Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She says because a baby OP's age can't be communicated with, his operation would have been perceived as 'traumatic assault'.

V: He was never allowed to see himself as disabled...over time that could have resulted in extra anxiety, tring to appear normal.....His mother was his primary attachment figure....from his description, his father was a distant and irresponsible figure

She goes on to explain how after parents split, mom had a drink problem, lived in fear and did not comfort the children.

That's mom and dad under the bus then....

Wow, he's now throwing his mum under this bus. I've only ever heard him describe his mother in a positive light.

I reckon. It seems it's his mother's fault as she was anxious. I hate this BS too.

Yes, I've just heard that! .. she's saying that the mother even added to their anxiety .. here we go again, passing the blame ..

OMG, I can see already that this is all going to be a load of BS.
There's always a great deal of subjectivity when it comes to psych testimony. Notice though, the mother is at fault, when she's deceased and her 'true role' really can't be ascertained beyond what the family's opinions are?

I think she'll be a good witness for Pistorius but I believe Nel won't have many problems proving even if all this is true, it doesn't preclude him from committing intentional murder.

MOO

V: Carl was often charged with taking care of his younger brother.....often had to intervene on his behalf (at school)......at 14 he moved to his father's but there were soon problems....he and his brother became weekly boarders at school.

She goes on to explain that death of mother resulted in increased anxiety. OP then stayed with his maternal aunt, Mrs Binge.

So does everybody who has an operation before being able to talk grow up to not be safe around guns because it's considered an assault?

What a load of wishy washy nonsense!

So......in all of OP's Celebrity life and interviews.....it was a POSITIVE thing that he was not seen as 'disabled'. Now....(that he has shot and killed his girlfriend).....it is a NEGATIVE thing that he was never allowed to see himself as 'disabled'. Hmmmm???

Re his past and how it affected him - funny how he turned out the way he is when the others appear to have grown up normally. I hope Nell brings this up.

Wow, he's now throwing his mum under this bus. I've only ever heard him describe his mother in a positive light.

Yes I've seen him rave about how wonderful she was and how she made sure he never felt different because of his disability. Sounds like a good mum to me!

What extra security measures did he add to his property?

V: Age 21, he broke off contact with his father.....she explains that as his successs grew, he became more and more concerned about security. He had few long term relationships and mainly kept in touch with siblings thru social media.

Neal Forster.. takes the oath..

this is Dr Forster..

Roux, asks, oh its a her. hehe. still I think her name is Neal. she provides her CV. copies of her report..

0001 and 0002 report numbers.. Masipa enters them into evidence..

Roux leading his witness in questioning. .

bit of shuffling around going on.. .. witness makes herself comfy..

it would be more accurate to call you professor doctor..

Fos.. says it makes no difference..

her quals. Proff in this psychiatry. Witwatersrand uni.. forensic psychiatrist. has a subspecial of forensic psychiatry.

her previous employment. training position, 17 years at a hospital.. regioinal health ..

she has an extremely firm voice, a sort of army barracks voice and emphatic speaking.. clear English. very concise and no nonsense voice. no tv , cant tell you what she looks like.

Roux. 0002 your report. may we present your evidence??

mr pistorius was evaluated to obtain his condition. family members were also interviewed.. medical records.. 3 affidavits one from Justin Divaris. I interviewd 3 individuals.. his manager, his friend. his brother Carl and his coach.

his developmental history??

mr p is a middle child, born with a disability, at the pre language age, he would have had no language to describe his surgery..

the significance of that? ?

He wouldn't be able to understand why he was in hospital. he wouldn't be able to be comforted by his mother, infants would perceive this as traumatic assault.
his parents always encouraged him to perform as normal.. when he got his prosthetics, he walked at 17 months. always encouraged to be seen as normal.

This would result in accelerating anxiety.. he describes his mother as very loving, his father often away. his parents divorced as 6, dramatic change in circs, mother had to work. in his opinion his father was irresponsible. his mother was very anxious , using alchohol as a crutch. the children were not soothed bhy their mother, resulting in heightened anxiety.

the children were reared to see their external environment as threatening. the mother ADDed to their anxiety...

ROUX. would the anxiety go away?

Fos.. no. it remained. Carl, his older brother, looked after the chhildren. the maternal grandmother looked after the family financially. his older brother had to intervene occasionally on his behalf. he appeard to be a socialable child

at the age of 14 he went to highschool and lived with his father, then went to boarding school. his brother went to the same school the sister lived with the mother... .. he had no problem with his academic performance.

at the age of 15 his mother died. he was devastated... he described this as very very stressful. he continued to be a weekly boarder, stayed with is maternal aunt. he was supported by his family. he had hardly any contact with his father after this.. 16.. he had a knee injury, ran for healing, developed as a runner, began to make money independently. hegrew into an international athlete.. spends many months of the year in Italy. he says he feels the high violence of crime in SA makes him anxious. ( he cut off all ties with his father at 21 ) .

Mr p tries to be financially independent , it relieves his stresss, he has had 2 longterm relationships, he is quite self sufficient..

Roux. you mentioned his attemps to manage his anxiety??

Fos.. it is my opinion that Mr P has an anxiety disorder... he tries to control his environment to control his anxiety. his strict training regime and his diet helps him control this.. as he became more famous he would have to manage his anxiety more and more..

in order to control his anxiety, he must control his environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest