Trial Discussion Thread #21 - 14.04.09, Day 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, so can he stand or not stand on his stumps?! OP, next time, just get your legs ok?? :D

R asks about Dr S's statement that the noises were such rapid succession. Op says, quite firmly, it's impossible. "If you look at the times of the telephone calls" it has to be five mins.

Now OP is asked to physically kick the door.

He's kicked just above the doorhandle.

Now asked to show how he handled the cricket bat.

R: But please don't actually hit the door.

Now OP is giving court a serious lecture on the 'natural way' to break down a door with a bat!

What an absolute cheek .. presumably this has been worked into the script in order to try and discredit Dr Stipp's evidence (and possibly even that of his wife) .. i.e. they don't seem to know what they are talking about.

I agree, that was a bloody stupid thing to say!

Oh, Oh, Oh, I have to go. I shall look forward to reading all your posts this evening. I am hoping Nel won't get cracking until tomorrow but things seem to be moving on fairly quickly this morning.

Aislinn Laing ‏@Simmoa 1m
Pistorius: "I watched the demonstration. To say it was in an unnatural way is very true. But I used my entire body, hard for me to demo now"

https://twitter.com/Simmoa

O: I hit the door with all my might....I doubt I remained in the same position. I had socks on and was standing on a tiled floor.

R: We are going to deal with the state witnesses not called by the state now.

Putting an end to speculation? Because he says it was a certain way, that means no need for any more speculation?
lol, sorry, I should have actually said "puts end to MY speculation". Im sure everyone else will continue to speculate! :)

Oscar said Reeva's parents were planning back in early 2013 to run a pub, and they do in fact currently operate one. This country (South Africa) has a big alcohol problem, and the last thing we need is more pubs. It is a known fact that a lot of our gruesome crime stems from the abuse of alcohol and use of hard drugs.

OP- I can barely stand on my stumps.

If so, then why did he go brush his teeth "on his stumps" earlier? And attack Mr. Intruder "on his stumps?" SMH He speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

ST testified that OP was unstable on his stumps sometimes.

Showing pics of OP's house to him, and neighbours. OP mentions neighbour Kenny, or Kenneth.

R: We know he refers to a woman crying, not screaming.

R then asks about the relationship between them. OP says he gave him some trees as a gift, and has chatted to him and his kids; 'Just my neighbour. I don't know him very well'.

He says he doesn't know the wife either, and R says she also says she did not hear screaming.

On to man in house on other side with long, long name. He heard a man crying, but NOT a woman screaming.

OP and this neighbour (207?) shared building contractors and a 'passion for motor vehicles', OP says.

Oscar said Reeva's parents were planning back in early 2013 to run a pub, and they do in fact currently operate one. This country (South Africa) has a big alcohol problem, and the last thing we need is more pubs. It is a known fact that a lot of our gruesome crime stems from the abuse of alcohol and use of hard drugs.

We do? I'd like to think the abuse of alcohol and use of hard drugs is a universal problem.

So Roux's saying both adjoining neighbours did not hear a woman scream and the state didn't call them because of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper