Trial Discussion Thread #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to convince anyone. Just saying I'd be quiet in the toilet if I thought my husband, boyfriend, etc. was in the house dealing with an intruder that I could have no way of knowing where he was, etc.

Sure but you agree with my story right?

We are also gonna let ur husband off because he didn't know it was you.

Oh while you were dead he was out partying and some say within a few months he found a younger gf who hasn't even graduate yet.

Not trying to convince anyone. Just saying I'd be quiet in the toilet if I thought my husband, boyfriend, etc. was in the house dealing with an intruder that I could have no way of knowing where he was, etc.

Quiet? It might be better if you were noisy. Or better yet if you were noisy and went to help him! Just in case he might need some help dealing with Mr. Armed Intruder, know what I mean...

You don't think she would assume he was talking to someone else?

Picture this:

You and your boyfriend are in different rooms. You hear him scream at someone, get the f out of my house. You hear him scream at you, call the police. What do you do?

Only two choices--go towards him and see what the ruckus is about. [Don't forget you've been in another home invasion]

or---hide wherever you can=toilet closet.

Picture this.

OP lied about every segment of his alibi.

Then he finished hist testimony by changing his entire defense and claiming that he didn't fire the gun in self-defense, that it just went off on its own.

Why waste time speculating about OP's fairy tale? None of the tale he's told about that night happened.

Do you not see the contradictions?, i'm in a state of terror but i'm going to go walking on my stumps down into the darkness to what i believe is an armed intruder, on my way i'm going to shout at the top of my voice to give away my position.
If there was an armed intruder and this situation played out 100 times, every single time Oscar would have ended up dead and god knows what would have happened to Reeva.
It sound's untrue because it is, IMO.

I do not see any contraction. One can be terrified and run into the face of danger and believe that is the best option. It seems that Oscar is no stranger to shooting and he may have felt that going toward the noise with his 9mm with the firepower and bullets it carried was the best and safest thing to do.

Taking the time to put on his prosthetics or scrambling down stairs on his stumps may have seemed like less viable options. Not to mention retreat was not part of his nature or his nurture.

I have a full set of legs and I am quite nimble I don’t know what I would do if I was under the circumstances that Oscar presents. I do know that I would be certain where my loved one was located.

In which case, why did he enter the bathroom fully? He had no need to and by doing so, he was putting himself in an enormous amount of danger had it actually have been an intruder, because they may well have opened the toilet door and shot him first. In reality, OP would've stayed just at the entrance to the bathroom and used the RH wall as some sort of protection/shield and then shot from there .. he would not have gone wandering into the middle of the bathroom on his stumps and expose himself like that and the only reason why he did so was because there was no actual threat to him behind that toilet door.

That is speculation and I hardly think Oscar would have not shot the hell out of an intruder before the intruder realized that they had intruded into the wrong house.

Ok. This is where I heard about his head injury. The Judge starts talking about it at 3:24.

oscar trial legal panel 11 - YouTube

The speaking Judge is not a Dr. nor a chemist. He never seen or apparently read of his injuries, as he was wrong. He wasn't in a medically induced coma. The Judge is like Dixon giving his opinion on something he's not an expert in. Pfft.

He basically smashed in one side of his face. What a mess.

That would have required a lot of pain killers. But, there's nothing about addiction, right?

So am I to understand, just because it hasn't been made public, you are saying in OP's case, facial injury = brain injury, pain killer use = addiction? Seriously?

I do not see any contraction. One can be terrified and run into the face of danger and believe that is the best option. It seems that Oscar is no stranger to shooting and he may have felt that going toward the noise with his 9mm with the firepower and bullets it carried was the best and safest thing to do.

Taking the time to put on his prosthetics or scrambling down stairs on his stumps may have seemed like less viable options. Not to mention retreat was not part of his nature or his nurture.

I have a full set of legs and I am quite nimble I don’t know what I would do if I was under the circumstances that Oscar presents. I do know that I would be certain where my loved one was located.

I think you should do what OP did and runs towards danger to protect ur loved ones. Oh before you run in you should tied one of arms behind your back to mimic how vulnerable you feel.

