Trial Discussion Thread #28 - 14.04.17, Day 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I'm saying I don't think he sat around for days and hours working out his plan.

He didn't have to. When he was retrieving his gun and planning to go scare her, it could have instantly 'occurred to him' that he could use the often used intruder excuse. It did not need to be worked out for weeks beforehand. It was an obvious ready made excuse.

I was gonna have a chat with the poster Cape Town Crim. as I'm sure I know him from somewhere. I'll have to have a think :confused:

If he's in a blind rage, how could he think of such things?

And, even if he's not, the same, who would think of this?

if you look at the floor plans, and look at where the crack in the door was. best view into the toilet through this crack is by standing off to the right.

first shot rs was standing close to the door [splinter evidence]. he couldn't miss. but shot right to left, hitting right hip.

rs fell back towards the left corner of the toilet. subsequent shots right to left also hitting.

For one thing, OP himself said he was afraid of being hit by ricocheted bullets. Maybe that is why he shot at an angle and not head on towards the door.

=====
This implies that OP had time to think - so the 4 shots were intentional- not accidental. He could have stopped at 1 or none.... Who shoots before saying I have a gun and police are called, allowing the "intruder" to identify themselves and give themselves up.

Just a note to say that in his testimony he said there was a strict no alcohol regime in his training months and not until sept/oct of a year on a break would he have a drink

Having said that his friend Matk Batchelor is on video saying he did have drinking bouts but Im unsure of the context? I will see if I can locate the video and edit to add in this post,

I agree with you alcohol can exacerbate, but will never turn a non killer into a killer if you see what I mean

Eta here it is, the presenter mentions drink but not his ex rugby mate, who just mentions he had a "trip switch"

Here's another article about an incident involving a drunk Pistorius .. from Nov 2011 ..
http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Oscar-Pistorius-Hero-or-Hooligan-20111103

In his version if he were deafened for a while as he claims how could he tell that Reeva did not respond from the bedroom to his shout to phone the police immediately after he fired the shots through the door.

That's why his testimony sounded so weird. He was feeling around for her in the bedroom---feeling the floor, feeling the curtains.

He was deaf!

if you look at the floor plans, and look at where the crack in the door was. best view into the toilet through this crack is by standing off to the right.

first shot rs was standing close to the door [splinter evidence]. he couldn't miss. but shot right to left, hitting right hip.

rs fell back towards the left corner of the toilet. subsequent shots right to left also hitting.

The splinters around the bullet holes were evidence of the angle at which they were shot, not the closeness.

I bet you could determine distance by angle. I hope the defense does this if Dixon was not credible.

Point is that everyone's laughing about the defense expert being a geologist, but that's what the state's expert was too. But was any of his testimony about geology? Nope.

I think his geology expertise was highlighted only because of his poor performance in not only discussing his findings under examination, but in the manner in which he went about arriving at his findings.

Just a note to say that in his testimony he said there was a strict no alcohol regime in his training months and not until sept/oct of a year on a break would he have a drink

Having said that his friend Matk Batchelor is on video saying he did have drinking bouts but Im unsure of the context? I will see if I can locate the video and edit to add in this post,

I agree with you alcohol can exacerbate, but will never turn a non killer into a killer if you see what I mean

Eta here it is, apologies, the presenter mentions drink but not his ex rugby mate, who just mentions he had a "trip switch"
(Right at the beginning more or less)

Oscar Pistorius - Cousin says Steenkamp wasn't in Love - YouTube

No biggie, but Batchelor and OP were more like mortal enemies than friends.

That's why his testimony sounded so weird. He was feeling around for her in the bedroom---feeling the floor, feeling the curtains.

He was deaf!

Well, if Roux uses that excuse in two weeks, then we will KNOW they read here.

He was deaf!

No. He was feeling around because it was pitch black and he couldn't see, OTH. I don't recall him saying it was because he was deaf. And mind you, had he been deaf, truly deafened for several minutes after firing that gun, it would have been in his affi, but it wasn't. He's only deaf after firing now to support his claim that he didn't hear a woman screaming while he was mortally wounding her (and since he didn't hear it, no woman screamed was his logic). And, even more absurd, he claims he was screaming all while shooting. How would he know he's screaming if he can't hear himself screaming?

Good question - maybe Minor can help answer this? I have always been curious how the defense side of things work - in a probable "guilty" case, how do they "block out" if common sense and forensics is telling them the client's version is fabricated?

I think in this case it was prob. Oscar who was very insistent that he does not want to plead guilty. Seeing oscar's personality, I have no doubt of this. I think Roux probably gave him all facts and tried to be as honest and straight-forward with him as possible, and ultimate decision was Oscar's.

Jmo.

totally agree regarding osca and his defiance/i haven't done anything.

until today, i didn't realise that he was charged with murder on the same day of the shooting. the police must have been v confident. equally that meant he had little prep time as he was in court at 2pm that first afternoon.

No biggie, but Batchelor and OP were more like mortal enemies than friends.

Oh thanks, It did cross my mind there might be some slandering,/exageration, you cant take everything said as gospel. Was it this guy Reeva is rumoured to have been romantically involved with at some stage? I cant keep up!

No. He was feeling around because it was pitch black and he couldn't see, OTH. I don't recall him saying it was because he was deaf. And mind you, had he been deaf, truly deafened for several minutes after firing that gun, it would have been in his affi, but it wasn't. He's only deaf after firing now to support his claim that he didn't hear a woman screaming while he was mortally wounding her (and since he didn't hear it, no woman screamed was his logic). And, even more absurd, he claims he was screaming all while shooting. How would he know he's screaming if he can't hear himself screaming?

Yes is was pitch black. Let's forget for a minute the question--why didn't he turn on the lights?

He could have stood there and said, "Reeva?"

I don't think he ever said he did that. Instead he's feeling around for her in the dark--feeling the bed, feeling the floor, feeling the curtains.

He was deaf! [and blind].

surreal isn't it. but somehow osca carries on ignoring this...

he has that bad habit of being a pathological liar.

Oh thanks, It did cross my mind there might be some slandering,/exageration, you cant take everything said as gospel. Was it this guy Reeva is rumoured to have been romantically involved with at some stage? I cant keep up!

No, Reeva never dated MB.

Prob. you refer to Francois Hougaard--just before Oscar. I think it lasted only for circa a month.

No I don't. That's why I don't think he would be over by the entrance to the bathroom.

The person standing over by the entrance to the bathroom was scared. :scared:

not angry.

No a scared person would not have his body in front of a door, in case he got shot!!
An angry person would be in front of the door, shouting and hanging the door for the person to get out.
Come on!

Yes is was pitch black. Let's forget for a minute the question--why didn't he turn on the lights?

I don't think he ever said he did that. Instead he's feeling around for her in the dark--feeling the bed, feeling the floor, feeling the curtains.

And dumb.

Or none of the above...

Deaf dumb and blind. He rang Baba and couldn't speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member