkamp-murder-trial/ (scroll down for vid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!