After you shot the intruder, wait for 17 mins and do nothing coz that's the right thing to do.

What argument?

That was Oscar screaming after he shot Reeva by accident in putative self defense.

The admitted killer offered no evidence that his screams could be mistaken for a terrified woman.

The defense did not present any recordings or demonstrations of Pistorius screaming like a woman for witnesses to identify or not.

Why?

More importantly, since the defense had ample opportunity to test the witnesses and did not, there is no evidence on record that they heard anything but Reeva's screams.

Wow!
So let's dismantle the FBI' human behavioral unit, the entire field of psychiatry, psychology, sociology....all the data that has yielded....because humans are so unique that their behavior can't ever be predicted.

Sarcasm ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of behavioral sciences you will not find a single reputable source that will say that all people under a certain situation will respond in the same manner. Just think of the wide range of human personalities.

You will find statistics and norms but not an "always" humanity does not have a collective specific behavioral response to a fluid situation.

Cape town crim. You are like a breath of fresh air. Always great to hear new info and opinions.

If Nel said the gunshots were at 3.17 (? Exact) and the stipps looked at their clock when they heard gunshots at 3.17. Oscar says 3.12. (Obviously he can "see" time running around, shooting, screaming, shouting etc etc )What do you think the bangs were at 3 am? And also what do you think Nel thinks the bangs were at 3am.
Ta.

IDK, but to me Nel didn't really put forward a "case" in his opening only that OP's story couldn't be reasonably possibly true. Then early on Nel said something to the judge and Roux about the State having to adapt its case as the defence brought new evidence into the mix due to the bail statement having been all they had to go on up to then and and during the exchange about the two volleys Nel said as far as I can hear, "For now, there was shots fired at 3:17 that caused the deceased". Add to this that near/at the end of the State's case Nel commented something about them having to re-consider and re-work the case with the added evidence, wrongly or rightly, and time will tell, I got the impression that maybe the State's case will change. So who knows if what Nel has seemed to imply, to me at least, as the State's tentative case in those kind of details, will by the time of final submissions have a few surprises. Watch his space!

I put it to you mr hope4more that running over that duck was no accident and why has it taken 48 hrs for you to come forward?

You need to take responsibility for you actions mrHope4more, you didn't just run over that duck....you killed it! say it ....... I killed a duck!

Hope4more should have shot the duck as well!!

Serious question

Can one have PTSD when they didn't suffer a traumatic event that someone/something else caused? Like with OP, there was no intruder. No one pointed a gun to his face, or a knife, or threatened his life. So can he really suffer from PTSD?

Honestly I don't know anymore. Here is what she posted:

Originally Posted by molly333
"We can't conjure up any fake excuses for him.

That would have to be offered by the DT
before we could consider it."

So it looks like a joke if you just read the BIB, but...

I was doing my best to NOT make it joke.

I erased, "that's the DT's job." :whistle:

Serious question

Can one have PTSD when they didn't suffer a traumatic event that someone/something else caused? Like with OP, there was no intruder. No one pointed a gun to his face, or a knife, or threatened his life. So can he really suffer from PTSD?

Yes, I'm sure he is suffering from PTSD. He killed his girlfriend and destroyed her life and his life. Can't get much more traumatic than that.

But, you probably don't want to hear from me.

Sure but you agree with my story right?

We are also gonna let ur husband off because he didn't know it was you.

Oh while you were dead he was out partying and some say within a few months he found a younger gf who hasn't even graduate yet.

If my husband didnt know it was me, yes, of course, I'd expect him to be let off. If he was whooping it up with a young thing shortly after, that would be because I'm old lol. The players in this case are young and beautiful. Killing someone to be with someone younger and more beautiful is not an issue. jmo

Yes, I'm sure he is suffering from PTSD. He killed his girlfriend and destroyed her life and his life. Can't get much more traumatic than that.

But, you probably don't want to hear from me.

Yea pretty traumatic that's why he went on holidays, out partying and found a new gf during this time. Oh maybe also because he is gonna go to jail for a very very long time. By the time he comes out, he will be old and no one will remember him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissBets