Trial Discussion Thread #34 - 14.05.06 Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard them both and wouldn't agree they were 'blood curdling' wails though I wouldn't want to hear such sounds in the middle of the night. I just don't see how two female witnesses for the defence demonstrating what they heard proves ANYTHING about the noises Pistorius may or may not have made. Now had the chap given a loud drawn out wail that might have been different but he didn't, only the two women did.
Well, ya know, they also didn't hear gunshots and only one bang so obviously Reeva couldn't have been shot four times. :banghead:

OP is 5 1 without his pros. legs on. Can we please keep the known facts straight instead of using false information that appears to be used to make OP seem smaller and more vulnerable than he really is.
Thanks for that. I wondered how he'd suddenly lost 13 inches in a few weeks!!

I listened to the part of Carice's testimony where she spoke of she and Aimee taking Reeva's purse from the house. During cross Nel asks her about leaving the police "guard" when upstairs. Carice says that yes, she went into the spare room to get a bag to put OP's clothes and such in. Now during the State's CIC, Van Rensburg testified that the spare room door was locked. So how did Carice get the key to that door? And how did she know that there would be a bag in that room to put OP's stuff in.

She also said that Aimee just walked back into the house, into the kitchen, grabbed Reeva's bag off the counter and walked back out. My guess is that the police on scene thought it was simply Aimee's bag and didn't say anything to her about it to stop her.

MOO

And why the heck would Aimee be so concerned with getting the purse to Reeva's family so urgently? No one even called the family to notify them of the tragic death, yet they tamper with a crime scene, to make certain the purse makes it home? :waitasec:

I am not buying that. I think there is much more to that story. I agree with Shane that there was some thing that were snuck out in the purse that night. Maybe another gun, or ammo , the 'stolen' watch, Reeva's cell or iPad....

That is what I said. MTN and Vodacom are service providers. Not mobile devices.

I have NEVER heard of those companies. Ever. Accurate mobile and landline telephone data is readily accessible by authorities.

But today Mr N said he never heard gunshots.

I think it was Roux that suggested to Baba that the neighbor was Mr N. So was there another neighbor who called?

re: Mr N... i believe his wife heard one 'bang', was he not reporting this.

Did you hear the two woman scream in court today? I would guess that sound could be interpreted as "blood curdling" - Mr and Mrs N both said it was high pitched also. It's reasonable to believe that screaming is what all the witnesses heard - they just applied different interpretations.

I am sure it's not lost on you that they were women...kinda of like comparing apples to oranges and very deceitful I think.

And yet she is a senior lecturer in law at Cape Town Uni. Maybe Cape Town Crim is right and she is an OP fan. It's the only explanation.

One time I was watching and her and Curnow were doing their usual positive spin and it cut back to the hosts in the studio who were sitting there open mouthed - this was back when CNN Europe were televising the trial live and you could see that the anchors were incredulous about what those two women were saying. The phrase 'are we watching the same trial' came to mind as it so often does with this one. :)

Yep, she is an avid OP fan, but it doesn't seem to stop her making herself look stupid. But she is not alone as we are reminded occasionally.

Thanks---Going to add it to the list: .

Roux said that the defense would present evidence PROVING that :

1. RS never screamed because the headshot was the first shot

2. OP sounds just like a woman when he screams, and the screams the 5 witnesses heard were actually OP screaming

3. The sounds of the cricket bat are indistinguishable from the sounds of gunshots

4. Something about double taps...[he gave up on that already]

5. The police tampered with the photos and the crime scene

6. OP felt extremely vulnerable because of his disability and because of his personal history as a crime victim

Any other promises he has left to prove before Tuesday?

didnt dixon mention some crime boards were going to be in court and nel asked him how he knew not sure what they prove but thought id add to your list

From that link:

The South African Paralympian who is on trial for Steenkamp's murder, flatly denied speaking to Kim Myers but witnesses, including a police officer, claimed they heard Pistorius as he left the dock during an adjournment.
--------------------
Isn't it amazing?? Here he is outright denying something yet again, when there are witnesses who heard what he said!! I hope the judge takes note of this additional lie and adds it to the reams of other lies OP has told. He should never have approached Kim in the first place, but then he doesn't really show respect or consideration for other people, despite expecting it to be shown to himself at all times. He just can't hide his true self.

Yep, and not only that but it's that old 'blame' thing again isn't it .. he appears (by what he said, i.e. 'How can you sleep at night?') to be blaming Reeva's friends and family for putting him in the predicament of being in court/being accused of murder. Nothing to do with him shooting at Reeva four times, oh no siree! :facepalm:

OP is 5 1 without his pros. legs on. Can we please keep the known facts straight instead of using false information that appears to be used to make OP seem smaller and more vulnerable than he really is.

If you agree that OP is 1.23 metres on his stumps, can you convert this to feet for me please?

I don't think so. From the street: OP's bedroom balcony is on the right side of OP's house, OP's bathroom windows face toward the back, and the N's house is to the left of OP's, with the N's bedroom on the left side of N's house. I think.

I probably mixed up which side the neighbor is on

I would really like to hear from witness #12 - Dr. S.M. Lukhosi of the Mamekodi Medical-Legal centre -- he/she is the doc responsible for cataloguing any scratches, wounds, toxicology testing etc of OP immediately after his arrest.

I listened to the part of Carice's testimony where she spoke of she and Aimee taking Reeva's purse from the house. During cross Nel asks her about leaving the police "guard" when upstairs. Carice says that yes, she went into the spare room to get a bag to put OP's clothes and such in. Now during the State's CIC, Van Rensburg testified that the spare room door was locked. So how did Carice get the key to that door? And how did she know that there would be a bag in that room to put OP's stuff in.

She also said that Aimee just walked back into the house, into the kitchen, grabbed Reeva's bag off the counter and walked back out. My guess is that the police on scene thought it was simply Aimee's bag and didn't say anything to her about it to stop her.

MOO

Excellent.
Except I do not believe anything coming from VR.

You should find out who WO Botha implies sent out that van whose driver tried to run him off the road at 100 mph, while Botha was going to try to arrest someone in the murder of an office worker.

Botha would be arrested for trying to defend himself against the van driver...

I've said for year that the public scapegoat from the monolithic MSM is really a hero. And I said lately blusterful Roux will not dare call him.

Botha knows much about items taken/given to OP family from the crime scene. And also who likely sent out that van to go after him... JMOOC

Obviously, this one runs very deep.

If the current evidence from the both the PT and DT expert witnesses correct then with the above scenario I'm left holding a mental picture that I find so very hard to believe. Much harder than believing OP screamed like a woman.

I have to imagine that OP was arguing with Reeva whilst on his stumps - that's a whole 4ft tall, for a guy that supposedly likes to be in control and domineering. Rather than steadily moving down the corridor to maintain his balance as he would be in an intruder situation, he's running after Reeva in a waddling fashion through the bedroom, along the corridor and into the bathroom, whilst trying to remain upright. Whilst doing this he has to hope that neither Reeva stops running or he stops waddling, as if he has to stop without anything for balance he simply falls over. He also has to make sure that he doesn't come into contact with Reeva as again, he'll lose balance and his best laid plan will be scuppered as he lies on the floor.

He can't push or move Reeva anywhere, as guess what...he'd fall over. Once he stops moving he has to lean on something, that is a simple fact. It then would become necessary for him to request that Reeva take herself into the toilet, or wait while he uses her for balance, and then follow her into the toilet. At any time from wherever the argument started, Reeva, who is quite an athletic girl herself, could move her hip to the side and send OP tumbling. A simple push with one hand would do it

Now, it may be difficult to imagine OP screaming in a high octave, but if I'm thinking in terms of probability, the threatening but waddling OP is gonna come second every single time.

The waddling explanation isn't meant to be funny - it's realism.

Once you get over this it helps to understand how ridiculous this scenario appears.

Unless, of course, he had his legs on.

Your description of his waddling is exactly why I don't believe his story, that he ran down that long dark hall towards danger, while on his stumps.

BBM

And that means what? They're both mobile service providers in South Africa. Those are the companies law enforcement would request mobile phone records from.

https://www.mtn.co.za/Pages/Home.aspx
http://www.vodacom.co.za/

Correct, m'lady. Oscar's phone records were provided by Vodacom. The police requested his phone records and were then provided with an extra phone record by Vodacom. That is how the police found out his phone was smuggled out of the crime scene.

Unless, of course, he had his legs on.

Your description of his waddling is exactly why I don't believe his story, that he ran down that long dark hall towards danger, while on his stumps.

...but he didn't.

Where did you hear this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members